Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:25 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times

Advertisements

He was a loner and became alienated and at some point found god, the religious aspects are only important if he had support and assistance from others, otherwise he is just another relgious nut with god speaking to him. Lumping all muslims into the same pot because of these two brothers is ridiculous, the local mosques had nothing to do with them.

Quote:
MONTGOMERY VILLAGE, Md. -- An uncle of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects says he had a falling-out with one of his nephews because of the man's increased commitment to Islam.
Ruslan Tsarni says he grew concerned about Tamerlan Tsarnaev (tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) when he told him in a 2009 phone conversation that he had chosen "God's business" over work or school. Tsarni said he then contacted a family friend who told him Tsarnaev had been influenced by a recent convert to Islam.
Tsarni says their relationship ended after that call. The 26-year-old Tsarnaev was killed in a shootout with police Friday. His younger brother, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-KHAR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv), was captured that evening.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev And Uncle, Ruslan Tsarni, Had Falling Out Over Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Here are some links for you to start your education:

Why I Am Not a Christian

Google it if you want a full discussion, or start a different thread.

Some are; some aren't.

Obviously you speak from ignorance. I'm not an Atheist nor am I agnostic. I just don't believe in your religion.

Wrong. I actually have a far stronger code of morality than you do.

Some of the most prominent founders of our nation were people of my religion, not yours. It's pitiful to watch you desperately spew nonsense about things you clearly know nothing about.
I love when a liberal idiot insinuates that I am uneducated, and shows me where to "begin my education" by pointing me to links to every lie and heresy ever written, and the false claims (refuted over and over again) that the founders were anything but Christian.

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 AM

27,175 posts, read 15,356,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ok, so they were "alienated men" and not your typical radical Islam extremists.
Then that means Obama's track record on terrorism isn't blemished.

Hasan...workplace violence
Benghazi...reaction to a movie
Boston...alienated men

And all the "terrorist" incidents that the FBI/CIA uncovered and defused because they had been leading these guys on are valid "terrorist plots" that the government sucessfully stopped.

And I'm expected to believe this ? Really ?

That's the Party Line.....and they are sticking to it.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,190,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Actually, the mother started wearing the hijab and spewing conspiracy theories. This article gives a good idea of what the family life was.

I know the Boston bombers | Fox News
The article actually confirms that these changes are recent, and that the boys likely were not raised that way. The family life sounds troubled more than anything, leading to them going off the deep end...

Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think you are mistaken. There is a concerted effort on the part of Islamists in this country to "blend in." So, though they may appear to be, "not Muslim enough" (according to what you claim that "excusers" are saying — I haven't seen any such rhetoric), this would mean nothing.

We do not yet know what their motives were, except that there are reports of posts and tweets that were indicative of radical Islamist views. Their uncle said he does not know who has taught them this.

It does seem clear at this point that their motives were rooted in Islamic teaching.

Islam's history is of Jihad. It was the reason for the Crusades, as Islamists had been invading and conquering the Christian countries.
If you haven't seen the excusers claim that Muslim terrorists are a fringe, the militant, fundamendalist crew, I can't help you. With these guys, every deviation from fundamentalism is magnified. Why ? Because excusers don't want them perceived as really being Muslim, that an everyday, average seeming guy who's Muslim won't be a terrorist.

What type of motive are you looking for ? Jealousy of people who run long distances, annoyance at crowded streets, 'not fitting in.'

Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So you think not wearing a hijab means you're not Muslim and thus not a factor in this case?
Did you read the article and what I said? Don't try to put words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,554,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
How is this the liberal media? It could be true.

Is it that to believe that the boys may not have grown up very religious? Just look at this family in the media. Neither the mother nor aunt wore hijab, for example. Some Muslims, like Christians, pick up their religion at certain times are year and that's basically all.

The Uncle says the family became very religious in the the last few years. They were 911 truthers.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He was a loner and became alienated and at some point found god, the religious aspects are only important if he had support and assistance from others, otherwise he is just another relgious nut with god speaking to him. Lumping all muslims into the same pot because of these two brothers is ridiculous, the local mosques had nothing to do with them.
Islam = Jihad. Jihad = Islam.

Islam is and has since it's beginning been about Jihad. It cannot be separated from it. Jihad is not something newly created by "radicalized" Muslims.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
The Uncle says the family became very religious in the the last few years. They were 911 truthers.
Right so this is a more recent development. The family seems like they were unstable and decided to take their religion to the extreme. It seems like some people who have messed up lives are the ones who end up this way.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,055,961 times
Radical Islam is political as much as religious, much like the ongoing tensions in Northern Ireland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies