Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 05:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,927,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
9 FACTS That Prove Clock Boy Ahmed Was An Elaborate Hoax Created By Obama Administration
Read more at 9 FACTS That Prove Clock Boy Ahmed Was An Elaborate Hoax Created By Obama Administration ⋆ UFP NEWS
Pretty much right wing BS.

#1 - I have seen no report that it was a school project. It was a project by the kid.

#2 - Nope no report that he was turned in by the Engineering Teacher. All accounts say it was the English Teacher later in the day. It was not a count down clock. Author made that up.

#3 - Still not a countdown clock and he told them it was a clock and they knew it was a clock and they arrested him anyway...probably because he was a Muslim.

#4: Young inventors should be encouraged, not arrested - Well this guy finally did get something remotely correct.. It was not a great technical achievement. Showed minor understanding and some low level of motor skill.

#5: The school overreacted in fear because he was a Muslim and suspended him: a startling example of Islamophobia. Yes it appears that is what happened. The school had a zero tolerance on clocks? Really? Arrests all the kids with wristwatches?

The other three are similar. They have a pretty blond lady mayor who is clearly terrified of Muslims. And that may help explain the weird behavior by the Police and School.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM

9,180 posts, read 5,869,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
#4: Young inventors should be encouraged, not arrested - Well this guy finally did get something remotely correct.. It was not a great technical achievement. Showed minor understanding and some low level of motor skill.
That's ridiculous. What skill?
He didn't even take it apart;
he just took it out of the case
and put it in a pencil box.

The attention he's getting for his non-accomplishment is crazy.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,098,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How is it that so many of you who don't like other people's opinions have such an intimate knowledge of Stormfront.

I grudgingly give Ahmed and family much credit. For doing a low-level project and a few hours of inconvenience, he's become a heroic figure, hob-nobbing with bigwigs and traveling the world.
I don't have any knowledge of what goes on at Stormfront, except that I've heard it's a white supremacist site.

I have worked with 14-year-olds before though. Most of them are still learning how to think independently. So while I'm not going to claim that Ahmed is a super genius or anything like that, he's probably a kid with some interest in showing what he's done (even though it's not going to be amazing yet.) Claiming that this whole thing was an elaborate hoax to make up Islamophobia is not something a 14-year-old (or basically anybody except the minority of ADULT professional agitators, so to not take the scenario at face value is clearly ridiculous in my opinion.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:13 PM

123 posts, read 106,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I don't have any knowledge of what goes on at Stormfront, except that I've heard it's a white supremacist site.

I have worked with 14-year-olds before though. Most of them are still learning how to think independently. So while I'm not going to claim that Ahmed is a super genius or anything like that, he's probably a kid with some interest in showing what he's done (even though it's not going to be amazing yet.) Claiming that this whole thing was an elaborate hoax to make up Islamophobia is not something a 14-year-old (or basically anybody except the minority of ADULT professional agitators, so to not take the scenario at face value is clearly ridiculous in my opinion.
Sorta like that big smile he was parading around in immediate photos and his "going to see my lawyer" post on Twitter.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,927,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's ridiculous. What skill?
He didn't even take it apart;
he just took it out of the case
and put it in a pencil box.

The attention he's getting for his non-accomplishment is crazy.
Easily screwed up...and it can knock you on your can...Not a significant achievement. But it could be screwed up.

He is not getting attention for his project. His attention is because the PTB went after him and there appears to be no rationale except he was a Muslim..

Continues to bother me too. But it sounds like Irving is oriented that way.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:39 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,863,094 times
Quote:
He is not getting attention for his project. His attention is because the PTB went after him and there appears to be no rationale except he was a Muslim..
...who assembled a hoax bomb detonator and took it to school.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:42 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,910,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
...who assembled a hoax bomb detonator and took it to school.
I think it was a hoax clock.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 PM

13,378 posts, read 22,049,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I think it was a hoax clock invention.
Got that right.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:47 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,828,628 times
Quote:
His attention is because the PTB went after him and there appears to be no rationale except he was a Muslim..
...who built something that looked kinda like a bomb, brought it to school knowing it would scare people, messed around with it until he got a reaction, then copped an attitude when questioned.

Sheesh. 40 pages of people explaining that to you and you've learned nothing.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:52 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,910,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Got that right.
No need to change my wording when quoting me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies