Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Didn't Carney say the T.P. (pun intended) were only edited ONCE? That's a uhhh, lie isn't it?
Once by the WH. Carney is WH spokesperson.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You are late trihiker. The libs on this board already pulled out the Bush card.
Meh, that's what happens when the reinforcements aren't brought up to speed before entering the fray. Anyone notice most of the original "look at what Bush did" people have rotated out of the thread and a bunch of new ones have "appeared"?

It's like were watching tag team wrestling.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You missed the entire quote, I guess that suits your needs, I highlighted the most important points in her statement.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.
Chew on this one, when Hillary visited Libya naval assets were shifted off shore in case she needed to be quickly evacuated.
Had to be good enough for her but not the Ambassador or the others that were killed/injured when they KNEW an attack was probable you know, like when the huge hole was blown in the outside wall prior to the attack?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 AM

500 posts, read 376,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I cannot stand watching left wing propaganda on MSNBC, likewise I cannot stand watching right wing propaganda on FOX. After a few minutes I stopped watching the video. That judge is a paid provocateur!
So you think someone else wrote her talking points and paid her to rant them? Like Karney the AssKlown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzpatriot View Post
The judge spoke the truth. Obama needs to be impeached.
Yes, she did.I can usually take her only in small doses, but this little rant was riveting. And she is spot on.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The CIA believed and warned the embassy in Cairo over the video on Sept 10. The references to being inspired by events in Cairo are references to the video.
Except testimony shows "the video" was a non event in Libya. Whoops, doesn't fit the talking points (T.P. yes pun intended again) yet again.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:56 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
The moment they thought there was the slightest danger - they should have been evacuated. That's the bottom line. What is so hard about that? Why was that not done?...If I had children in a house in a drought ridden forest and I smelled burning pine or saw smoke...Those kids would be removed and place somewhere safe....why was this so hard for the administrators to do? Do they think life is a joke?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

I have found that once you admit to a mistake - say "I was wrong" or "I made a mistake" - that can pretty much shut down the argument.

Correct. And that's why Sanford got elected. He admitted his guilt and asked for forgiveness.

Can you even imagine Obama admitting guilt and asking for forgiveness? Not a chance in hades.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The moment they thought there was the slightest danger - they should have been evacuated. That's the bottom line. What is so hard about that? Why was that not done?...If I had children in a house in a drought ridden forest and I smelled burning pine or saw smoke...Those kids would be removed and place somewhere safe....why was this so hard for the administrators to do? Do they think life is a joke?
Obama had a party to attend in Vegas. He didn't have time to worry about the safety of Americans.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
How long do you think it would have taken to assemble the boots on the ground, supply them and get them to Benghazi?
Someone already asked a retired SEAL that question and the answer was a team could've been on site within 2 1/2 hours give or take. So, had they called up a team when this situation jumped off the SEAL team would most likely been able to shut it down or delay the attack long enough for escape.

Had a couple of F-16's or a gunship been sent they would've scattered like rats from a sinking ship according to history.
I wonder if anyone of our buddies (you know those nations that Obama has totally repaired our relations with?) had any assets that could've helped or did anyone even think or bother to ASK?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
again what specific crime did Obama commit? Or are you one the thousands of ignroants who don't know what a president can be impeached for.

by your statement, Bush should have been impeached for 9/11
"Or are you one the thousands of ignroants who don't know what a president can be impeached for."

Apparently it is YOU who is ignorant about the facts.

it doesn't make you look very smart to call others names when it is you who is the guilty one.

A President does NOT have to have committed a crime in order to be impeached.

"3. Grounds for Impeachment
". . . those offences which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself."
Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment, Provisions in the Constitution that are Relevant to Impeachment and Past Impeachment Inquiries

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-13-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.