Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,419,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So, either way, Zimmerman becomes the victim?

Sorry, but I just can't seem to muster up a whole lot of sympathy for him.

My sympathy, for some strange reason, lies with a poor dead kid who did nothing wrong except to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately when there was a wanna-be vigilante on the loose. And my sympathy also lies with the parents who have lost their child.

They are the victims - not Zimmerman.
I didn't say he became a victim. I said I don't there's going to be any justice at the end of this.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM

179 posts, read 157,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
According to Zimmerman's OWN account he somehow took an unexpected blow to the nose and fell down onto his back. Somehow before he fell on his back he managed to stumble forward for 20-30 feet (even further if Martin's body is where police say it was (back yard of 1231 Twin Trees Lane).

And his injuries just flat out aren't consistant with taking those kind of blows with the back of your head against the ground. His eyes should have been swollen big time if he took some real shots like that. His nose would have been swollen big time. The back of his head should have required sutures. And he should have been evaluated for a head injury (the cops and EMS fault).

What I'd like to know is how far the flashlights (Zimmerman's) were found compared to Martin's cell phone and Ice Tea.
So he faked his injuries? The witnesses lied? The coroner made up the bruising to Trayvon's knuckles?

Zimmerman's nose *was* badly swollen the night it happened.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM

798 posts, read 1,038,040 times
The lie detector test is a moot point. Sociopaths pass those all the time with flying colors. Judging by Zimmerman's reaction after killing a person, I'd guess he was a sociopath.

Even if Zimmerman's injuries make sense (which they don't), it doesn't explain the varying areas where he was getting "beat up." His story seems to move around a lot, literally and figuratively.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM

812 posts, read 597,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Careful what you wish for. A kid walking home at 7pm at night is an everyday occurrence in any neighborhood across America. Heck, football, wrestling, basketball practices often end later than that for many teens, along w/ part time jobs or just hanging out w/ their friends. The next child may be a relative, or neighbor of yours. There are so many risks to so many people if the actions of GZ becomes the acceptable norm. He deserves a trial, everyone does. But his actions than spoke louder than his words do now.
His actions would have otherwise been the quiet everyday experience of a100000 a day happenings had he not been assaulted.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
So, either way, Zimmerman becomes the victim?

Sorry, but I just can't seem to muster up a whole lot of sympathy for him.

My sympathy, for some strange reason, lies with a poor dead kid who did nothing wrong except to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, unfortunately when there was a wanna-be vigilante on the loose. And my sympathy also lies with the parents who have lost their child.

They are the victims - not Zimmerman.
If Trayvon was a victim, why didnt he head home. He had such a head start and was found 90 feet from his door. Zimmerman told operator he list sight of him, so we know he had a long time to make it home.

Some people are in denial about how some people act, apparently. Without video evidence of Trayvon jumping Zimmerman, they just could not believe a precious 17 year old would be capable of such a thing.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM

17,918 posts, read 13,864,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post
So he faked his injuries? The witnesses lied? The coroner made up the bruising to Trayvon's knuckles?

No he didn't "fake" his injuries. He's just not beat up that bad no matter how all his defenders want to believe differently.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
The lie detector test is a moot point. Sociopaths pass those all the time with flying colors. Judging by Zimmerman's reaction after killing a person, I'd guess he was a sociopath.

Even if Zimmerman's injuries make sense (which they don't), it doesn't explain the varying areas where he was getting "beat up." His story seems to move around a lot, literally and figuratively.
Ah, Internet psychology, never fails to amuse!

Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No he didn't "fake" his injuries. He's just not beat up that bad no matter how all his defenders want to believe differently.
Self defense requires fear of death or serious bodily injury. It's not that hard to get a concussion from having your head hit/slammed (which Zim's indisputably was). Zim was yelling for quite a while and thus probably unable to get from under Trayvon. A police officer would shoot in the same situation, as would anyone else similarly situated.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,956,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needTXinfo View Post

Did you just jump in on this thread? All of this has been addressed. I think it all boils down to who stared the altercation, as Trayvon Martin had just as much right to stand his ground as George Zimmerman. The fact that the armed George Zimmerman followed unarmed Trayvon Martin and had no reason to be between houses other than to follow Trayvon Martin, is a known liar who was frustrated with black males and crime in his neighborhood among other things is reason to doubt his word, which is all there is to go on. The witness only saw part of the fight. No one but George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin know what happened from beginning to end. Why should we believe a man who has every reason to lie? On top of that, the investigator thought he should have been arrested for manslaughter early on.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:43 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,319,556 times
Not near as serious as being shot dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Zimmerman had his head "bashed in?" One would think that would be serious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.