Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,683,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think there will be any justice in this case unless one side or the other can prove their story with forensics.

If Zimmerman is convicted it'll be based on pressure/fear from the public. Look how people treated the Casey Anthony jury.
If he's found innocent, I doubt he'll have any normalcy in his life anytime soon.
I disagree with your statement that it will be pressure or fear that convicts Zimmerman.
There seems to be plenty of evidence (and Zimmerman's own testimony) that will convict him.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,418,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I disagree with your statement that it will be pressure or fear that convicts Zimmerman.
There seems to be plenty of evidence (and Zimmerman's own testimony) that will convict him.
Which evidence?

16,235 posts, read 25,316,540 times
You take my post literally. Read it again, maybe you'll note that I said....He is guilty of killing a 17 year old, he has admitted that. What is being decided is whether it is justified w/in SYG laws for the State of Florida. What I stated is not my verdict, it is fact. You've gotten your disclaimer out, np.
Differences of opinions are what opinion forums are about. I respect everyone's ability to have one. But, I take very seriously the fact that a teen died at the hands of an individual that wasn't given to thinking thru the consequences of his inappropriate actions....Beyond a reasonable doubt.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Jan, I appreciate your frustration and what you are trying to explain, but I never said he was "guilty" in any of my posts. I said that he killed Trayvon Martin, which is something we all know. I also said that I believe he is emotionally unstable, since he is much too involved with police matters.

Anyway, I am only posting in response to what you wrote, because I don't think we should say "he's guilty - put him away!" until there is a trial and all the evidence is presented to a jury. Yes, he definitely killed a 17 year old teenager and IMO he never should have followed him in the dark. In fact, nobody in his right mind would follow someone he truly believed was dangerous, which is why I think George isn't all there. I believe he wanted to catch a would-be burglar and get an attaboy, but his plan backfired.

Do I think the man is a cold-blooded killer? No, I don't. I have to agree with those who say that we can share ideas and opinions on this board, since it has no bearing on the verdict, but let's not convict him, even in the court of public opinion, until we hear all the evidence. My posts about SYG in Florida were to explain how I see the law written, not to convict him of murder. As I've said before, I think he's guilty of negligent homicide. I doubt if he meant to kill anyone, but I honestly don't know what happened that night or what was in his mind when he left his car. Unfortunately, Zimmerman is the only living eyewitness.

812 posts, read 597,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think there will be any justice in this case unless one side or the other can prove their story with forensics.

If Zimmerman is convicted it'll be based on pressure/fear from the public. Look how people treated the Casey Anthony jury.
If he's found innocent, I doubt he'll have any normalcy in his life anytime soon.
You kidding this kid is destined to be rich if acquitted as he surely will be, never have to work again that's for sure! Tou can thank Revrund Al,Revrund Jesse and the black KKK for that, you betcha!

13,186 posts, read 12,359,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where and when did 'all' the 'trigger-happy gunwielding right-wingers' say this?

certainly not on this thread

lie detector tests can't be used in FL courts anyway.
So what was the purpose of reporting that he had one done

Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM

798 posts, read 1,037,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
where and when did 'all' the 'trigger-happy gunwielding right-wingers' say this?

certainly not on this thread

lie detector tests can't be used in FL courts anyway.
Yes. It was an exaggeration. Thank you for pointing that out. Clearly the people I'm describing aren't representative of the whole (people who defend Zimmerman).

Where did I get it? Oh, just scrolling through the comments section of HuffPo. If you read several of the comments, they state that Z-man is innocent because he passed a lie detector test the next date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama
Where can I find those trigger-happy gun-wielding right wing sites ? Sound like fun.
Don't go to any because I wouldn't fit in as I am black. Also I don't agree with what they are saying. Don't spend my time looking for a fight. But thank you for singling out the most meaningless part of my post.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:11 AM

812 posts, read 597,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
No but a lie det test can sure go a long way in z proving his innocence to his persecutors. Poor guy is reaching out and who wouldn't? This is the biggest offense to the cause of self defense in a hundred years!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:16 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,418,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
You kidding this kid is destined to be rich if acquitted as he surely will be, never have to work again that's for sure! Tou can thank Revrund Al,Revrund Jesse and the black KKK for that, you betcha!
I doubt it. He may get some support from the same people who donated to his legal defense but I doubt he'll get enough money to never have to work again. I can't imagine any network doing a movie about this; not even Lifetime and they do movies about everybody. Maybe he'll write a book about his experience.

Either way I just don't see rich in his future. I could be wrong; but I don't see it.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,359,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
That is because he felt responsible to those that entrusted him to make those calls as he felt necessary.
Now some of you may not lve in neighborhoods where young thugs are allowed to run free without any kind of parental supervision and break into your home to get your prized jewelry or valuables in order to buy drugs and get your freeloader kicks.

I for one would be very happy to have concerned neighbors that might look out for young roaming thugs that are breaking into neighborhood homes.

Some of you here that indite z would be the first to weep and throw yourself on the ground if one of these young punks broke in and stole your cracker jack rings. What a bunch of hypocrites!

Yes, but at what cost? Are you saying that you would feel better if you had a bunch of armed zealots, racists or even complete idiots running arounfd in your neighborhood under the guise of protecting you from the "thugs"? There is a difference between wanting to be safe and paranoia

Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM

53,168 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
why don't you ask the reporters who reported it?

don't you think this is relevant information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.