Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 11:09 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,870,056 times

Advertisements

Now here is a home-made circuit board I "invented." I'm still waiting on my invite.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,481,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Article notes he was arrested
Article is wrong. He was detained. Arrest comes with charges that you go to court for.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,882,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Link doesn't work for me.
Link is fine. Something wrong at your end.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:21 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,424,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Article is wrong. He was detained. Arrest comes with charges that you go to court for.
This is wrong but pretty much par the course. Prosecuting attorney determines if he presents the charges to a court AFTER you are arrested.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
This is wrong but pretty much par the course. Prosecuting attorney determines if he presents the charges to a court AFTER you are arrested.
Oh please....You are so wrong and you keep doubling down. In order to be arrested you have to have broken a law. That comes with a charge that you go to court for. Quit while you are ahead. I'm embarrassed to breathe the same air as some of you who think you know it all but don't. I can't believe so many people are this ****ing ignorant. He was detained and let go after questioning. Perfectly legal. Oh and you want to talk par for the course? You didn't even know it was legal to detain a minor and question them without the parents present, which is exactly what happened.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Oh please....You are so wrong and you keep doubling down. In order to be arrested you have to have broken a law. That comes with a charge that you go to court for. Quit while you are ahead. I'm embarrassed to breathe the same air as some of you who think you know it all but don't. I can't believe so many people are this ****ing ignorant. He was detained and let go after questioning. Perfectly legal. Oh and you want to talk par for the course? You didn't even know it was legal to detain a minor and question them without the parents present, which is exactly what happened.
Arrest
Being detained by the police in a manner that, to any reasonable person, makes it clear he or she is not free to leave. A person can be "under arrest" even though the police have not announced it; nor are handcuffs or physical restraint necessary. Questioning an arrested person about involvement in or knowledge of a crime must be preceded by Miranda warnings.

Arrest | Nolo's Free Dictionary of Law Terms and Legal Definitions

Old 09-23-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Arrest
Being detained by the police in a manner that, to any reasonable person, makes it clear he or she is not free to leave. A person can be "under arrest" even though the police have not announced it; nor are handcuffs or physical restraint necessary. Questioning an arrested person about involvement in or knowledge of a crime must be preceded by Miranda warnings.

Arrest | Nolo's Free Dictionary of Law Terms and Legal Definitions
Just stop already you look like a fool along with the other one. He was detained, questioned and let go. Did he get his Miranda rights read to him? I haven't heard he did, if not it was not an arrest. The articles out there are lying, they don't even know. Some say detained and in the same sentence say arrested. Others just say arrested, some even say he went to jail which he didn't.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:33 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,424,745 times
Quote:
The police can't cuff him and question him without his parents present.

Nothing they would gather from him could be used.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Just stop already you look like a fool along with the other one. He was detained, questioned and let go. Did he get his Miranda rights read to him? I haven't heard he did, if not it was not an arrest. The articles out there are lying, they don't even know. Some say detained and in the same sentence say arrested. Others just say arrested, some even say he went to jail which he didn't.
Your view is simply wrong. You do not get to define "arrest". And it would appear it was an arrest. Likely even more complex as it was in the school system as well opening up another set of laws and regulations.

It was a monumental screwup by those in authority no matter how you examine it.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The police can't cuff him and question him without his parents present.

Nothing they would gather from him could be used.
Wrong again, par for the course! Did you not read what I posted to you earlier? Of course not because you would have to admit you know not what you speak of. Parents do NOT need to be notified when detained and questioned. They can actually arrest him too without parents present but can NOT question him until they are. An arrest is AFTER Miranda rights are read. Did he have his Miranda rights read? He was detained, questioned and let go. Perfectly legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.