Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 11:33 AM

53,548 posts, read 35,263,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

The school and Police over reacted and the only thing that makes sense is that it was because the kid is a Muslim.
they wildly overreacted with the pop-tart kid and he wasn't muslim. what's your makes-sense rationale for that?

Old 09-22-2015, 11:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,735,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh boohoo..He should have been charged with something.
Why should he be charged for something? He did nothing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
He was arrested for making an object that resembled a bomb, thus creating a hoax. The picture of him in handcuffs was taken by his sister, when his father made the cops leave him in handcuffs so they could get the picture.
So the cops did put a 14 year old boy in handcuff without proving the kid guilty. The cops put him in the handcuff first. The parents didn't orchestrate the event by telling cops "please put handcuffs on my son so we can take really cool picture". That handcuff was the reality & they had no reason to put that on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you trying to make some case that a non-Muslim that brought a fake bomb to school would be treated differently? ?
Yes I do believe if it was a non-Muslim kid, he would have been treated differently. 1st- the teach would not have thought it was a fake bomb in the first place. 2nd- they would not have arrested the kid without proving it being real bomb or not. They would have left the kid in principle office waiting for the parents 3rd - they would have had cops verify if its real or fake bomb before blowing it out of proportion.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,484,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Why should he be charged for something? He did nothing wrong.

So the cops did put a 14 year old boy in handcuff without proving the kid guilty. The cops put him in the handcuff first. The parents didn't orchestrate the event by telling cops "please put handcuffs on my son so we can take really cool picture". That handcuff was the reality & they had no reason to put that on.

Yes I do believe if it was a non-Muslim kid, he would have been treated differently. 1st- the teach would not have thought it was a fake bomb in the first place. 2nd- they would not have arrested the kid without proving it being real bomb or not. They would have left the kid in principle office waiting for the parents 3rd - they would have had cops verify if its real or fake bomb before blowing it out of proportion.
They had every reason to do what they did, stop crying. Send your kid to school with a fake bomb and see what happens.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:58 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,094,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Of course they put him in handcuffs. He was being taken in for questioning, that's what the police do.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,445,245 times
Sounds like quite a bit of childish jealous rivalry going on here. I don't know the kid, but even if he is Muslim and doesn't become the next Einstein, I think his head is in a good place, rather than robbing old ladies or shooting up churches.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:03 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,450,638 times
Quote:
They had every reason to do what they did, stop crying. Send your kid to school with a fake bomb and see what happens.

God - every fricken Meme pretty much follows this pattern

1 - Someone does something stupid. In this situation it was the police. So your teacher is technology illterate and doesn't know a bomb from a clock. Teachers aren't paid to be smart. Yet police knew right away it was a clock and no bomb parts. They questioned the boy without the parents. They took him from school property without parents.

2 - Righteous indignation about how someone was treated. Did this happen because he was brown? Because he was Ahmed? or because the Police administration was technology illiterate Luddites who can't tell a clock from a bomb. who knows

3 - Then another group has to find something wrong with the first group. OH he didn't build it from scratch. Oh - oh - he did it on purpose in a complicated conspiracy to get a Surface Pro - I don't know why I must attack this story - I just need to do it

Seriously people - the person who should be castrated here was the police taking a kid in handcuffs after they determined the kid was telling the truth. The police in this situation questioned a kid without parents present (another law violation).

People giving this guy a trip to Facebook because he won the Meme lottery of the week. . . wtf. who cares.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Sounds like quite a bit of childish jealous rivalry going on here. I don't know the kid, but even if he is Muslim and doesn't become the next Einstein, I think his head is in a good place, rather than robbing old ladies or shooting up churches.
lmao..A good place? This was a setup from his activist dad. More trouble will come forth from this family for sure. Check yourself if you don't see this.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
God - every fricken Meme pretty much follows this pattern

1 - Someone does something stupid. In this situation it was the police. So your teacher is technology illterate and doesn't know a bomb from a clock. Teachers aren't paid to be smart. Yet police knew right away it was a clock and no bomb parts. They questioned the boy without the parents. They took him from school property without parents.

2 - Righteous indignation about how someone was treated. Did this happen because he was brown? Because he was Ahmed? or because the Police administration was technology illiterate Luddites who can't tell a clock from a bomb. who knows

3 - Then another group has to find something wrong with the first group. OH he didn't build it from scratch. Oh - oh - he did it on purpose in a complicated conspiracy to get a Surface Pro - I don't know why I must attack this story - I just need to do it

Seriously people - the person who should be castrated here was the police taking a kid in handcuffs after they determined the kid was telling the truth. The police in this situation questioned a kid without parents present (another law violation).

People giving this guy a trip to Facebook because he won the Meme lottery of the week. . . wtf. who cares.
The ridiculous meme is coming from the sleazy Left..Cough, cough...There is a damn law in Texas about bringing things that look like hoax bombs into public places. They had every damn lawful right to handcuff the kid and ask questions. They even had a right to charge him under that law but they didn't. The kid is a rabble rouser like his father. They will make more trouble in the future, mark my words.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:19 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,450,638 times
Quote:
The ridiculous meme is coming from the sleazy Left
- not that i've seen. This blue up as a meme on youtube/facebook past around . . .and then picked up by media. It wasn't "orchestrated" if that is what you are saying. Come on with the tin foil hats. . seriously.

I was one of those who forwarded it on facebook. Mostly because it was some kid, playing with a radio shack 80s clock, and gets handcuffed. It was insane.

Quote:
There is a damn law in Texas about bringing things that look like hoax bombs into public places.
Could be - but a clock isn't a hoax bomb. he showed it to his engineering teacher first. . .as a clock. He told everyone it was a clock. I mean seriously - anyone with an apple watch can be grabbed by the Texas police for a Hoax bomb "Gang dab that future technology - must be a terror bomb like device I saw on minority report"

Quote:
They had every damn lawful right to handcuff the kid and ask questions.

Yeah wrong - Texas law notes that
Quote:
If police, including officers on the street and school police officers, begin questioning a child and the child requests that she be allowed to call a parent or have a parent present, the police should stop and allow her to do so.

Quote:
They even had a right to charge him under that law but they didn't.
Look, the police can walk into your house right now. find a clock. Tell you its a hoax bomb that you were planning to take to a public place. And charge you. They can charge you for planning to shoot the president too. They can charge you with anything

its winning the case that matters.

Quote:
The kid is a rabble rouser like his father. They will make more trouble in the future, mark my words.
Seriously? Immigrant and employed since the 1980s. . .and runs some liberal sect of mystic islam. Quite the ISIS in training dude.

I'll take that bet. The only thing we will see from this guy, if we hear from him again, is his internship at Twitter while he goes to MIT

Old 09-22-2015, 12:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,893,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you trying to make some case that a non-Muslim that brought a fake bomb to school would be treated differently? I agree with that premise-most likely the ATF and DHS would be involve and the kid would be labeled a domestic terrorist and locked up in federal prison. Remember...a younger (7 year old IIRC) kid that chewed a Pop-Tart into the general shape of a handgun was suspended, if not expelled. NOW THAT ONE IS BEYOND reason. Even a public school teacher should be able to tell the difference between a breakfast pastry and a gun. So is it any wonder why a faux bomb draws attention?
It was not a fake bomb. That is the problem. The police tried to make it into one and failed. The fact that he took it to a knowledgeable teacher first makes the fake bomb theory unworkable.

Why keep dragging up the pop tart gun? Not relevant. And that kid was suspended over a whole set of behaviors. And why cite it unless you are trying to build a case for idiot behavior by schools?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies