Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
How is this the liberal media? It could be true.

Is it that to believe that the boys may not have grown up very religious? Just look at this family in the media. Neither the mother nor aunt wore hijab, for example. Some Muslims, like Christians, pick up their religion at certain times are year and that's basically all.

Really?

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev parents: Surviving Boston bombing suspect's mother and father to travel to the U.S. | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
What does this have to do with anything?

These are pictures of the mother as well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d--Taylor.html

Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Islam = Jihad. Jihad = Islam.

Islam is and has since it's beginning been about Jihad. It cannot be separated from it. Jihad is not something newly created by "radicalized" Muslims.
Yet it wasn't that way before these two people from Spain started raping, torturing, killing and pretty much doing everything unimaginable not only to Muslims, but my people also. I guess because of this, I as a Jew should call Catholicism and Christianity the religion of rapists, torturers, and pretty much all around scum because when one looks back at history....

The inquisitiiiiion, Christians deny, The Inquisiiiiiiiiition, why, why, why?

As for the whole premise of this post, it's not "PC" it's called our constitution which causes us to get into situations where people can sue us for defamation.

The OP ******* about PC. I wonder how much the OP would ***** if Obama laid into the suspects, was wrong about something, wound up getting the feds sued for millions etc.

All the sudden it would be, "Stupid Obama, it's all his fault! He never should have opened his mouth!"

And so, here we are again with another thread that's just another Obama bashing thread in disguise.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Islam = Jihad. Jihad = Islam.

Islam is and has since it's beginning been about Jihad. It cannot be separated from it. Jihad is not something newly created by "radicalized" Muslims.

I think there are a few people that practice Islam that don't plant bombs to kill innocent people.

Generalizing extremists=ignorance

Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Maybe it is time to stop eliminating the privacy rights of Americans and start bending our view on muslims by allowing the government to profile non-US born muslims, especially when they hail from a country where many muslims have extremist views.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:16 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Maybe it is time to stop eliminating the privacy rights of Americans and start bending our view on muslims by allowing the government to profile non-US born muslims, especially when they hail from a country where many muslims have extremist views.
Yeah, but then TSA agents can't legally grope 20 year old blonde women with large breasts from suburbia.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
I think you are mistaken. There is a concerted effort on the part of Islamists in this country to "blend in." So, though they may appear to be, "not Muslim enough" (according to what you claim that "excusers" are saying — I haven't seen any such rhetoric), this would mean nothing.

We do not yet know what their motives were, except that there are reports of posts and tweets that were indicative of radical Islamist views. Their uncle said he does not know who has taught them this.

It does seem clear at this point that their motives were rooted in Islamic teaching.

Islam's history is of Jihad. It was the reason for the Crusades, as Islamists had been invading and conquering the Christian countries.
People simple can't grasp what we are up against. Islam at it's founding is a tale of conquest. Islam doesn't evangelize, meaning Muslims are not dispatched like Christian missionaries trying to reason with heathens into becoming Christian. Islam is spread by force. You are conquered and you can save your pathetic life by converting or we will kill you. Faced with such options most but the most zealous or courageous choose Islam. Now once you've become a Muslim you now can not leave because the punishment for leaving Islam is death (funny how liberally death sentences are issued in Islam). So a status qua develops over the generations and the family adopts the Muslim faith and becomes ardent supporters.

Islam is a religion of peace simply because in the chaotic world in which it was born it brought peace through the sword.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you haven't seen the excusers claim that Muslim terrorists are a fringe, the militant, fundamendalist crew, I can't help you. With these guys, every deviation from fundamentalism is magnified. Why ? Because excusers don't want them perceived as really being Muslim, that an everyday, average seeming guy who's Muslim won't be a terrorist.

What type of motive are you looking for ? Jealousy of people who run long distances, annoyance at crowded streets, 'not fitting in.'
I guess I misunderstood your post. I read it again, and I'm still not sure of your point or position. You weren't being clear.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
The older brother wanted to become a full blown AMERICAN citizen. From what I understand some liberal bureaucrat reviewed his file and came to the conclusion he was some sort of woman beater and rejected him. Maybe Islam had nothing to do with it? Even the FBI investigated the older brother and eventually closed the file because he was not deemed an Islamic extremist who was a real threat. I would say that some feminist eccentric old liberal government worker screwed the guy. Just speculating here. If anybody has information on what was described as "domestic violence" - which later the charges were dropped...please chime in.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Radical Islam is political as much as religious, much like the ongoing tensions in Northern Ireland.
Nothing of the sort. The comparison rings hollow. The conflict in Northern Ireland is arguably more political than religious. Radical Islam, really Islam, simply wants dominion over the world or a large swath of the world. In order for that to happen the Great Satan (America) needs to crumble since it is realistically the only thing standing in its way. America falls, Israel vanishes the Middle East through North Africa is theirs. Attention can then focus to the West. With millions of Muslims already resident in Europe the task shouldn't be too difficult but who knows maybe by then the Europeans would have regained a backbone.

The Muslims really are still smarting over being kicked out Spain (by a woman no less) and being turned back at Vienna.

I still haven't figured how China figures into their plans but my guess is they feel they can deal with them. Russia will probably cede it's Muslim territories. The Hindus of India will put up a good fight, ironically they are one of the few people I've encountered who have no illusions about what Islam is a religion bent on conquest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies