Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:41 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,192,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Black youth unemployment rate is about 45%. We just need more Illegals crossing the border.
The black unemployment rate has always been high. Even before some started screaming about immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 AM

26,821 posts, read 15,369,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The black unemployment rate has always been high. Even before some started screaming about immigration.
Black youth unemployment was 36% just a year ago. High, but a lot lower than today.

You are on the record as stating that millions of new under skilled workers will assimilate into our economy smoothly with no downsides to our under skilled workers???

Last edited by michiganmoon; 08-03-2013 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 10:46 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,368,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
This is 2013, the days where people get disappointed and angry when the unemployment rate falls.

Or is it just because Obama is in office?
Only a complete moron would believe those numbers.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 AM

26,821 posts, read 15,369,717 times
Quote:
This is 2013, the days where people get disappointed and angry when the unemployment rate falls.

Or is it just because Obama is in office?
Who is angry? People are just saying look at the facts.

The Unemployment number you cite chooses not to count unemployed people who would take a job, but are off of the unemployment benefits.

Since the "recovery" began:

-The Labor Participation Rate has dropped. It has dropped pretty much across the board. For blacks, for whites, for those aged 25 to 54.

-45% of recent college grads have a job in something that you don't need a college degree for.

-Household Income has dropped.

-The poverty rate has gone up.

-Amount of people on Food Stamps has gone up.

-Hours worked per American has gone done.

-Ratio of Full time jobs in the workforce has gone done.

All of these numbers are getting worse since the "recovery" began. Many of these numbers are at all time lows or bouncing around all time lows going back decades.

I find it odd that people that criticized Bush for 5% unemployment numbers are now praising Obama while all of the above numbers worsen.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,891,150 times
Just because the number is going down does not mean America is getting better.
Don't take that number at face value and jump for joy.
That's exactly what the government wants you to do..that's what they've always done.
When a number starts to look really bad then they change the methodology for calculating that number.
They did it for unemployment, they did it for inflation and they just did it for the GDP.

Just take the 10-15 minutes and read over the BLS report rather than some MSM article that cherry picks what they want you to know. Become educated. Read the good and the bad and THINK about whether we are heading in the right direction.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,392,614 times
Just like many of us predicted that PT jobs would lead in job creation and drop the UE rate and the left would cheer. I think I see a new one, the trend will continue and with seasonal Xmas jobs the UE rate will fall to 6.5 or maybe 6%. And Barnanke will say the economy is strong enough to end QE and then retire. And of course leave the mess to whoever Obama appoints and the dolts will cheer and point out how great the economy is I have a streak of being right of 2 in a row and I think I will hit this one, it is getting too easy

Old 08-03-2013, 02:25 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,379,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
What is wrong with buying your own policy online? I have gotten my health insurance that way for years.
If you have a pre-existing condition (like I do) good luck getting an affordable policy doing things that way.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,587,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
If you have a pre-existing condition (like I do) good luck getting an affordable policy doing things that way.
Same here. I looked at the theoretical plans rolling out in CA and NY. People were celebrating $1k a month for a married couple! You can't afford your own ins with these rates if you are getting a whopping $10-12 hour. Yes I know there are federal subsidies.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,028,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The private sector in some states are fracking for gas. I have family who have leased some mountains to the gas escavators to frack in PA... the private sector has taken off with jobs in some states that have natural resources discovered by new technology. And guess what.. the IRS are giving them a hard time and want all kind of questions answered.. Obama may indirectly go after all those people involved in the private sector fracking.. I wouldn't put anything past this administration.
Perhaps the IRS is rightfully going after these people. Maybe they aren't paying taxes. However, without more detail, I can't comment.

The loss in jobs is very much in the public sector:

Conservatives said they wanted fewer government workers. Be careful what you wish for.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:41 PM

38,805 posts, read 22,628,281 times
Quote:
The Employment Situation in July | The White House

Lowest level since December of 2008.
Meaningless, I don't even think the even the 0bots buy this crap anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies