Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM

577 posts, read 438,107 times

Advertisements

Wow.. just wow.. well we can tell who the bigots are on these boards.. that it's "okay" to discriminate and is actually what we're supposed to do...

What would Jesus think? LOL. funny. .this is a thread about religion.. and yet Christians actually believe Jesus would be okay with that kind of attitude....

Pathetic.. if I don't life.. I'll cry for these narrow minded individuals...

Old 01-30-2014, 02:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,395,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
Wow.. just wow.. well we can tell who the bigots are on these boards.. that it's "okay" to discriminate and is actually what we're supposed to do...

What would Jesus think? LOL. funny. .this is a thread about religion.. and yet Christians actually believe Jesus would be okay with that kind of attitude....

Pathetic.. if I don't life.. I'll cry for these narrow minded individuals...
Do you know what Jesus actually taught, or are you guessing, like most liberals who bash the Faith do? Based on your comments, I suspect you have no idea what Jesus taught.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,824,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you know what Jesus actually taught, or are you guessing, like most liberals who bash the Faith do? Based on your comments, I suspect you have no idea what Jesus taught.
There you go again assuming anyone who doesn't side with your particular beliefs must be an atheist. Most liberals are Christian. Fundamentalism is not a historic Christian viewpoint. It was invented in the 19th/20th Century.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He was speaking in the context of divorce to a group of heterosexuals. His statement does not rule out same-sex marriage.
What??? Are you serious?

Since the teachings of scripture clearly state homosexuality to be sin, I seriously doubt Jesus would have embraced same sex "marriage."

Old 01-30-2014, 02:34 PM

577 posts, read 438,107 times
Quote:

I know what Jesus taught.. I was raised a Lutheran..

Indeed, I have problems with "religion" and the bible because it was a book written by man supposedly THE word from GOD.

I don't believe in a god of wrath, hate, anger or fear. THose are negative human emotions.. god is all perfect being and only positive perfect things apply.

God also created ALL people in his image.. that includes the gay man and women, EVERYONE. He makes no mistakes.

I believe that everyone is important and no one, regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation should be discriminated against or treated any differently, but treated with respect.

YOu throw around the word liberal, like its a dirty word. HOwever, I wear it proudly. And the fact that peopole on here are advocating that its okay to discriminate is disgraceful and shameful.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,824,817 times
Quote:
What??? Are you serious?

Since the teachings of scripture clearly state homosexuality to be sin, I seriously doubt Jesus would have embraced same sex "marriage."
I'm quite serious. Again proving my point, thinking anyone who doesn't side with you must be non-religious. The view that homosexuality is wrong is weakly supported and based on basically 4 cherry picked verses. You ignore the majority of the laws in the Torah, yet you cite that as an argument against gays. That's called hypocrisy. If Paul is condemning homosexuality, by his own arguments, you yourself must be gay and will be judged.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Cash is GOD!
I can be bought off!
Believe me, you will pay the price or I don't do the work and you can go elsewhere.. The key words are "go elsewhere"

I may serve the public in my business, but it is always the public I want to serve, unless you're willing to spend 4-10 times as much had you just called someone else.

If I get a funny feeling during a bid estimate, I tack on the "instant ass hole fee" so they go be someone elses headache, because my bid is too damn high.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalehtor View Post
A wedding-cake baker whose religious conscience becomes hyperactive when it comes to gay couples most likely will have no objections to a divorced person remarrying, despite the fact that if the divorce happened because of anything but "fornication," the baker is abetting adultery.
The baker, as I've pointed out in another post in this thread, makes a CUSTOM PRODUCT. He was not refusing to sell a mass produced, "off the shelf" product available for anyone, but he was asked to make a CUSTOM CAKE for this particular party. This amounts to a contract where there is an offer of service, with a corresoponding acceptance of that offer. The baker has no obligation to make that offer to anyone. No offer made, no cake. He cannot be forced into making a contract with another party if he chooses not to.

I used to be in the ceramic tile business, as a self employed contractor. I turned work down on occassion for various reasons. I did not offer to do the job after visiting the home and seeing the job site. It was my choice. There is no law that says I have to do any job that comes along. That would be "involuntary servitude" (Amendment XIII of the U.S. Constitution).

The baker would be forced not only into involuntary servitude, if he were forced to produce this CUSTOM PRODUCT, he would also be forced into violating his religious convictions by dignifying what he believes is a perversion and corruption of the sacred right of Holy Matrimony, and making a mockery of God.

No law should be allowed to stand that would force a person to violate their religion in this way.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:19 PM

804 posts, read 621,848 times
Excellent point. Should the Jewish baker be forced to make a custom cake for Hitlers birthday?
Should a black baker be forced to make a custom cake praising KKK anniversary?

Quote:
The baker, as I've pointed out in another post in this thread, makes a CUSTOM PRODUCT. He was not refusing to sell a mass produced, "off the shelf" product available for anyone, but he was asked to make a CUSTOM CAKE for this particular party. This amounts to a contract where there is an offer of service, with a corresoponding acceptance of that offer. The baker has no obligation to make that offer to anyone. No offer made, no cake. He cannot be forced into making a contract with another party if he chooses not to.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,287,366 times
Quote:

I used to be in the ceramic tile business, as a self employed contractor. I turned work down on occassion for various reasons. I did not offer to do the job after visiting the home and seeing the job site. It was my choice. There is no law that says I have to do any job that comes along. That would be "involuntary servitude" (Amendment XIII of the U.S. Constitution).

The baker would be forced not only into involuntary servitude, if he were forced to produce this CUSTOM PRODUCT, he would also be forced into violating his religious convictions by dignifying what he believes is a perversion and corruption of the sacred right of Holy Matrimony, and making a mockery of God.

No law should be allowed to stand that would force a person to violate their religion in this way.
IF the "custom product" theory was so great, why hasn't it been used in any of the cases that have been to trial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies