Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,957,689 times

Advertisements

Here's another article. I posted this in April. This is from a web site called

[URL="http://www.warriortalknews.com/2012/04/commentary-the-zimmerman-martin-shooting.html"]WARRIOR TALK NEWS[/URL]

Advancing the art of combat shooting and self-defense since 1995

"I teach my students that they should seek “distance from disorder” in their lives, and unless something shocks the consciousness of humanity, to mind their own business. Now I will also tell you that there is a vast gulf of difference between a suspicious black kid walking around the neighborhood, and an active shooter killing people in a restaurant. One is none of your personal business and more of a job for the police, the other…if you happen to be there, is in fact your business and your action can save many lives."

I guess these people are anti-gun *******s too?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,813,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
A watch? I'm speechless.

I wasn't going to elaborate, but let me use this link to show how ridiculous you sound. It's from a gun site that promotes concealed weapons.

The Trayvon Martin Killing - USA Carry
Read your link. I don't see how it illustrates your point as regards to mine.
Yeah, to somebody accustomed to carrying, it's like wearing a watch.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Here's another article. I posted this in April. This is from a web site called

WARRIOR TALK NEWS

Advancing the art of combat shooting and self-defense since 1995

"I teach my students that they should seek “distance from disorder” in their lives, and unless something shocks the consciousness of humanity, to mind their own business. Now I will also tell you that there is a vast gulf of difference between a suspicious black kid walking around the neighborhood, and an active shooter killing people in a restaurant. One is none of your personal business and more of a job for the police, the other…if you happen to be there, is in fact your business and your action can save many lives."

I guess these people are anti-gun *******s too?
Seems to me your quote supports my point.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Sorry....but your wrong. It is ok for a civilian to follow someone. You are not breaking the law if you follow someone down the street in your neighborhood or anywhere else. There is no law against it. And please dont use the "stalking" law because it does not apply. Stalking implies the REPEATED following of an individual. I can confront you in my neighborhood....I can ask you questions...its NOT illegal to do so. You can answer, refuse to answer, walk away or anything else but start a physical altercation. The big question is who started the physical altercation. If it was Zimmerman...then he is guilty. If it was Martin then SYG will apply.
Bottom line: The court and jury will decide based on the evidence. It wont be decided on this forum by those who think they know all the evidence.
Zimmerman has NOT been charged with stalking, so get over it. Also, the state is going to have various pieces of evidence which they will try to use to show what happened that night; ALL the various pieces of evidence will be used TOGETHER to try to prove the charge of 2nd degree murder. The FACT that following someone is NOT illegal, specifically, will have no effect on the whole story which is presented to the jury. When you fragment the evidence, you miss the point.

Btw, if this thing goes to trial, a JURY WILL DECIDE.
If it goes to an immunity hearing, the JUDGE WILL DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT IT WAS SYG.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Read your link. I don't see how it illustrates your point as regards to mine.
Yeah, to somebody accustomed to carrying, it's like wearing a watch.
No, it isn't. A watch does not carry with it a lot of personal responsibility. It cannot kill. Please - no jokes about "killing time."

Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is many of those with concealed weapons permits carry guns practically all the time. You do not call the cops before you commit murder.
Which is, of course, the purpose of having a permit. The way some folks act stupid wondering why someone carries a gun, well, DOH!

If you don't have it on you when you need it, you might as well lock it up and call it a useless trophy.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
No, it isn't. A watch does not carry with it a lot of personal responsibility. It cannot kill. Please - no jokes about "killing time."
Promise.

8,560 posts, read 6,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I agree with those responsible gunowners. Zimmerman behaved recklessly, not illegally.
Whether or not Zimmerman's actions were illegal has yet to be determined. He behaed recklessly and at some point we will know whether or not he broke the law while behaving recklessly. He has been arrested. He is in jail. That means that the State of Florida, based on their investigation, believe he broke the law, did something illegal. If this were a clear cut case of SYG, Zimmerman's attorney would have already asked for an immunity hearing and probably Zimmerman would be free. Do you think Zimmerman's TWO ATTORNEYS are stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Seems to me your quote supports my point.

What don't you understand about:

"There is a vast gulf of difference between a suspicious black kid walking around the neighborhood, and an active shooter killing people in a restaurant."

Both articles talk about the responsibilities of gun ownership. I've never once read an article that says "it's just like wearing a watch."

Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Whether or not Zimmerman's actions were illegal has yet to be determined. He behaed recklessly and at some point we will know whether or not he broke the law while behaving recklessly. He has been arrested. He is in jail. That means that the State of Florida, based on their investigation, believe he broke the law, did something illegal. If this were a clear cut case of SYG, Zimmerman's attorney would have already asked for an immunity hearing and probably Zimmerman would be free. Do you think Zimmerman's TWO ATTORNEYS are stupid?
Don't you know that only City-Data posters have all the answers? The defense attorneys, the prosecutors, the judge... none of them really understand the law. I'm surprised you don't understand this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.