Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 03:14 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Another magic portal story...news known only to the right. Find a legitimate source and lets hear it...Cuban heard or Brietbart says won't work.
You keep saying this but Cuban actually SPOKE to the kid...something you insist on missing.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:28 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sorry all yesterdays news. This implied a suit had been filed rather than a lawyer rattling his sword.

Regurgitating old news adds no value.

So I guess we'll see if they sue or not.
Who do ya think will be right?

I think the whole thing was a setup for a suit.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
You keep saying this but Cuban actually SPOKE to the kid...something you insist on missing.

Cuban...

"All he had to do was engage with the teacher, and he didn't. That's the point that was missing," Cuban said. "It was wrong that he got arrested, but all that he had to do was talk to the teacher, but he didn't."

And there are other quotes from the show. Yes he talked to the kid but not about what was said to the teacher...that is Cuban's second or third hand stuff. He ascribes it to school people...whoever the hell that is.

He also describes the kid as a real science geek...which I flatly don't believe at least from what has been reported. I suspect Cuban is no science guy.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Cuban...

"All he had to do was engage with the teacher, and he didn't. That's the point that was missing," Cuban said. "It was wrong that he got arrested, but all that he had to do was talk to the teacher, but he didn't."
Two days after school detention and there is no lawsuit.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:33 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
He actually has very little local support from his Brother Muslims here in Irving

Irving PD Chief Boyd Meets with Islamic Leaders

Quote:
Leaders say that despite claims by critics that Mohamed was profiled, the Islamic Center of Irving is not critical of the way it was handled.

"I think the parents can speak for themselves,” said Khalid Hamideh with the Islamic Association of Irving. “We as I said in the other press conference do not point a finger at the teacher or the police department. There's enough stuff going on to make everybody fearful.”

Old 09-24-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
So I guess we'll see if they sue or not.
Who do ya think will be right?

I think the whole thing was a setup for a suit.

I would think they will sue though I do not see it as being as simple as all here seem to think.. That the kid was wronged is absolutely clear and will stick. But what damages did he sustain? You don't collect much for bruised feelings.

The school or its insurance company may well settle.. The obvious outcome feared would be some large jury verdict. I would however suspect that is not possible in Texas. Can you get it into Federal Court? Perhaps...but that may have to be the play.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He actually has very little local support from his Brother Muslims here in Irving

Irving PD Chief Boyd Meets with Islamic Leaders
I still have not heard of the chief coming down on whether or not the kid had the right to have a parent present. And that sure appears to be one where the Police and School were flat out wrong.

But if the Police think it was correct I would like to hear the rationale.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:54 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
The kids quote of the initial statement of the police officer also adds credence to the likelihood of ethnic roots to the affair.
There are two sides to every story and one has been proven a liar. Who are you going to believe?

As to the claim that the cop said, "oh, I figured it was him", it makes no sense. The kid's name was Ahmed Mohamed. The cop clearly wasn't expecting blond hair and blue eyes. Not to mention, the cop most likely had never seen the kid before. So how could he recognize him?

I'm left wing like you probably are, but free thinking. I look at ALL the facts, not just the ones that fit the version of the story I want to believe. Maybe you should try that.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
There are two sides to every story and one has been proven a liar. Who are you going to believe?

As to the claim that the cop said, "oh, I figured it was him", it makes no sense. The kid's name was Ahmed Mohamed. The cop clearly wasn't expecting blond hair and blue eyes. Not to mention, the cop most likely had never seen the kid before. So how could he recognize him?

I'm left wing like you probably are, but free thinking. I look at ALL the facts, not just the ones that fit the version of the story I want to believe. Maybe you should try that.
Sure it fits. As far as I know to date no lie has been attributed to the kid. But If you have one list it and cite a reasonable source. I would note the kid did a good job of holding to his truth in the face of a strong attempt to get him to agree it was a hoax.

The cop knew there was a Muslim maybe a couple. But had never met him. Is it in the reports that the cop knew who he was meeting with? Where is that cited? I would think the school guy knew who but I doubt there was any requirement to tell the cops. Maybe yes and maybe no.

But so far as I can tell the kid never lied...so why would he have lied about this one?

And I also see no particular reason why I want to believe any side of this story. I do not find the kids action worthy of an invitation to the White House. Nor do I see any rationale for the whole affair other than going after the kid who was suspect because he was Muslim. And I am particularly suspicious of the failure to summon a parent.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:23 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
You know how tell a right wing post? Just wait for the straw man. Who here is picking on CJ? Who here has saluted the accomplishment of Ahmed? I certainly have not...nor do I denigrate it. He needed to have his hair stroked and sent off to do something a little more interesting. Clocks are fun...I did one ten years ago.

Obviously - you don't know me despite being on these boards for many years - but again - do your fact check - my status - I'm democrat - now don't you feel foolish or should as you just demonstrated what I wrote above!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies