Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,564,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Salivating idiots gunning for a confrontation don't call the cops ahead of time.

DUH!
and people that fear for their life don't get out of the car to try to track a person down either.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Good find, helenejen! Read some of the comments, since this is an online version of the Daily Mail in the UK.

"Once again I ask ... How's that "Guns don't kill people" thing working out for you America???"

"Hey USA - its not the 18th century anymore. The citizens of the rest of the free world don't need personal weapons to protect their freedom, and neither do you. Grow up, admit your stupid gun laws don't work, and do something about it."

"Is it legally allowable for morons to carry guns over there?"

"I still can't believe people are allowed to walk round with guns in the first place it's madness. He shot three people!"
I suppose that the UK is just envious that we are fortunate enough to have an assortment of hillbillies, hicks and rednecks.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:21 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,818,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and people that fear for their life don't get out of the car to try to track a person down either.
He wasn't in fear for his life until he was on his back.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:24 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,165,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
He wasn't in fear for his life until he was on his back.
Then he should have stayed on his arse...in his car.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,924,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I suppose that the UK is just envious that we are fortunate enough to have an assortment of hillbillies, hicks and rednecks.
The anti-gun agenda is becoming clearer and clearer. Y'all don't really care about justice.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Default Serino reassigned to patrol job

The lead Sanford police investigator in the Trayvon Martin shooting was transferred Tuesday from detective work to being a simple street cop, the department confirmed. Chris Serino had asked for the change, the department said.

Trayvon Martin Investigator Serino: Lead police investigator in Trayvon shooting reassigned - Orlando Sentinel

Old 06-27-2012, 05:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,372,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The lead Sanford police investigator in the Trayvon Martin shooting was transferred Tuesday from detective work to being a simple street cop, the department confirmed. Chris Serino had asked for the change, the department said.

Trayvon Martin Investigator Serino: Lead police investigator in Trayvon shooting reassigned - Orlando Sentinel

After reading that poor excuse of a report he wrote, he should have been demoted.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:49 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,925 times
Quote:
In reverse order---

3. There was blood on gz's jacket and shirt. Both were sent to the crime lab for analysis of the blood stains.

2. True. I guess with all the punching and banging, many would expect more bruises or marks on tm. Will work against the defense.

1. I'm with you, haven't heard of blood on the concrete. Maybe it was there and we just haven't heard ? If it turns out there wasn't blood on the sidewalk and gz has to change that crucial part of the story, serious problem for defense.

imo.
Thanks for that, I hadn't seen anything about the blood on GZ's clothes. The sidewalk is a bigger question.

One other thing that is continually brought up is Trayvon's football activity. From everything I've read, he stopped playing football when he was around 14. This could be due to his slender physique and light weight, don't know. I can only imagine in that Miami area there are far larger kids around to play football.

Another troubling thing to piece together is the distance between where the body was found and the sidewalk. Not to mention GZ's sworn police statement about the rather bizarre nature of him holding Trayvon's arms out to his side on the ground, after he had shot him. I don;t have the link, but at the scene, it was reported that Trayvon was found, face down in the grass, with his arms underneath him.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:55 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,419,678 times
Quote:

The information in your link certainly gives the impression that the investigation was completed and a decision had been made there wasn't enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman. From your link.

Serino headed the much-criticized investigation that, once it was concluded, left police department managers convinced they did not have enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:39 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The information in your link certainly gives the impression that the investigation was completed and a decision had been made there wasn't enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman. From your link.

Serino headed the much-criticized investigation that, once it was concluded, left police department managers convinced they did not have enough evidence to arrest Zimmerman.
I don't now what that writer's talking about. It's a fact that Serino requested an arrest warrant on 3/13. Based on your many years in the legal field, do you think an investigator sent the request to the state attorney behind the back of police department 'managers' ?

Most of his capias request was redacted, so it's impossible to compare it with the affidavit Corey submitted. Maybe he made the mistake of including exculpatory information. Maybe they feel he did a rotten job, or that he's the one who leaked info.

None of that changes another fact --- the investigation did not end on the night of the killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies