Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM

507 posts, read 1,539,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Were Trayvons screams for help, before or after he neat the hell out of Martin?
I see you are well informed, I'll be sure to pay extra special attention to your posts

Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,561,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Exactly. According to one of the witnesses, Zimmerman's demeanor was decidedly nonchalant immediately after the shooting. "Just call my wife, tell her I shot someone." If I were busy yelling for help for 18 seconds only to be forced into a position where I had to kill someone or be killed, I would expect to still be pretty distraught after the encounter.
Exactly! That to me doesn't sound normal. If he shot someone in self defense I would think that he would be a nervous wreck not so matter of fact. I remember once I ran over a squirrel and I was so upset.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 PM

507 posts, read 1,539,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I guess everything has to be an argument with some people.

Trayvon's FATHER said it was NOT his voice.

IF the guys on the state's witness list are called, I'll get a day's worth of chuckles as the FBI destroys the credibility of their so-called tests and expertise. Those turkeys never even tested tm's voice. Their never even seen tests could show it was a 3rd person yelling for help.

Common sense is gz wouldn't let tm scream for 18 seconds before shooting. You WANT the evidence to show tm knew gz had a gun. Doesn't yet, probably never will. Of course the yelling stopped when the shot was fired. gz was safe Watson.

The parents will face a few embarassing moments, but their tears will be icing on the cake. No jury will acquit gz, regardless of the evidence.
Stupid and mean is a horrible combo.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I can think of a few people right off the top of my head whose verdicts were not in the least affected by public opinion. The obvious one is, of course, Casey Anthony. Maybe she didn't murder her baby, but I still can't understand why anyone would wait 31 days to report a missing toddler. Most people panic when they can't find their pets. Claus von Bulow was acquitted after his appeal and a 2nd trial. Both of these defendants were vilified by the press and the general public. What about actor Robert Blake? Nancy Grace had him convicted of murder and executed by the time the case went to trial, but he was found not guilty. Most of the time (not always) it is the evidence that sends someone to prison. I don't know what will happen to George Zimmerman. I hope he gets a fair trial and is only judged on the evidence. However, Zimmerman has damaged his credibility by lying and being sneaky, and that's certainly nobody's fault but his own.
The only relevant comparison is Anthony and even that's bad. For one, this isn't a whodunit. There will be enough ambiguity for a jury to convict if it wants to, and the jury will want to. IMO.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,022,932 times
Quote:
The Force is definitely with you. The Force of the State of Florida and the feds and public opinion and the bulk of media. Way more than enough to send a guy like gz to prison.
George Zimmerman has done a fine job of wrecking the lives of Trayvon's parents as well as those of his wife and friends as well as his own. Who made him leave his vehicle? Who made him shoot someone in the heart? Who made his father lie about George's "squeaky clean" record? Who made Zimmerman lie about the money he'd collected? Who made him head to Target with a 9mm and hollow points? This isn't the Lincoln County War and Billy the Kid; reality is more immediate and brutal, and far less romanticized. Everything happening to George Zimmerman now is a direct result of his own actions, and he should take personal responsibility for that. It would seem that mendacity is not new to the Zimmermans. It may disgruntle you, but the responsibility doesn't lie with me, the media, or the millions of people who have asked that the judicial system examine the actions of George Zimmerman. Too often George Zimmerman was absolved of responsibility for his aggression; this time he ran smack into a wall of his own creation. Like it or not, Zimmerman made himself the judge, jury and executioner of Trayvon Martin. Now he'll face justice from a jury of his peers...that's a much better deal than the one he gave Trayvon Martin.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:47 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Quote:
The only relevant comparison is Anthony and even that's bad. For one, this isn't a whodunit. There will be enough ambiguity for a jury to convict if it wants to, and the jury will want to. IMO.
This statement makes no sense to me. When does a judge instruct a jury to convict if there's ambiguity? I thought they need to convict "beyond a reasonable doubt." Is this just an excuse should GZ be found guilty? In other words, "He was completely innocent, but the jury didn't like him."

I won't go off-topic to discuss in detail the Casey Anthony trial on this thread, but I cannot believe you think the jury didn't want to convict her. There was a heck of a lot less ambiguity in that case. Also, she was the most hated woman in the world at that time. People were gathered in Orlando to protest and many were crying "Justice for Caylee." She still was found not guilty. Maybe you have a poor memory.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,521,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This statement makes no sense to me. When does a judge instruct a jury to convict if there's ambiguity? I thought they need to convict "beyond a reasonable doubt." Is this just an excuse should GZ be found guilty? In other words, "He was completely innocent, but the jury didn't like him."

I won't go off-topic to discuss in detail the Casey Anthony trial on this thread, but I cannot believe you think the jury didn't want to convict her. There was a heck of a lot less ambiguity in that case. Also, she was the most hated woman in the world at that time. People were gathered in Orlando to protest and many were crying "Justice for Caylee." She still was found not guilty. Maybe you have a poor memory.
You see things I don't write.

If you want to compare the Anthony and gz cases, start a thread somewhere. We could start with if anyone asked the prez a question about Anthony.

You believe juries understand and stick strictly to the instructions ? This jury will know bard Who didit. The toughest question in Most murder cases is already answered.

My memory is as good as someone who forgets where to find peanut butter in a supermarket, tyvm.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,930,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's possible Zimmerman had the gun concealed, and Martin punched him, so Zimmerman screamed for help. then Martin hit him repeatedly and Zimmerman screamed again. It's possible Zimmerman pulled and fired the guy after futile attempts to stop the beating he was taking.

In other words, he screamed for help, and only used the gun as a last resort.
It's possible, but it's not probable.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,249,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
George Zimmerman has done a fine job of wrecking the lives of Trayvon's parents as well as those of his wife and friends as well as his own. Who made him leave his vehicle? Who made him shoot someone in the heart? Who made his father lie about George's "squeaky clean" record? Who made Zimmerman lie about the money he'd collected? Who made him head to Target with a 9mm and hollow points? This isn't the Lincoln County War and Billy the Kid; reality is more immediate and brutal, and far less romanticized. Everything happening to George Zimmerman now is a direct result of his own actions, and he should take personal responsibility for that. It would seem that mendacity is not new to the Zimmermans. It may disgruntle you, but the responsibility doesn't lie with me, the media, or the millions of people who have asked that the judicial system examine the actions of George Zimmerman. Too often George Zimmerman was absolved of responsibility for his aggression; this time he ran smack into a wall of his own creation. Like it or not, Zimmerman made himself the judge, jury and executioner of Trayvon Martin. Now he'll face justice from a jury of his peers...that's a much better deal than the one he gave Trayvon Martin.
Pretty much the entire gist of this case in one concise, eloquent paragraph. Reps are in order.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,022,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Exactly! Don't forget, we think Trayvon Martin is an angel on Earth simply because we do not believe that Trayvon Martin smoking marijuana, carrying a screwdriver or jewelry gave Zimmerman the right to kill him with a bag of skittles and iced tea in his pocket while walking around "looking about". Also, because we don't post fake videos and photoshopped Faceboook messages and disgrace and attack the character of a deceased teenage boy, we are media followers who love Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. On top of that, because we see a problem with Zimmerman calling the police so many times, following Trayvon Martin with a gun on him despite being told not to and that his location and the location of the fight don't add up to "walking back to his truck" or "looking for a street name", and believe that Trayvon Martin was probably the one standing his ground and feared for his life, rather than thinking he is a thug who lurked behind a building (which Zimmerman should have been nowhere near) and attacked a man that was following him for no reason whatsoever, we are called Trayvon zombies. Oh and because we refuse to overlook Zimmerman and his wife's lies or their relevance to this case when his defense is basically based on his word, which apparently isn't worth much.
Amazing, ain't it? I hadn't realized that justice is a bad thing, but it's clear that Martin's death would have gone unnoticed except by those who loved him had it not been for the national attention the case finally received. If it took protests to get the Sanford PD to take this seriously, then so be it. Whatever it takes, because most of us don't want to have to live in a country where a jerk with preconceived beliefs can kill an innocent kid and walk away free. Zimmerman has made his bed...let him lie in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies