Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 06:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,784,775 times

Advertisements

Why does help have to come from Germany?

When I was in the Navy we hit port in Catania Sicily and Sigonella was right there. What does that Air base have to scramble up or is it some administrative outpost with no hardware or weapons. Where was the 6th fleet( I think thats the one we keep in the Med at all times).

Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,864,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The truth is that it could not have been the video because too few people at that time had seen the video for it to have been the reason. Someone just made up the video story in order to take blame away from the real reason. Did you not hear Hicks testimony. Don't you think you people need to admit the truth and stop snowballing the situation.

They asked for help but it was not given. Because help did not come four people died.

Maybe you should have listened to Fox. Bob, the liberal on Fox said the weapons being used did not look like a demonstration; he said it looked like a planned attack. Eric said the video was basically unknown and fewer than 300 people had seen it. I think it was more like 240. These statements were made while it was happening and they were showing it on TV.

Hillary Clinton stood over the dead bodies and blamed it on the video when I knew it was not the video. I knew this because I had seen the Fox News. You cannot watch these other news stations and get the read truth about this administration. I don't know why but most news stations seem to be dictated to by the White House.

So it is your fault you did not know better. I knew better. You thought they were telling the truth because this is what they wanted you to think. I am so thankful to have one news station that reports the truth.

People demean Fox, but they are the only news agency that got it right. If it were not for Fox, I think we would all still believe it was a video. Turns out that they were right.
While it appears to be unclear as to why the CIA linked the Benghazi attack to the events in Cairo, it is not true that it couldn't have been because of the video. I believe "300" and "240" counts you are referring to are the youtube counts. The video was playing on Egyptian TV, which wouldn't drive up the youtube counts. The CIA warned the Embassy in Cairo on Sept 10th that there likely would be demonstrations in Cairo over the video. So if you were informed by Fox that it couldn't have been the video, then it was only because they stumbled over the apparent truth. Fox news is spinning the events as hard as the can. Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

They were sent help, in fact one of the dead was a member of a team that was sent in response to the pleas.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,440,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Problem is, you are wrong, on several counts. Victoria *Nuland* is actually a career worker at the Department of State, and not "Hillary's right hand man". And editing talking points is standard procedure, and is not in any way criminal.
MSNBC has been one of the media lapdogs for the Obama administration. Far from being a news.

However, now even MSNBC is now claiming that Benghazi was not only a terrible event, but it was a cover-up, that the administration lied, that people didn’t have to die, and (gasp) it may just be worthy of impeachment!

They even brought up the issue of Obama “sitting on” Benghazi for political reasons. One commentator said “Sure it becomes a political issue.” Only he didn’t mean just for 2012, but he said for 2014, 2016 and even impeachment.

Read more: Media Lapdog MSNBC Turns And Bites Obama - Calls Benghazi A "CoverUp" : Freedom Outpost

Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,576,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I'll keep it simple for you. Nuland changed the entire tone, removing all references to Al-Quaeda and terrorist attacks from the talking points. Below is one example. Jay Carney at first said there was one tiny change, then said the change was stylistic.

If you want to know the truth you really need to start listening.

--

“The Agency has produced numerous pieces on the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa’ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya. These noted that, since April, there have been at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants, including the June attack against the British Ambassador’s convoy. We cannot rule out the individuals has previously surveilled the U.S. facilities, also contributing to the efficacy of the attacks.”

In an email to officials at the White House and the intelligence agencies, State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland took issue with including that information because it “could be abused by members [of Congress] to beat up the State Department for not paying attention to warnings, so why would we want to feed that either? Concerned …”

The paragraph was entirely deleted.
I agree that Nuland must have had a say in the changes but she's not a policymaker or a political leader of the democratic party and she in fact worked for Cheney previously throughout her 30 year career.

She's the one going under the bus but wasn't ultimately responsible for the changes/lies (by omission) spread from top officials in the administration.

It would be tragic to see someone like that take the fall for what is very clearly coming from higher-ups.

It should also be noted that nowhere in the 12 revised TPs was there ever any mention of a video. So either Rice made that up impromptu or she was told to blame it on the video from, yet again, higher ups.

If there's anything omnipotent about Obama it's his innate ability transport people through space-time directly under large yellow diesel-powered people transporters.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
While it appears to be unclear as to why the CIA linked the Benghazi attack to the events in Cairo, it is not true that it couldn't have been because of the video. I believe "300" and "240" counts you are referring to are the youtube counts. The video was playing on Egyptian TV, which wouldn't drive up the youtube counts. The CIA warned the Embassy in Cairo on Sept 10th that there likely would be demonstrations in Cairo over the video. So if you were informed by Fox that it couldn't have been the video, then it was only because they stumbled over the apparent truth. Fox news is spinning the events as hard as the can. Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

They were sent help, in fact one of the dead was a member of a team that was sent in response to the pleas.

Wow! You better go back and read. There is a lot of information on this thread that disputes what you wrote.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,779,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Intelligence in the middle east will never be an exact science, if it was that easy it would not have taken 10 years to kill Ben Laden. What exactly was coming from Souda Bay in Crete, what type of aircraft, what type of force.
Here's an interesting article on "intelligence" and what's been happening in Libya.
With the French assault on Mali, many AQ went to Libya and Libya is now considered AQ Headquarters.

The Al Qaeda Headquarters in Libya - The Daily Beast
Some Libyan officials believe there was double intelligence failure in the lead up to the consulate attack—with both the CIA and the jihadists misunderstanding the intentions and operations of the other by misinterpreting the macabre “language of espionage and terrorism.”

In the weeks before the assault there were more than two dozen assassinations of former Gaddafi security and intelligence officials in Benghazi. Some were score-settling slayings by hard-core revolutionaries out to revenge Gaddafi-era oppression, but most were jihadist hits on people thought to be acting as informants for American spies based at the Benghazi CIA annex.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:59 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,555,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You missed the entire quote, I guess that suits your needs, I highlighted the most important points in her statement.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.
All that in red, was disingenuous, because they never did bring anyone to justice, and never bothered to find out what was going on. We still do not know:

1) Who reduced the security forces?

2) Why they reduced security when they knew about the numerous terrorist attacks?

2a) Why didn't 0bama know about the security concerns from Ambassador Stevens?

3) Where was 0bama was doing during the entire time our people were fighting for their lives?

4) Who gave the orders to stand down

5) Why we did not have a plan in place to properly protect these people.

6) Why they edited the talking points and allowed the world to believe the lie about the video for weeks

What difference does it make when they collude to hide the truth, is more like what Hilary was saying

Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
All that in red, was disingenuous, because they never did bring anyone to justice, and never bothered to find out what was going on. We still do not know:

1) Who reduced the security forces?

2) Why they reduced security when they knew about the numerous terrorist attacks?

3) Where was 0bama was doing during the entire time our people were fighting for their lives?

4) Who gave the orders to stand down

5) Why we did not have a plan in place to properly protect these people.

6) Why they edited the talking points and allowed the world to believe the lie about the video for weeks

What difference does it make when they collude to hide the truth, is more like what Hilary was saying
Their defense will be there wasn't time or they didn't want to send people into a dangerous situation. First, they did have people ready that could have made it for the second wave. As for the latter, we have people specially trained for this exact type of thing.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:04 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,367,115 times
Still convinced oblamer was hoping for a hostage situation since it was close to elections and it would have looked cool to pull off a rescue.
Underestimated the savagery of the hajis.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:05 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,864,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I agree that Nuland must have had a say in the changes but she's not a policymaker or a political leader of the democratic party and she in fact worked for Cheney previously throughout her 30 year career.

She's the one going under the bus but wasn't ultimately responsible for the changes/lies (by omission) spread from top officials in the administration.

It would be tragic to see someone like that take the fall for what is very clearly coming from higher-ups.

It should also be noted that nowhere in the 12 revised TPs was there ever any mention of a video. So either Rice made that up impromptu or she was told to blame it on the video from, yet again, higher ups.

If there's anything omnipotent about Obama it's his innate ability transport people through space-time directly under large yellow diesel-powered people transporters.
The CIA believed and warned the embassy in Cairo over the video on Sept 10. The references to being inspired by events in Cairo are references to the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies