Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 12:43 PM

63,531 posts, read 29,609,526 times

Advertisements

Neither the House nor the Senate would fund the wall after it was approved and passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 12:48 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,966,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Neither the House nor the Senate would fund the wall after it was approved and passed.
Yes, it was passed and funded, but the authorization was only for 700 miles of fence, which has been completed. The new bill would authorize the rest, plus double / triple fence at the hot spots.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,556,902 times
This ex border agent tells you what's really going on at the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnkSXosZhic#t=797

Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,908,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
This ex border agent tells you what's really going on at the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnkSXosZhic#t=797
He is a plant. Obvious.

No one who knows anything about the subject would bring up Ebola. He brings up Ebola.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:31 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,983,827 times
Ivoc, this guy is the former Chair of the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers. If you do a Google search, you will see the letter he wrote on NAFBPO letterhead to the Gang of 8 as to why their proposed legislature is bad for America in May, 2013 when he was the Chair.

Actually, I looked for it and found it for you. I'm not sure this link will work, but here's the letter:

http://commonsensepostdotcom.files.w...bpo-letter.pdf

You are wrong in your position, but I don't even care because what is most important is that every citizen finally sees and understands what is going on. The children coming over are a small percentage of the people coming over. It is more important to me that you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
He is a plant. Obvious.

No one who knows anything about the subject would bring up Ebola. He brings up Ebola.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Ivoc, this guy is the former Chair of the National Association of Former Border Patrol Officers. If you do a Google search, you will see the letter he wrote on NAFBPO letterhead to the Gang of 8 as to why their proposed legislature is bad for America in May, 2013 when he was the Chair.

Actually, I looked for it and found it for you. I'm not sure this link will work, but here's the letter:

http://commonsensepostdotcom.files.w...bpo-letter.pdf

You are wrong in your position, but I don't even care because what is most important is that every citizen finally sees and understands what is going on. The children coming over are a small percentage of the people coming over. It is more important to me that you understand.
So he speaks for both members of that organization. How about you and I get togehter and form the National Association of Non Border Patrol Officers? You can be Chairman and I will be Vice Chairman. We will teach those people.

The nature of Ebola is well known. It is not an immigrant issue. When someone brings it up it indicates they lie...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,983,827 times
Ivoc, you are missing his point about Ebola. Shaking my head at the rest of your post. I'm just going to ask you to stop the partisan politics and really look at what is going on. Hint: it is more than minor children coming across the border.

Quote:
So he speaks for both members of that organization. How about you and I get togehter and form the National Association of Non Border Patrol Officers? You can be Chairman and I will be Vice Chairman. We will teach those people.

The nature of Ebola is well known. It is not an immigrant issue. When someone brings it up it indicates they lie...

Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Ivoc, you are missing his point about Ebola. Shaking my head at the rest of your post. I'm just going to ask you to stop the partisan politics and really look at what is going on. Hint: it is more than minor children coming across the border.
There are all sorts of things wrong about illegal immigration into the US. They do not have much to do with public health.

As you raise those issues you destroy your credibility. We accept vast numbers of people from places much more dangerous and disease prone than Central America every day at Boston and New York and Chicago and Los Angeles.

My position is that there are lots of good reasons for opposing illegal immigration. Try them. We don't need people with phoney reasons.

And a good portion of the kids may get to stay as they have a good case for asylum. Ain't that a *****.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:02 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,556,902 times
Quote:
He is a plant. Obvious.

In case you hadn't read the news for the past 6 months. There is a huge outbreak of Ebola in West Africa that has not been contained.

Uganda alert after Ebola reports in DRC

WHO can't fully deal with Ebola outbreak, health official warns - LA Times

Old 07-22-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
In case you hadn't read the news for the past 6 months. There is a huge outbreak of Ebola in West Africa that has not been contained.

Uganda alert after Ebola reports in DRC

WHO can't fully deal with Ebola outbreak, health official warns - LA Times
and if we had a few hundred thousand immigrants from Uganda it would certainly be a problem.

But no it is not easily contagious and requires pretty much intimate contact with a carrier. You of the opinion that intimate contanct with a few thousand Ugandans is likelly on the southern border?

I would think it much more likely at JFK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies