Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 08:02 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,462,842 times

Advertisements

It’s a cliché, of course, but it really is true: in Washington, every scandal has a crime and a coverup. The ongoing debate about the attack on the United States facility in Benghazi where four Americans were killed, and the Obama Administration’s response to it, is no exception. For a long time, it seemed like the idea of a coverup was just a Republican obsession. But now there is something to it.

Spinning Benghazi: The C.I.A.'s Talking-Point Edits : The New Yorker

(Note, not a conservative source)

Old 05-12-2013, 08:05 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,462,842 times
I'm not calling for him to resign. Just to stop the lies.

Spinning Benghazi: The C.I.A.'s Talking-Point Edits : The New Yorker

This would not be a story if it was noted from the beginning that this was a planned attack by a terrorist group as you note.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-12-2013 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,123,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
When was that ever one of the liberal talking points?

Here are the liberal talking points:

Embassy Staff Undercuts 'Whistleblower' Testimony On Benghazi

Of course... given the fact that his testimony turned out to ultimately be so harmless, who really cares?
Every single dummycrat that was interviewed said the same thing.....that the whistleblowers are politically motivated.

So we'll put you in the "I don't care if the government lies, as long as it protects hillary and obama" camp.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 AM

37,850 posts, read 41,226,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
When was that ever one of the liberal talking points?

Here are the liberal talking points:

Embassy Staff Undercuts 'Whistleblower' Testimony On Benghazi

Of course... given the fact that his testimony turned out to ultimately be so harmless, who really cares?
Which version? You already know they revised it numerous times.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,739,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is not correct. The news highlights showed demonstrations when talking about both attacks.

Not many knew the complete story on day 1. I didn't. I saw the news reports showing demostrations when the two attacks were being reported about. The reasons news outlets gave in their early accounts for the demonstrations was because of the video. Not until some days later, did the News outlets stop showing demonstrations when reporting on the Benghazi attack.

That's the truth. Thats real history.
The truth is that it could not have been the video because too few people at that time had seen the video for it to have been the reason. Someone just made up the video story in order to take blame away from the real reason. Did you not hear Hicks testimony. Don't you think you people need to admit the truth and stop snowballing the situation.

They asked for help but it was not given. Because help did not come four people died.

Maybe you should have listened to Fox. Bob, the liberal on Fox said the weapons being used did not look like a demonstration; he said it looked like a planned attack. Eric said the video was basically unknown and fewer than 300 people had seen it. I think it was more like 240. These statements were made while it was happening and they were showing it on TV.

Hillary Clinton stood over the dead bodies and blamed it on the video when I knew it was not the video. I knew this because I had seen the Fox News. You cannot watch these other news stations and get the read truth about this administration. I don't know why but most news stations seem to be dictated to by the White House.

So it is your fault you did not know better. I knew better. You thought they were telling the truth because this is what they wanted you to think. I am so thankful to have one news station that reports the truth.

People demean Fox, but they are the only news agency that got it right. If it were not for Fox, I think we would all still believe it was a video. Turns out that they were right.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,729,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So Obama is so divine that even saying exactly the opposite of what you claimed you still manage to only hear what you want to hear?

Unbelievable...
That's precisely why I exercise judicial use of the ignore button. It's also indicative of how 0bama won 2 elections. The brain waves simply don't connect. It's quite amazing, really, how great the disconnect is.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,341,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There was no confusion. It was nothing more than a lame lie. Nobody thought it was about a YouTube video. Nobody and if they did they need removed from their position for being so stupid.
I'd say ones who thought people would believe such lies, but ran around saying it was because of a movie, are even dumber than those who thought it was because of a movie.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,806,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is not correct. The news highlights showed demonstrations when talking about both attacks.

Not many knew the complete story on day 1. I didn't. I saw the news reports showing demostrations when the two attacks were being reported about. The reasons news outlets gave in their early accounts for the demonstrations was because of the video. Not until some days later, did the News outlets stop showing demonstrations when reporting on the Benghazi attack.

That's the truth. Thats real history.
With of all the protests and "demonstrations" that took place during daylight because of the video, how many of the "protesters" showed up with machine guns, grenades, RPGs, Molotov cocktails and other weapons? Who needed to know the "complete" story (which we still don't know) when all you had to do was to look at the pictures to know it was an attack. And if what Hicks said is correct.............the Ambassador knew it was an attack. "We're under attack" were his last words to Hicks.

Are you serious that the news focused on Benghazi days after the attack??? It happened on September 11th and it was all over the news immediately 24/7 after it happened, especially since an Ambassador died.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:32 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,253,508 times
Not only did this guy want to ride the bus, he got to be the whistle blower, too. Now he's in good company... well, some not so good, under the bus.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,804,037 times
Before Benghazi got attacked only Egypt had demonstrations.
The rest of the countries happened after Benghazi.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-12-2013 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies