Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 04:59 AM

79,911 posts, read 44,505,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
What is your point, exactly?
I've made it very plain more than once.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:42 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,550,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Is their knee erk reaction any worse than yours? There's still not enough information at this point to really say anything.

As for the commentator in chief, you'd probably be whining if he did nothing. Do you really think it serves our national interest if the United States is seen domestically as persecuting muslims?

You might want to stick to pudding pops.
There's more than enough info to state that he did not 'invent' anything. he knew his 'clock' could look suspiciously like an explosive device, and the hubbub over his engineering and scientific skills were nonsense, two subjects that are above Obama's pay grade. Ahmed received undeserved attention from some important people and groups Because he's Muslim.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:24 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,093,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In Texas the public can not access the records of juveniles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You really believe that? Source? That stuff would be all over the place if available.
The public can access PD incident/offense reports. For example, a certain address and date. I know because I do it. In cases of juveniles, or sexual assault victims, the name will just be left off or redacted. But all of the other incident details may be there, depending on the PD.

Not saying that's necessarily what happened here, just pointing out FOIA.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
The public can access PD incident/offense reports. For example, a certain address and date. I know because I do it. In cases of juveniles, or sexual assault victims, the name will just be left off or redacted. But all of the other incident details may be there, depending on the PD.

Not saying that's necessarily what happened here, just pointing out FOIA.
I'm not very good with links on my phone but I will post it later if need be. I looked up the law and it stated that the public could not access records of juveniles through the FOI.

Only specific people can for very specific needs and I doubt they would be releasing this info.

It also says jueviniles can get the records sealed from everyone.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
I'm not very good with links on my phone but I will post it later if need be. I looked up the law and it stated that the public could not access records of juveniles through the FOI.

Only specific people can for very specific needs and I doubt they would be releasing this info.

It also says jueviniles can get the records sealed from everyone.
Two different situations -- looking up by offender or arrestee name (which may be what you're thinking) or looking up any incidents that happened at a specific location on a specific date or time period. Also, PDs are all different.

Old 09-23-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Two different situations -- looking up by offender or arrestee name (which may be what you're thinking) or looking up any incidents that happened at a specific location on a specific date or time period. Also, PDs are all different.
Sorry, I don't buy it. It would in the end create the same result.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:05 AM

53,611 posts, read 35,393,649 times
Quote:
This particular story is an interesting twist on the "Police BAD and RACIST" meme that has been saturating public discourse and promoted so heavily by the media in this country for the past few years. And what I find most interesting is that people on the left, who have already proclaimed themselves to be experts on police conduct, are now experts on IEDs as well and are able to admonish school officials or authority figures for not being able to instantly differentiate a genuine explosive device and a digital clock which is housed in a fashion to give the appearance of an explosive device. Simply incredible... the untapped expertise of all these members of society.

But I'm not sure that's even really the issue here. I believe he was actually questioned because he brought a device to school that was designed -- perhaps intentionally -- to appear as an explosive. And when questioned, he was uncooperative and combative. None of us know much about the character of Ahmed, and there are still a lot of questions about how he handled the situation and what his true intentions were. Most of the information that has come out is from the family themselves. Either he designed it to illicit a certain reaction from his peers, or if the people coming to his defense are correct, and it was simply a misunderstanding and hostile response triggered by our evil racist society, then we have to conclude that Ahmed is not a very bright boy. Removing a consumer alarm clock from its plastic housing and sticking it into a pencil case is not remarkable in the least, and claiming to have "invented" a clock in the process is just... dumb.

So then why treat him as some type of boy wonder electronic engineering whiz kid and invite him to the White House, offer him scholarships or send him to the UN, Facebook, or Twitter? Perhaps this ironically speaks volumes of the soft racism and "lowered expectations" of people of color exercised by the political left.
great post. too early to rep you again unfortunately.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy it. It would in the end create the same result.
Suit yourself. But I do it all the time for work.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
So then why treat him as some type of boy wonder electronic engineering whiz kid and invite him to the White House, offer him scholarships or send him to the UN, Facebook, or Twitter? Perhaps this ironically speaks volumes of the soft racism and "lowered expectations" of people of color exercised by the political left.
Perhaps it does.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:20 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,946,148 times
More and more details are emerging about this kid despite attempts from the family to hide them.

And I was right--the father is a Muslim activist, and this stunt was simply another version of the Traveling Imams--provocateurs inciting reasonable fear through their outrageous behavior, then assuming victim status followed by a suit or change to "discriminatory" practices.

And....hmmm....Irving TX--where there happens to be a push by Muslims to institute Sharia law.

Wake up, sheeple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies