Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM

89,896 posts, read 45,640,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
when in fact, anyone in the south trys to uphold the law, and keep out the illegal immigrants, they get sued by the federal government?
THAT'S the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:11 AM

29,093 posts, read 30,594,056 times
[quote=creepy;35703755]
Quote:
we were in trouble before this Administration took over....Bush did nothing about this either, and neither did presidents before him....yes, it certainly has escalated, but seriously, I cannot believe all the people in the U.S. are not getting wise to all this bashing of Obama by the GOP's when they are doing any better of a job....and Cruz, who I was ready to endorse, joked about it twice, that really pissed me off, so I slammed him...and told him what I thought....

This government has become a greedy joke, all those representatives, get paid better then our very own Veterns, get better benefits then most....and they are doing nothing but nothing about this, and have been lying to the American public right along with the media....."

You make some interesting connections and know some history and that is good. I have to agree with this part.

"an education....he said it was so easy to just slip in....
He was a nice young man
but all those coming in are not so nice....and you won't believe it, until they are living next door to you and they break in your home, sell your kids drugs, and go after your female children and sell them to child prostition somewhere in another country....
We've all done this to ourselves, and it's only going to get worse.
Again and again I say, the terrorists are here

they to slipped thru, and will once again, kill as many Americans as they can."

This part above though-"dang" I don't know what to say or think about it. I wonder how you can know this? Please point me to where this theory is so I can read it myself. Frankly it sounds like hysterical ranting. What have you read? Send links.

btw my Grandma was almost sold into white slavery-int. side note
About the terrorists....years ago, after 911 there were many reports on this about how the terrorists were coming in right thru the boarders....

how do you think those that flew the airplanes into those buildings got here and they even took flying lessons here....but hey, people don't want to believe this...
I had a friend whose son worked with homeland security, and he quit b/c of what had been going on. She told me terrorist had camps right here in America, in areas not inhabited, like way deep in our forests, etc.

Illegal Russians are slipping thru, illegal everyone is slipping thru from other countries, do you honestly believe it's only Latinos? My Gosh, how about the boat people coming to Florida? For years now, and if they can get here, anyone else can get here, My gosh, we are no safer then before, and I've been saying this since 911 happened.

We've got all kinds of other countries owning our banks our ports, etc.
But I honestly do not believe that most Americans even know that?
We are so misinformed it is pathetic....

There are people marching right now in many cities regarding illegal immigration, but you don't hear about that, but illegals are allowed to have parades in our streets and every company in America hires them?

You go into any Restaurant, high end, or not, and go back in the kitchens and see who is working there, all illegals....and I myself, 18 years ago (to give you an idea of how long this has been going on) saw my boss at a diner that I was working at part time, handing them money under the table....they've been doing this for years, and yet, people will say, ahhh your crazy, this isn't going on, well, it is and has been.

I had a southern Texas man tell me, that all the souther cities are so overrun with illegals, they've taken over the cities....

My aunt lived in Calif. many years ago, and she told me how many different gangs were there, now she was in her 90's but a very young 90, and said her and her girlfriends did not go out at night.
But someone chimed in and said, that wasn't true....

You cannot convince people that all this is going on, they are in denial, they don't want to believe it, until it hits them square in the face.

We are only told what "they want us to know" and no more. Do you even begin to realize how dangerous the media can be? I mean they can create all kinds of false news....who do you believe?

Why do you think so many people are moving to Alaska/Canada they are sick of it!!!! And I don't blame them, wanting to get away from it all...

Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,552,604 times
Default the point made in the article is true

“This isn’t a Democrat issue or a Republican issue, this is an American issue,†he said, stressing that there must be a bipartisan solution.

Well that is true or it should be. We have to come up with a plan together. But it can't be one made for us by others who hand feed us the issues.

If I was not so lazy and busy I could read a lot of books on it and create documents and study the history and take notes. Come up plans and things I agreed with and then forward it to others. Better than just making a decision from watching the news....or reading others posts who agree with me. How many people that agree with you are actually someone you would not want to know in real life? Many people are acting like they are the same as you but what are they really behind it all?

Why would someone conservative want to convince you they are a good conservative too and you should have the same thoughts on immigration? You could ask the same thing of a Dem. I am suspicious. I would look at the issue from all sides, international even if I was inclined, but I am not.

How many of you even live in a border state? I live in Texas. If you don't and someone is lighting a match under your butt ask why....

Old 07-18-2014, 09:21 AM

29,093 posts, read 30,594,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
“This isn’t a Democrat issue or a Republican issue, this is an American issue,†he said, stressing that there must be a bipartisan solution.

Well that is true or it should be. We have to come up with a plan together. But it can't be one made for us by others who hand feed us the issues.

If I was not so lazy and busy I could read a lot of books on it and create documents and study the history and take notes. Come up plans and things I agreed with and then forward it to others. Better than just making a decision from watching the news....or reading others posts who agree with me. How many people that agree with you are actually someone you would not want to know in real life? Many people are acting like they are the same as you but what are they really behind it all?

Why would someone conservative want to convince you they are a good conservative too and you should have the same thoughts on immigration? You could ask the same thing of a Dem. I am suspicious. I would look at the issue from all sides, international even if I was inclined, but I am not.

How many of you even live in a border state? I live in Texas. If you don't and someone is lighting a match under your butt ask why....
Oh God, I've been saying that in this forum for years and so have others, but we are all told we're crazy...

Quote:

I am not a Republican any longer, especially what i saw them do to Cane/Kane? however, I am conservative, and have believed for years now that we are being taken for a ride...what is the easiest way to take a people over...keep them out of work, keep them hungry...and they will believe anything!

Old 07-18-2014, 09:30 AM

8,014 posts, read 5,933,223 times
Even the Washington Post is catching on to the fact that Americans no longer support a path to citizenship. This 'border crisis' is going to get ugly for a certain dolt in the White House.

Americans are abandoning their support for a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants - The Washington Post

A record number of unaccompanied minors have been apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border so far this year, and that's likely shifting the country's opinion about immigration policy.

The majority of Americans now want the government to speed up the process by which it decides whether or not to deport undocumented workers in the country—even if it means deporting some people who would otherwise qualify for asylum, according to a new survey by the Pew Research Center.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 AM

12,638 posts, read 9,035,431 times
We need a sticky about Limbaugh, food stamps or gay marriage so the liberals can post again.

They must feel left out with all these stickies highlighting the failure of the people they support.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,348,217 times
Guatemala May Target ‘Coyotes’ to Address Child Migrant Crisis | Costa Rica News

Guatemala May Target ‘Coyotes’ to Address Child Migrant Crisis

Guatemala’s congressional Justice and Security Committee is in the process of analyzing reforms to the country’s Migration Law that would punish human smugglers with up to 12 years in prison, reported Republica.

The initiative would also give law enforcement bodies the power to record phone conversations and employ undercover agents in pursuit of human smuggling networks, reported Siglo 21.

A congressman cited by Siglo 21 said legislators also intend to reform other laws, including the Penal Code, to make human smuggling punishable by up to 25 years in prison if the case involves other illegal activities such as drug trafficking or kidnapping.

The president of Guatemala’s Migrant Commission stated that the reforms are a response to recommendations from the United Nations and the International Commission Against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG), but that lawmakers are speeding up the process due to the highly publicized flood of child migrants attempting to cross the US bord

Old 07-18-2014, 10:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,799,697 times
Quote:
Southward bound, this is huge!!!
I cannot thank you enough, and this proves, how misinformed we all are....none of us knew this,,did we....? Our only weapon is to start informing ourselves, can you imagine how naieve we'd be in this day and age without the internet....

Where is Hannity now? How bout O'Reily, how Bout Cruz....they all have got to know this?

and if they don't what the heck are we paying them for, our governement, is nothing but a law breaking bunch of thieves....and they have been lying to us for years....and years...to gain control
there is nothing more dangerous then a government who has control like we've given to them....

and like Southward Bound says, when in fact, anyone in the south trys to uphold the law, and keep out the illegal immigrants, they get sued by the federal government?

People wake up please
Thanks. Good to know *somebody* is reading, following and thinking. Our "government by the people" has shifted to 'government by the establishment'...a bunch of cozy politicians protecting their own turf at OUR expense. I'm hoping enough people wake up and get concerned to (1) GO to vote and (2) vote out the "establishment". Usually, this refers to incumbents, but watch out for the up-and-coming climbing newcomers too. We should keep track of how they vote on issues (which reveals where they really stand).

Quote:
one thing which complicates the discussion...

Is I notice the terms immigration reform and immigration amnesty are being used interchangeably.

So if someone wants to make changes and calls for immigration reform it is automatically assumed they are for amnesty and bashed.

We have to agree on the terms or we are all bunch of fools not able to speak/decide/make changes.

I notice if someone says "we have to have immigration reform" the conservatives bash them often.

But isn't that what conservatives want " immigration reform "? They/you all don't want it to stay the same? Then take the term back to mean what is is, an unknown till the details are mentioned. Intelligent discussion helps us all.
I believe the amnesty issue needs to be settled separately from immigration reform. We can reform our immigration laws, but that still leaves us with millions of illegals. That's why Republicans insist on border control before they agree on some form of amnesty.

[quote=cremebrulee;35703909]
Quote:

About the terrorists....years ago, after 911 there were many reports on this about how the terrorists were coming in right thru the boarders....

how do you think those that flew the airplanes into those buildings got here and they even took flying lessons here....but hey, people don't want to believe this...
I had a friend whose son worked with homeland security, and he quit b/c of what had been going on. She told me terrorist had camps right here in America, in areas not inhabited, like way deep in our forests, etc.

Illegal Russians are slipping thru, illegal everyone is slipping thru from other countries, do you honestly believe it's only Latinos? My Gosh, how about the boat people coming to Florida? For years now, and if they can get here, anyone else can get here, My gosh, we are no safer then before, and I've been saying this since 911 happened.

We've got all kinds of other countries owning our banks our ports, etc.
But I honestly do not believe that most Americans even know that?
We are so misinformed it is pathetic....

There are people marching right now in many cities regarding illegal immigration, but you don't hear about that, but illegals are allowed to have parades in our streets and every company in America hires them?

You go into any Restaurant, high end, or not, and go back in the kitchens and see who is working there, all illegals....and I myself, 18 years ago (to give you an idea of how long this has been going on) saw my boss at a diner that I was working at part time, handing them money under the table....they've been doing this for years, and yet, people will say, ahhh your crazy, this isn't going on, well, it is and has been.

I had a southern Texas man tell me, that all the souther cities are so overrun with illegals, they've taken over the cities....

My aunt lived in Calif. many years ago, and she told me how many different gangs were there, now she was in her 90's but a very young 90, and said her and her girlfriends did not go out at night.
But someone chimed in and said, that wasn't true....

You cannot convince people that all this is going on, they are in denial, they don't want to believe it, until it hits them square in the face.

We are only told what "they want us to know" and no more. Do you even begin to realize how dangerous the media can be? I mean they can create all kinds of false news....who do you believe?

Why do you think so many people are moving to Alaska/Canada they are sick of it!!!! And I don't blame them, wanting to get away from it all...
Canada's better in some respects, no different in others. America is still the best country in the world.
That's why everyone is trying to get IN here.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,355,289 times
Quote:
one thing which complicates the discussion...

Is I notice the terms immigration reform and immigration amnesty are being used interchangeably.

So if someone wants to make changes and calls for immigration reform it is automatically assumed they are for amnesty and bashed.

We have to agree on the terms or we are all bunch of fools not able to speak/decide/make changes.

I notice if someone says "we have to have immigration reform" the conservatives bash them often.

But isn't that what conservatives want " immigration reform "? They/you all don't want it to stay the same? Then take the term back to mean what is is, an unknown till the details are mentioned. Intelligent discussion helps us all.
Define reform. I am all for reform. Reform that streamlines a redundant system. A system that evaluates the needs of this country and drives what immigrants we allow in. I am all for reform that dictates raising our standards. I am for reform that strictly enforces our immigration laws.
Reform should have nothing to do with rewarding illegals for violating our immigration and employment laws. That isn't reform That is an amnesty. The reason so many call reform amnesty is because that is exactly what is currently being attempted. s.744 absolutely gives a free pass to criminals. A legal faces deportation for document fraud, tax fraud or evasion. Get a DWI and a legal immigrant faces deportation. Get caught driving without a license. What would happen to you a citizen if you admit to document fraud? What about don't pay your taxes for 10 years? Use a false SSN?
All legal immigrant had to apply for a VISA in the nation of origin and wait to be granted permission to enter. Why does s.744 not require the same of illegals?
s.744 delays mandatory E-verify for 5 years and only for future employees. In other words any employer currently employing an illegal gets a free pass. Is that reform or is it an amnesty?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 85,002,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Even the Washington Post is catching on to the fact that Americans no longer support a path to citizenship. This 'border crisis' is going to get ugly for a certain dolt in the White House.

Americans are abandoning their support for a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants - The Washington Post

A record number of unaccompanied minors have been apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border so far this year, and that's likely shifting the country's opinion about immigration policy.

The majority of Americans now want the government to speed up the process by which it decides whether or not to deport undocumented workers in the country—even if it means deporting some people who would otherwise qualify for asylum, according to a new survey by the Pew Research Center.
That is only because it is now just hitting mainstream news.
The "surge" has been ongoing for a few years.
What we have now is the result of doing nothing when this started back in 2011.

This administration was in no way blinded.
Border Patrol reports and HHS reports indicate otherwise.

Here's one such report that goes back to 2011..right before "stealth amnesty" got EO'd.
These illegal minors have their own HHS chart people.

http://www.hhs.gov/budget/fy2015-hhs...disc-chart.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies