Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How does it attempt to excuse it?

I don't believe anyone is excusing anything. I am absolutely not. He chose to listen to his brother and follow him to the gates of H*ll.

That being said, I still would like to understand how people are so easily led whether by family, religion, whatever, as, I believe would many others.
Talking about these things in a rational manner is not making excuses.
It is but a feeble attempt to answer the ultimately unanswerable question "why?"
I don't think that the question is unanswerable at all. He is a weak minded little **** that did not have the intelligence, depth or independence of character to recognize that his brother and mother were hateful fanatical lunatics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,744,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I don't think that the question is unanswerable at all. He is a weak minded little **** that did not have the intelligence, depth or independence of character to recognize that his brother and mother were hateful fanatical lunatics.
Good answer.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:14 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,564,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Good answer.
But it's not an answer, it does nothing to explain what motivated him to become a killer.

I saw this kids picture all over the news for day after day, this one being one of the most used by the media. Now this same picture is put on a magazine cover and wingnuts go apoplectic with outrage over a picture they've already seen a hundred times.

All I know is I will purchase this issue, anything that sends wingnuts into such a frenzy is a cause worth supporting, cause wingnuts are always on the wrong side of human rights, civil liberty, and personal freedom. In this instance, the issue is freedom of speech.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Thank god for Rolling Stone (expressing their CAPITALIST right to make money off controversy)!
Amen brother.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But it's not an answer, it does nothing to explain what motivated him to become a killer.

I saw this kids picture all over the news for day after day, this one being one of the most used by the media. Now this same picture is put on a magazine cover and wingnuts go apoplectic with outrage over a picture they've already seen a hundred times.

All I know is I will purchase this issue, anything that sends wingnuts into such a frenzy is a cause worth supporting, cause wingnuts are always on the wrong side of human rights, civil liberty, and personal freedom. In this instance, the issue is freedom of speech.
I beg to differ. His mother and brother became radicalized and younger jelly-brained brother was motivated by their motivation. He and his family were given asylum, government benefits, education and all of the percs that none of us would be given in their native Crapistan. They fomented hate against the country that took them in, hypocritic, fanatic morons that they were, and since the apple does not fall from the tree (we've all seen his $hit for brains mother) $hit for brians Jr. follows suit. It's as simple as that. Not complicated at all.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I beg to differ. His mother and brother became radicalized and younger jelly-brained brother was motivated by their motivation. He and his family were given asylum, government benefits, education and all of the percs that none of us would be given in their native Crapistan. They fomented hate against the country that took them in, hypocritic, fanatic morons that they were, and since the apple does not fall from the tree (we've all seen his $hit for brains mother) $hit for brians Jr. follows suit. It's as simple as that. Not complicated at all.
Some of us desire a slightly more nuanced and penetrating examination than the one you've given.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:54 PM

14,488 posts, read 11,310,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I think they think Rolling Stone is obliged to see to it that the far right approves of their choice of cover art. I get the impression from right wingers generally that the world is obliged to see to it they are never sad, upset, or offended. Things like the right's bleating over a Muslim community center in New York or the way they think their approval of abortion or homosexual marriage are factors in whether or not they should be allowed makes me think this.

I get this impression from reading what the right has to say for themselves in fora like this. Watching them stamp their little feet and ball their little fists over a magazine cover is quite, quite amusing.
The people in Boston stamping their feet are liberal democrats. So, that kinda makes your statement kinda stupid.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Some of us desire a slightly more nuanced and penetrating examination than the one you've given.
And you expected to receive the whole story 3 months after the attacks? Btw, there is absolutely nothing new in this article. It's all been out there.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM

32,142 posts, read 15,136,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And you expected to receive the whole story 3 months after the attacks? Btw, there is absolutely nothing new in this article. It's all been out there.
I guess you bought it then

Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:

How is this an issue of freedom of speech. Is anyone advocating the government censor this magazine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies