Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I love when a liberal idiot insinuates that ...
Your comment might have had some chance of retaining a modicum of credibility if you didn't start it with blatantly puerile drivel.

Quote:
the false claims (refuted over and over again) that the founders were anything but Christian.
Some of the founders of our nation were members of my religion not yours. Stop denying the truth "over and over again".

Quote:
Islam = Jihad. Jihad = Islam.
Ignorance = Bigotry. Bigotry = Ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Generalizing extremists=ignorance
Yeah that too. I suspect that the dogged determination to try to spread the ignorance about Islam is because if the characterizations were based on hard criteria, such as what people do, then a lot of Christians, including many in this country, would be found on the other side of the line. This is the same pointless conflict that has been waged for almost a thousand years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
And so, here we are again with another thread that's just another Obama bashing thread in disguise.
What else can the base the rhetoric on, in their vain attempt to defend their indefensible perspectives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Such a small band doesnt count. Now if Spain wishes to peacefully return to rule under divine law. That is fine. But no one draws the borders of Islams lands inclusive of Spain.

Ed, ask yourself why no Muslim attacks East Asia, Latin America, East Europe et al? It is perhaps as those folk dont jerk people around. No?
Fortunately China was the most powerful entity in the world at the time. So an attempted conquest of China would have been suicidal. So China and the rest of East Asia were spared falling to the sword. Today there are few Muslims in East Asia, still China does have a problem with Muslim terrorism in its western lands.

Agreed Latin America doesn't figure prominently in the aims of Muslims. Although as one of the last outposts of Catholicism could offer some resistance and manpower in the global struggle against global jihad.

East Europe? We need to define what is East, Since we know the Turks held sway over much of the Balkans and attempted to storm Europe through Vienna.

Last edited by EdwardA; 04-21-2013 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I guess I misunderstood your post. I read it again, and I'm still not sure of your point or position. You weren't being clear.
When terrorist attacks are committed by people who consider themselves Muslim, whether in the USA, Yemen, Nigeria, India, you name it, the general defense of Islam as the religion of peace is that Those Muslims are a fringe collection of oddball militant, fundamentalist extremists, and Jihad is building friendship and staying fit, rather than a holy war.

The brothers apparently don't fit the typical Muslim-type who get blamed for terror: militant, extremist, fundamentalist, fringy. They seem to be more like the Muslim you'd run across at school, at the store, on twitter or Facebook, pretty everyday people. This presents a problem for the Islam religion of peacers, so they emphasize how the brothers fell short of being Muslim --- allowed drinking, weren't regulars at Mosque, boxed a girl wearing a tank top, etc.. That way, they're just 'hooligans', 'boys.' 'troubled youth' who, irrespective of Islamic Jihad, just went off the deep end.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
At first they said the bombs were unsophisticated, now they are saying the bombs were too sophisticated for the men to have built by themselves. From what I understand of the bombs there were just explosive material wrapped up in a bunch of shrapnel, much like an IED. I didn't think an IED was a sophisticated type of bomb, hence an "improvised" explosive.
You remember this too. The media was going with the unsophisticated bomb meme to tie into the right wing extremist meme. After all some right wing yokel from Alabama can't possibly build a sophisticated bomb.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:08 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Some people use religion as an outlet for their hatred, some use racism, others use politics.
You're angry so you have to invent a reason to have an enemy to blame. Whether its a different religion, ethnicity, race, political party, or socioeconomic group.
You see it here on these boards.
But the older brother was certainly very religious and very screwed up. That the Boston Globe might suggest otherwise should come back to haunt them, people are angry over this and they'll see right through stupidity like that.
I can't completely agree with this. It's true that people use different excuses for an outlet of hatred or anger, but religion is different. Religion and spirituality affect people in a very different and often profound type of way. That is why intelligent people drink the koolaid at the cult retreat. When people get wrapped up in something like isalm, they learn to follow it and desire to follow it without question. They end up doing things they would otherwise never normally do.

684 posts, read 1,122,740 times
I am on about today, the present. Now I oppose all violence and am a pacifist in all but personal self defence, but it must be asked why a few states draw ire and others dont.

Could it not be that the US acts aggressively in the ME region and this creates hate? China has close ties to the Muslim world, no Muslims are attacking East Europe or other regions I listed (Lat Am, Central Am, SS Africa).

Surely blame requires 2 parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When terrorist attacks are committed by people who consider themselves Muslim, whether in the USA, Yemen, Nigeria, India, you name it, the general defense of Islam as the religion of peace is that Those Muslims are a fringe collection of oddball militant, fundamentalist extremists, and Jihad is building friendship and staying fit, rather than a holy war.

The brothers apparently don't fit the typical Muslim-type who get blamed for terror: militant, extremist, fundamentalist, fringy. They seem to be more like the Muslim you'd run across at school, at the store, on twitter or Facebook, pretty everyday people. This presents a problem for the Islam religion of peacers, so they emphasize how the brothers fell short of being Muslim --- allowed drinking, weren't regulars at Mosque, boxed a girl wearing a tank top, etc.. That way, they're just 'hooligans', 'boys.' 'troubled youth' who, irrespective of Islamic Jihad, just went off the deep end.
Islam is the glue that holds and motivates this diverse band of attackers.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM

684 posts, read 1,122,740 times
You are unwilling to accept that the US carries any blame with its aggressive Foreign Policy. I want the world to live in peace - but that means both sides boxing in the loons.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:12 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

The older brother was a loser that failed at boxing, failed beating women, failed staying out of problems and never got his citizenship. So he started reading bs online about islamic radicalization and bs so he can belong to something bigger than himself and feel like he is doing something, blaming someone else for his loser life. He was a bully and an idiot. The younger loved his brother and was manipulated. They could be christians, muslims, you name it. They could have done this for a political cause,religious cause or no cause.

The older was a sociopath; a stupid one for that matter. The youngest was a pawn. JMO

Old 04-21-2013, 09:15 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,510 times
Let me tell you something, the older brother was not different than the kids that go to their school and shoot people. He just did it differently. I don't even think he understood his own religion. He was a stupid punk. A loser .... Uncle Ruslan was right.

That said, the FBI has some explainin' to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies