Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:06 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,306,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
WOW.....CHECK THIS OUT.....
Mass. cop who released photos of Boston bombing suspect faces hearing | Fox News

A cop got pissed at what Rolling Stone did and let a this photo out.....

And now he's getting punished????????
Great, now a pic where he looks like Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 12:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Hey, if the guys are hot, I'm in.
Rember this picture of his sexy abs http://media.philly.com/images/526*3...rested-600.jpg

They really wanted to look at his fit body.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykayak View Post
Rember this picture of his sexy abs http://media.philly.com/images/526*3...rested-600.jpg

they really wanted to look at his fit body.
lol.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,304,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
For all those supporting this photo, I wonder how you would feel if it were George Zimmerman on the front cover sporting a smarmy smile.

Who cares why this kid did what he did? He was given everything by this country and he showed his appreciation by becoming a terrorist. Most terrorists are brainwashed a-holes, this one was no different. Throw his ass in a hole for the rest of his life and that's it, no need to give him any further publicity, especially in the form of sympathy.
Which as I pointed out before is why this picture can tells story that words can not. The picture says "this is what a terrorist may look like" and that is what upsets people.

He looks just like the friend your son or daughter brings home from college.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,306,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Hot, good looking, one & the same.
Oooh yeah, a hot guy who would have no problem placing a bomb at your feet.

Now that's f---ing hot!

Old 07-19-2013, 12:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,174,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Oooh yeah, a hot guy who would have no problem placing a bomb at your feet.

Now that's f---ing hot!
What does someone's looks have to do with their actions? If it were an ugly as sin terrorist, I'd say they're ugly as sin. As it is, this guy is hot. Are you unable to separate looks from actions?

Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM

I cant believe there is over 270 posts over Dzhokhar featured in Rolling Stone. I find it ludicrous for stores to pull the issue. I found and bought my copies today and most of what written about Dshokar has already been covered by all other media outlets.
Rolling Stone caters to college students, this article mostly was on his life in college and most of it like I said already has been covered.

I do not understand why every-time his name comes up its ok for all other media outlets but not Rolling Stone.

I also notice every time his name is brought up, television media show the bombs blowing up with bloody and amputated people running for their lives.
IMO That gotta be more appalling and traumatic for the victims to relive that moment.

Here is a picture of one of copies of this collector edition I bought today.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 07-21-2013 at 08:42 AM..

Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,558,947 times
I think the outrage was manufactured from various right wing groups with a vendetta against a magazine like this one that tells the truth. As you can see, the hyenas have stopped yapping already, their attention spans measured in hours, and unless fed a constant stimulation (like Congressional hearings on Benghazi and non stop reporting by FOX News) the outrage is quickly forgotten.

Hope to purchase my copy tomorrow.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 AM

I dont know who cried foul but do not understand why other media outlets get a pass but not Rolling Stone. Most of the article is everything other media outlets have discussed.
It discusses Dshokar growing up, looking up to his brother, wrestling, boxing, going to Cambridge, being discourage of killings of Muslims by Americans. Everything we heard from other media outlets including the pictures.
Only thing is different is this magazine was able to describe in detail choreograph of his life, TV media was only able to do in bit and pieces of sound bites.

See the picture above was shown for a month on the networks. They are guilty one for making him a celebrity.

There was no reason for stores to pull it off the shelves, when the consumer should have the right to decide if they want to buy as this suppose to be a free market.

I bet Jann Wenner the publisher of RS is seeing dollars signs with all this free publicity. This un needed panic has created this issue to be a limited edition.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM

50,996 posts, read 36,683,722 times
I was outraged when I first heard of this, but after hearing Rolling Stone's story, I am not so sure it was horrible. They say they picked this photo precisely because he looked like a rock star or any other kid, because they wanted to bring home to people, especially young people, that a terrorist can look like anybody, rather than bearded guy in a turban that everyone thinks of. Maybe it will make kids more aware so that next time someone will call in and report suspicious behavior rather than assuming one of their own couldn't possibly be a terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies