Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 04:08 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,105,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Where did this info come from? It didn't come from anyone involved especially knowing there would possibly soon be lawsuits filed.

He's a minor. No one involved outside of family would legally be able to divulge this information outside of a legal setting.
Not necessarily. It would depend on how detailed the PD was in the CFS and/or arrest report. His name might be redacted due to being a minor, but the details of everything else still in.
Anyone can get those by FOI open records requests.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,927,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Not necessarily. It would depend on how detailed the PD was in the CFS and/or arrest report. His name might be redacted due to being a minor, but the details of everything else still in.
You really believe that? Source? That stuff would be all over the place if available.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:14 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,586,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
In Texas the public can not access the records of juveniles.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:08 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,863,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Your own linked articles says: "The device initially tested negative for traces of explosives"... - and you call it an explosive device, because...? I ma going to go out on a limb and say that for something to qualify as an "explosive device", part of it should be capable of going boom.
So bringing an un-loaded gun to school would be OK with you. Since, ya know it can't go boom without the bullets.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:24 PM

27,943 posts, read 16,467,000 times
the clock kid thing was a set up .. no doubt about it

Old 09-22-2015, 07:38 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,586,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
So bringing an un-loaded gun to school would be OK with you. Since, ya know it can't go boom without the bullets.
It wasn't that long ago that many kids brought a gun to school. They belonged to the gun club. Now people wet their pants.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:25 PM

13,378 posts, read 22,051,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah, I disagree a bit here. As a nation we need people like this to not be afraid to tinker, build, and invent. Recognizing his curiosity and showing kids that America needs people like this - immigrants who are working their way to a career. . .is a promotional benefit.
We absolutely SHOULD encourage tinkering, building and inventing by the youth in this country! (Although, I'm not sure why it's any more important for immigrants than anyone else.)

There are LOTS of child prodigies actually designing and building electronic projects in this country, writing software, building robots and even medical devices. That's what makes this story so nauseating. Ahmed did none of this. It's a slap in the face to our true child innovators who are learning and applying technology, not taking something apart and saying you built it.

Maybe you've never worked in industry and see people climbing the corporate ladder by taking credit for other people's work. But I sure have. I'm certain this is how it starts.

"Cool clock, Ahmed". Yeah, right.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:59 PM

13,378 posts, read 22,051,222 times
BTW. Since it's now conclusively proven he lied about building a clock, why on earth would you believe his claims of racial discrimination?

There are two sides to every story, and one side has been proven a liar.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 PM

79,476 posts, read 61,642,775 times
Wow. After info has come out a lot of early posters have moved on and invoked the cloak of cognative dissonance.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:42 AM

998 posts, read 670,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow. After info has come out a lot of early posters have moved on and invoked the cloak of cognative dissonance.
Lesson one for leftists and other SJW moonbats. Never admit to being wrong. Ever. In fact now, they'll just double down on their idiocy. I should feel embarrassed for them, but they embarrass themselves constantly. I think they're immune to it at this point.

Little "Ahmed" was tinkering with the clock, they now say. "What's wrong with that??" These are people who obviously have no engineering or design experience, and can't see the obvious flaws in their thinking. Ahmed, as has been pointed out, did not "tinker" with anything. All he did was remove a clock from its case, place it in a different, worse case, and called it his clock "invention".

And as I said, anyone who would praise him for something so stupid obviously has no skill or intelligence with design, engineering, electronics, or good sense in general. So it's no wonder that our commentator-in-chief -- who lacks all the aforementioned skills -- praised him for his "cool clock!". Obama really has no skills at all, aside from being a "community organizer" (and judging by the state of Chicago crime statistics, he wasn't a very good one). So of course the man makes a knee jerk, stupid comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies