Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 01:24 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,214,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
So you are saying that it has been confirmed somewhere that the discussion about lean came from Trayvon Martin's Facebook account? Just because he had a Facebook account under that name does not mean these photos posted on right wing blogs contain text that was written by him. Where has anyone confirmed that those posts about lean came from his keyboard? Just because you believe that it came from his account doesn't make it so. Prove that it came from his account. Right wing blogs posting pictures do not count. Even if he did post that, how is that relevant to the case?

You seem to think you know everything. You said "The facts that you believe are relevant are absolutely irrelevant to the case"...So you believe that you know what is relevant and anyone who disagrees with your OPINION is ignorant and doesn't know what they're talking about? Based on your assumptions there would be no case but clearly there is one. Neither one of us knows all of the facts and the fact that George Zimmerman exited his vehicle to follow Trayvon and the possibility that he initiated the confrontation and put his hands on Trayvon Martin first is relevant.

It is not as cut and dry as you are trying to make this out to be and you nor anyone else on this planet knows exactly what is going to happen. You don't know of every witness account. You are not a forensic expert. You do not have access to all of the evidence. You are not a lawyer. So what credentials do you have where you can determine the outcome of a court case without knowing all of the facts? Are you psychic?
Lean isn't relevant, but the facebook postings are easily accessible from archives on the internet. Google how to look it up. That account was confirmed to be his personal facebook while he was alive.

Additionally, George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, along with his family. So where do you get off saying this is a political issue?

Nevermind, I see that there is a bias here towards the hispanic George Zimmerman. Trayvon Martin Day Declared at D.C. Elementary School

Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Lean isn't relevant, but the facebook postings are easily accessible from archives on the internet. Google how to look it up. That account was confirmed to be his personal facebook while he was alive.

Additionally, George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, along with his family. So where do you get off saying this is a political issue?

Nevermind, I see that there is a bias here towards the hispanic George Zimmerman. Trayvon Martin Day Declared at D.C. Elementary School

Once again, photoshopping someone's Facebook user name and adding your own text doesn't mean it was the actual user who said it. So Trayvon had an account under Trayvon Slimm Martin (or something like that) I am not disputing that - there is no proof that the posts about lean came from him. There is NO CONFIRMATION of this, but I think you know that. Yet you continue to post unverified information as if it is fact. In other words lying. You and George Zimmerman have something in common.

I know how to use Google and it cannot be proven that those were Trayvon Martin's words. The only sites claiming they are are run by right wing nut jobs. If it could proven, I am sure you would have posted a link and I am sure that it would have made Fox News at prime time. So stop posting lies as if they are true, if it can't be proven that those were Trayvon Martin's word, it isn't a fact.

I don't care if George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat. It isn't a political issue but the gun worshippers have made it one. I believe it is a moral issue personally. Furthermore, my post sarcastic post says what? I see you posted in the same thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/24458345-post2.html with your BS about lean. If Trayvon Martin drank something referred to as lean, so what - it doesn't mean he deserved to die. You are stating your opinion, which is based on speculation just like myself and everyone in this thread. The difference between you and I is that I do value human life and I believe that Trayvon Martin deserves justice whether GZ is acquitted or sent to prison for the rest of his life. You seem angry that this case has even gone to a court room. Trayvon Martin was someone's child and just because George Zimmerman says he killed him in self defense doesn't make it so.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

There hasn't even been a hint that Trayvon Martin was engaged in or attempting to engage in any criminal activity on the night that he was killed. Yet the bias seen in the five threads concerning the incident has certainly been against a 17 year-old, while the very real problems that George Zimmerman had with law enforcement are ignored or downplayed. No kid is going to write about getting illegal drugs on a social networking site, but posters here claim that they're authentic, as they did with the fake pictures of Trayvon Martin. Perhaps that's why some people have no problem dismissing the lies that Zimmerman told under oath; it's understandable to them. A review of Zimmerman's police reports shows him listed as white, as he was listed on the PD report the night of the killing; only one document describes him as Hispanic. Zimmerman was ultimately arrested because his various accounts of what occurred don't match the evidence, especially the forensic evidence. None of us will know until next year exactly what that evidence consists of. One point may be that the bullet's trajectory was straight in, front to back. One would logically expect a diagonal trajectory if, as Zimmerman claims, Martin was astride his body and pummeling him. There are many interesting aspects to this case, but one of them is not trying to establish that Martin somehow deserved to die that night. That type of thinking might be expected from a white supremacist, but people who are genuinely interested in seeing the totality of the evidence and what the jury makes of it tend to think that none of this would have happened had Zimmerman followed the advice of the dispatcher and waited for the police to arrive. People who can't comprehend that a life was cut short and that an unnecessary death is tragic are beyond grasping logic. One might wonder why people are so very familiar with "purple drank."

Old 06-08-2012, 02:19 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Once again, photoshopping someone's Facebook user name and adding your own text doesn't mean it was the actual user who said it. So Trayvon had an account under Trayvon Slimm Martin (or something like that) I am not disputing that - there is no proof that the posts about lean came from him. There is NO CONFIRMATION of this, but I think you know that. Yet you continue to post unverified information as if it is fact. In other words lying. You and George Zimmerman have something in common.

I know how to use Google and it cannot be proven that those were Trayvon Martin's words. The only sites claiming they are are run by right wing nut jobs. If it could proven, I am sure you would have posted a link and I am sure that it would have made Fox News at prime time. So stop posting lies as if they are true, if it can't be proven that those were Trayvon Martin's word, it isn't a fact.

I don't care if George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat. It isn't a political issue but the gun worshippers have made it one. I believe it is a moral issue personally. Furthermore, my post sarcastic post says what? I see you posted in the same thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/24458345-post2.html with your BS about lean. If Trayvon Martin drank something referred to as lean, so what - it doesn't mean he deserved to die. You are stating your opinion, which is based on speculation just like myself and everyone in this thread. The difference between you and I is that I do value human life and I believe that Trayvon Martin deserves justice whether GZ is acquitted or sent to prison for the rest of his life. You seem angry that this case has even gone to a court room. Trayvon Martin was someone's child and just because George Zimmerman says he killed him in self defense doesn't make it so.
Obviously, I agree completely. I'm sorry that I can't rep you again so soon.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:04 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
when buying a cell phone, make sure they don't assign you george zimmerman's old number.

Quote:
A Florida man was bombarded with menacing messages and death threats after he was mistakenly given George Zimmerman’s former cell phone number.

Junior Alexander Guy, 49, signed up for his first phone with T-Mobile last month and quickly started receiving a barrage of abusive voicemail messages.

“You murderer!” one anonymous caller said.

“You deserve to die!” charged another.

Guy says he received up to 70 harassing phonecalls and moved out of his home and relocated his mother for fear of reprisals.

Man with George Zimmerman’s old phone number harassed for the Trayvon Martin slaying

Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Many posters have parroted the killer's statement about his head being smashed on the pavement, yet I listened to a witness on TV state that the fight took place in the grass by his window, away from the pavement. Did georgie boy concoct a story to save his butt from prison? I don't know, and we may never know the truth about what happened that night.
If there Aren't any blood stains on the sidewalk, I'll think that will be physical evidence against gz's version of events. If there Are blood stains it won't help him one bit with you IAmTrayvons. You'll simply say he banged his head on the sidewalk, or blood dripped there after he shot tm, or a racist cop planted it, etc. The same scenario as with with the non-existent injuries --- from 'prove it' to 'it doesn't matter.' Facts be darned. There's always, 'Trayvon didn't deserve to die' to fall back on.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:20 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
This case is going to be a big waste of money, because Zimmerman will beat this flimsy case. Then the blacks will riot and break/burn a bunch of stuff.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This cracks me. Someone who overoverover reminds everyone of the unreliability of eyewitness testimony, relying on the testimony of an earwitness without the reminder of unreliability.

That witness also could 'hear the grass.' Probably no mention of get off until the prosecutor meeting. On a call disconnected several times. She heard, 'a little bit, tm saying get off, get off.' She might be telling the absolute truth, but wanted to send the witness credibility caveat your way.

imo.
Cracks me up that some people just seem to sit and wait for any slight opportunity to criticize my position. Are we in a competition that I don't know about? Btw, was the interview of the girl by the prosecutor under oath? The possible scenario I posted does not mean that I have changed my attitude and understanding in any way that eye witness testimony is probably the most unreliable evidence out there.

However, that fact does not change the additional fact that eye witnesses are called to testify in criminal cases. Those eye witnesses will be cross examined if they testify; and in the case of the friend on the phone with Trayvon, the defense will have every opportunity to destroy her credibility during cross examination. Not to mention that they will mostly likely take her deposition prior to trial and pin down her testimony, so confronting her on the witness stand won't be the first opportunity for the defense to question this girl. The same is true for all the other state's witnesses, as well as defense witnesses. So we will see who comes off as most convincing to the jury.

Seems to me that they can pin down the time of her phone conversation with Trayvon and compare it to the time the gunshot was heard on the 911 calls; it does appear that she and George Zimmerman may have been the last people to ever speak to Trayon.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
This case is going to be a big waste of money, because Zimmerman will beat this flimsy case. Then the blacks will riot and break/burn a bunch of stuff.
Call it a 200 year overdue settlement.

:joking: :joking:

Old 06-08-2012, 03:45 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

"The blacks"...you do know that many black people have been killed by non-blacks since Rodney King, right? There have been many cases where the killers where acquitted and no riots, but apparently this is how you view "the blacks" as violent savages who deserve to be killed. If Zimmerman does not beat this case, are you and others going to come back to this thread or whatever thread is active on this subject at the time and admit that you are wrong?

One difference between the Trayvon supporters and the Zimmerman supporters I have noticed is that the GZ supporters keep saying things like the case is flimsy, it will never make it to a jury and the prosecutor was wrong, while the TM supporters keep saying that they want justice and that GZ shoudn't get away with murder simply because he claimed self defense. I have yet to have heard one TM supporter matter of factly state what the outcome of this case will be. This just goes to show the difference in sentiment. The TM are empathetic people who wanted an investigation and a trial while the GZ supporters want to prove that Trayvon Martin was a thug that deserved to die because and somehow believe that if GZ doesn't get away with this it has something to do with the second amendment and that someone will try to take way their guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies