Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times

Advertisements

I guess some people can be mad that the CIA/FBI didn't want the general public informed of everything they knew. But have you read any of the comments and level of understanding they display in this thread alone and wonder why the CIA/FBI would hesitate putting out sensitive investigation worthy material?

Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And on the basis of this, we have brought Congress to a standstill? Because the talking points didn't match? I mean, seriously? In the end THIS is what has warranted all of this wasted time and money, and you don't think that's even a little bit ridiculous?
I am more than happy to pay their salaries to actually do some work for a change . This is not about politics this is about people and getting to the truth. (Mark Meadows, R North Carolina) good man

Where was Obama when this attack was going on?
We need to hear from Lt. Col Gibson, as to who gave the stand down orders. We have a long way to go on this inquiry. We also need to hear from Pickering and Mullen.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, that's not what she said. I am sure already knew that though.
yes it is, she lied thru her teeth saying that was the best intelligence they had.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
yes it is, she lied thru her teeth saying that was the best intelligence they had.
...... and .... the rest of what she said ... err, where is it?

Does it go something like this from Face the Nation on 9/16 2012?

"SUSAN RICE: We do not-- we do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.
BOB SCHIEFFER: Do you agree or disagree with him that al Qaeda had some part in this?
SUSAN RICE: Well, we'll have to find out that out. I mean I think it's clear that there were extremist elements that joined in and escalated the violence. Whether they were al Qaeda affiliates, whether they were Libyan-based extremists or al Qaeda itself I think is one of the things we'll have to determine."

Last edited by florida.bob; 05-08-2013 at 04:43 PM..

Old 05-08-2013, 04:34 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The government is too big and too full of chiefs to have any clue how to direct the Indians.
One thing I got from the hearings is that the state department is the bureacracy of all bureacracies, the different interactions with the FBI, DOD is a complete rats maze, no wonder it's hard to get anyting done. Just within the state department the pecking order, responsibilities is complicated.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:34 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Agreed. Initially the administration probably were told it was just a demonstration which got out of hand. Real time intel is difficult to come by. HOWEVER, having said that, why did they continue to lie, spin doctor, and delay the truth? Just come out and say: The original information we received was wrong. We reported what we knew at the time.
Because Obama couldn't say that either, without telling even more lies.

Consulate chief Hicks testified today that he talked to Hillary directly that night, and told her the consulate was under attack. He never mentioned any "protests", because there weren't any. And Hillary knew it.

Days later, he saw her on TV, standing in front of the flag-draped coffins of Ambassador Stevens and the other three Americans killed in the attacks, and watched her say that they weren't really "attacks", that they were just spontaneous protests against a video, that went wrong.

Was the Obama administration trying to maintain the fiction that Al Qaeda had been defeated long ago, and so we didn't need to reinforce the consulates, so he could look like a successful foreign-policy guy and get more votes in the election, three weeks away?

And even after the attacks and murders, they tried to keep the fiction of a defeated Al Qaeda going, by making up a story about "spontaneous protests gone wrong"?

Is THAT why they kept refusing the consulate's request for more guards and reinforcements... leading to four Americans being killed when Al Qaeda attacked?

Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Where was Obama when this attack was going on? We need to hear from Lt. Col Gibson, as to who gave the stand down orders. We have a long way to go on this inquiry. We also need to hear from Pickering and Mullen.
In other words, we didn't find a smoking gun today, but not to worry, we will keep going until we find SOMETHING. I mean, it took Ken Starr $70 million, but he was finally able to catch Clinton in a lie about an extramarital affair. It was SO worth all that time and money, wasn't it?

Here we go again, folks. I'm so glad there aren't any real problems that Congress should be thinking about (like jobs, jobs, jobs) so they are free to spend still more time and money on this.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Look at the typical liberals. If you politically driven jerks had your way, these people would never had gotten to say anything. We'd all still think a video was involved. We'd all never know about multiple requests for security. We wouldnt know about stand down orders.

We still have plenty of unanswered questions. But sadly, they wont come. The people who know the most, refuse to talk. People like Hillary and her aides.

We know as much as we do know ONLY due to people searching and demanding the truth. We wouldnt know a damn thing if you hacks had any say on it. I find it sick and offensive how you call this a waste of time and a witch hunt and partisan, yet you are always the first to politicize a crisis and use it to rush through new legislation to fit your agenda. Just look at Sandy Hook. You trotted around the families of victims for months and months trying to shove through legislation that had would have had zero affect on the actual crime that took place. Yet we are spat on by you for daring to demand truth and justice on Benghazi.

There was incompetence and lies. That much is a fact. Yet you sad excuses for Americans and human beings cant even admit to that. Shame on all of you.
Absolutely. Note that the solution according to these Dimwits is blame Republicans for fiscal cutbacks, and throw more money at the military. That is not the solution. Hicks has provided solutions, which include more training so diplomats know what is going on outside the walls of the post, engaging with the people, and ability to defend themselves. In Libya they were provided the Martyr Brigade for protection, who included militant Islamist extremists. This administration and this gutless commaner in chief are ultimately responsible. Anybody that doesn't know that, has their head up their arse.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Of course Phil, thats true. And I have not really followed all the PR that followed after the attack. I was (and am) more interested in the attack itself. And some of the stories initially written about that were blatant fabrications (thinking of the DailyMail article).

Old 05-08-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
In other words, we didn't find a smoking gun today, but not to worry, we will keep going until we find SOMETHING. I mean, it took Ken Starr $70 million but he finally was able to catch Clinton in a lie about an extramarital affair. It was SO worth all that time and money, wasn't it?

Here we go again, folks. I'm so glad there aren't any real problems that Congress should be thinking about (like jobs, jobs, jobs) so they are free to spend still more time and money on this.

You coulda just said, it happened a long time ago, who cares - like Hillary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies