Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2014, 08:16 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,585,101 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is, the same leftists screaming about global warming are also in favor of drastically increasing the population in America.

Which means they don't really believe their own AGW propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 08:39 PM

9,317 posts, read 18,814,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
All you can do now is protect yourself.
You are not permitted to protect yourself anymore. You will be prosecuted and thrown in jail if you do.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,904,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The funny thing is, the same leftists screaming about global warming are also in favor of drastically increasing the population in America.

Which means they don't really believe their own AGW propaganda.
And yet another right wing straw man. Don't you guys ever tire of that?

Exactly who that is screaming about global warming is in favor of drastically increasing the population in America.

First of all the illegals I am aware of are "Americans". And I am unaware of anyone pushing open borders.

What I, and I expect others, would like to do is to regularize the situation to a point where we could actually hope to control it.

The right appears to want to bellow loudly while doing nothing. That will simply increase the illegal population.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,786,729 times
san yesidro has done the right thing --the fence. it created mega problems for our neighbors to the east.
BP has done an illegal end run around the fence, busing the kids to CA. CA is right in defending itself from the invasion.
illegal immigrant supporters have cried foul for the protesting. but the truth is, the kids are not being held in detention at all but being released on the streets of CA with a slip of paper to appear for a court appt they will never attend.
when the law breaks the law there is no law
billy jack 1972

Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,770,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

First of all the illegals I am aware of are "Americans". And I am unaware of anyone pushing open borders.

What I, and I expect others, would like to do is to regularize the situation to a point where we could actually hope to control it.

The right appears to want to bellow loudly while doing nothing. That will simply increase the illegal population.

What am I missing...the illegals..are 'Americans'?? How is that, please explain, especially in light of your last comment about "simply increase the illegal population." Is there such a group called "illegal Americans"?

While we may not see anyone actually pushing for open borders, opening them wide and leaving them unattended for some 45-50 miles inland has the same effect.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:01 PM

63,521 posts, read 29,586,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

What am I missing...the illegals..are 'Americans'?? How is that, please explain, especially in light of your last comment about "simply increase the illegal population." Is there such a group called "illegal Americans"?

While we may not see anyone actually pushing for open borders, opening them wide and leaving them unattended for some 45-50 miles inland has the same effect.
His idea of fixing the problem is to make millions of them legal. How does that solve the problem and prevent more future illegal immigration? What he is saying is by changing their status from illegal to legal it means we would have less illegal aliens because we would have to call them legal instead and thereby reduce the count of illegals numerically. WTH?

Old 08-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

The illegals virtually all come from central and north America. That makes them "Americans". They are in fact "Illegal Americans".

The Border Patrol for a very long time has operated large operations remote to the border. If you spent a little time in southern AZ it becomes obvious why. There are hundreds of miles of border with virtually no sustained activity. You get a hit in a given area every other month or more. It would thus not make much sense to have agents there sitting on their hands with an enforcement opportunity every second or third month. So the BP mans choke points inland where the illegals have to pass.

And note that the smugglers are very good at tracking where mobile BP personnel are located. They effectively wait until a border segment is clear of nearby BP and then make entry. If the line was thin and only at the border this would work a very large part of the time. YOu could of course man the border heavily enough that there are no gaps but that would probably require increasing the BP size 4X or 5X. And it would be the world's most boring job.

The situation on the Rio in TX is something new. The BP is really not set up to deal with volunteer catches. The are expecting people to avoid detection and custody...which is the opposite of what is happening now. And the BP was caught in a bind as they basically have no quick way to deal with OTM who give themselves up in volume.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
His idea of fixing the problem is to make millions of them legal. How does that solve the problem and prevent more future illegal immigration? What he is saying is by changing their status from illegal to legal it means we would have less illegal aliens because we would have to call them legal instead and thereby reduce the count of illegals numerically. WTH?
It is actually what Australia teaches. If you get the size of the illegal population down to 0.2 or 0.3% of the population you can in fact rigorously enforce immigration laws. If it gets a good bit bigger than that it becomes close to impossible. Our illegal population is an order of magnitude too big and, as you would expect, we cannot control it with the available resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies