Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It is just odd all these poor illegal children are flowing now. Where were they back when congress passed the law? I guess you don't care. Hey it makes the news though.
It's not odd. The law was created, because there were children already back then. It is not new. Don't buy into all the media hype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama campaigned on his "path to citizenship".

The rise started in 2009. If anything this 2008 Bush law, which is really amending a previous law, is being used by the administration to allow them to stay.
So, you do not want them to enforce it?

Funny some complain the govt is not enforcing the law, and some say they enforce it too much.

How about ask the Congress to amend, or abolish that law, and pass the one which authorizes money to build a fence, and boost border patrol?

Would that make sense?

Old 07-22-2014, 10:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you do not want them to enforce it?

Funny some complain the govt is not enforcing the law, and some say they enforce it too much.

How about ask the Congress to amend, or abolish that law, and pass the one which authorizes money to build a fence, and boost border patrol?

Would that make sense?
Enforce what ?

2 year deferred deportation that just got extended 2 more years ?

The Fed is not enforcing the law.
Obama has shown that he is pro amnesty and pro letting the illegals stay in this country.
The Dems are falling lock step in line with him.

Pelosi wants the law to apply to Mexicans.
Gutierrez is telling LaRaza that Obama assured him of amnesty for "his people".
Biden tells us the border is secure and we don't need to worry.
E-verify has not been mandated by employers.
The "stiff" penalties consist of fines that are cheaper than labor costs.

And here you are posting that "I" don't want them to enforce deportation...ROFLMAO.

I'm here in Texas, ground zero for these "immigrants" and there are places I cannot shop and schools I cannot teach in anymore because I don't speak Spanish. And it's not like south Florida with bilingual requirements (I lived there for over 10 years).

You don't have third world people coming from South America into Florida.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:20 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,880,648 times
The delay game is infinite.

We live in an era of infinite delay, a protestant work ethic, supreme.

Non work ethic, that is!

Old 07-22-2014, 10:23 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Enforce what ?

2 year deferred deportation that just got extended 2 more years ?

The Fed is not enforcing the law.
Obama has shown that he is pro amnesty and pro letting the illegals stay in this country.
The Dems are falling lock step in line with him.

Pelosi wants the law to apply to Mexicans.
Gutierrez is telling LaRaza that Obama assured him of amnesty for "his people".
Biden tells us the border is secure and we don't need to worry.
E-verify has not been mandated by employers.
The "stiff" penalties consist of fines that are cheaper than labor costs.

And here you are posting that "I" don't want them to enforce deportation...ROFLMAO.

I'm here in Texas, ground zero for these "immigrants" and there are places I cannot shop and schools I cannot teach in anymore because I don't speak Spanish. And it's not like south Florida with bilingual requirements (I lived there for over 10 years).

You don't have third world people coming from South America into Florida.
I feel so bad for America...Pelosi and the rest of them are so stupid....I really dislike her....

Old 07-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The delay game is infinite.

We live in an era of infinite delay, a protestant work ethic, supreme.

Non work ethic, that is!
And I believe the delay is on purpose.

Rather than come out and just admit they are pro open borders they will talk the talk and then do nothing and blame each other.

A recent example is modifying that 2008 law.
Obama said his hands were tied because of that law.
Talk of modifying the law started.
And then it was "let's not act too hasty" and "What about the children" and then "We won't support changing the law".

Pelosi did a complete 360 on that law in less than 2 weeks.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Enforce what ?
The law we were talking about. The "W" law which mandates the government to perform a very long and complicated list of requirements before they can deport minors.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The law we were talking about. The "W" law which mandates the government to perform a very long and complicated list of requirements before they can deport minors.
The backlog of hearings was already at 350,000 with years before appearing before a judge.
Didn't seem to be a problem to anyone that people got permisos and disappeared into America.
90% of them don't show up.

Now it's a problem ?

I'm laughing at the thought that this all started in June 2014 based on a law that is 6 years old.
It was only June when they decided to hold them rather than set them loose in the US.

I've got plenty of postings in the Illegal sub forum about what the USG has NOT been doing for years.

Today's headlines tell us the surge is over. The CBO says only $25 million will be spent this year out of that emergency request from the WH.

So this "crisis" is no longer a crisis and people can go back to ignoring it.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So this "crisis" is no longer a crisis and people can go back to ignoring it.
I believe my original point was that people here scream "CRISIS" (), just because someone out there wants them to scream it. You are being played.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Well gee it's been in affect for 6 years with no problems.
Maybe Obama should have considered that before deferring deportations.
Maybe he should have looked at those alarming increase in illegals before he just extended that another 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies