Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Oh. So you take resality TV over official government stats?

-

It would be if percentages were even close. Blacks make 40% of prison population while making 13% of total population.

I know but when you realize that there is more Blacks in prison than enrolled in college you understand where the generalizations are coming from

I see that you enjoy using cliches without thinking about their origins. Let me take you to school on this one. The reason that it "seems" like there are more in jail than in college is simple, you need money and a solid high school education to get in and graduate from college unlike the prison system which has an overabundance of poor uneducated people filling them. Now who are the most affected by any ripple in the financial aspects of this country, thats right the poor. now I'm sure that you can add so I leave it up to you to figure the rest out

Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If we're assigning blame due to race, then how about we assign blame for the assassinations and murdering of hundreds of thousands of Native Americans in this country. How about the fact that their land was acquired through trickery.

How about the Holocaust? What about the Japanese (Asians) in WW2.

See how unfair that is??
You forget we are not talking about historical events from the past but about wheat is happening right here right now, often just a few miles from picturesque communities.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:47 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,440 times
Zimmerman is a habitual liar. He lied that night and lied in court and will continue to lie....he just can''t help himself.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times
Quote:
I would wait for the courts to make that determination. You can't, right? Justice has to be "on your side".
I'm well acquainted with how the justice system works. The fact is that Martin is dead now. He was the victim of a shooting. That's simply a fact. He's dead. I'm sure he didn't want to die. He didn't kill himself. He was the victim of a shooting. He got shot.

Whether or not Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in self-defense will be determined by the courts in the future, either at an immunity hearing, or a trial. Assuming that Zimmerman does not decide to plead guilty if the State offers him a plea deal.

I'm also well acquainted with the presumption of innocence which I support wholeheartedly. I always thought "Lady Justice" wore a blindfold. Justice doesn't have a "side."

Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is interesting that you are able to read statistical numbers when it suits you but you still do not able to comprehend what you are actually reading.

You are not just prejuiced but not well read either, I say this because the 37% of all the alledged crime are the ones who were caught. Now this leads into another question, why are so many blacks sitting in jail?
Lets go down the line:

1. Inadequate council - Many first time offenders are intimated by the legal system and many get poor lawyers better referred to as "public pretenders" that talk possibly innocent people to cop a plea for something that they did not do.

Ex: A youngman that went to jail for 5 years for a made up rape case and was told by his lawyer not to go to trial because he would lose and get more years.....he took the plea

2. Lazy/racist police officers - there are many cases were it is easy to pick up a black suspect and accuse him/her of something that they did not do and let the courts pass judgement (see #1)

Ex: The Trayvon Martin case, when was the last time someone killed another person and was allowed to leave the jailhouse based on their word?

3. Racist jurors/judges - There are some jurors who by their own admissions are prejuiced and or racist, this goes for judges as well.

Ex: The federal judge that said the President's mother screwed a dog in order to conceive him.....AND HE IS STILL ON THE BENCH!

Now if you want to go by crimes that affect the population as a whole why are'nt you mentioning the numerous white bankers, CEOs and law makers that have been systematically destroying lives by taking their life savings and leaving them destitute and limiting their medical options and in many cases having fatal results.

Here is a question for you why is it when a black commits a crime against another black (btw are also the biggest victims as well) it i called "black on black crime" but when other ethnicities do the same thing it is just crime? How many times have you heard white on white crime? or Asian on Asian crime?
Sure. All of this only affects Blacks and nobody else. Sure.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Ok I'll bite, So why exactly did zimmerman follow Trayvon and not whites or latinos? Black were not the only ones breaking into peoples homes. zimmerman has already been caught making racist statements as well as making them in his fb pages
Maybe beacause there were no whites wearing hooddies and sneaking behind houses?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Trayvon Martin Case Updates: 2 Judges Recuse, "graphic pictures" of Zimmerman's Injuries, Bond set at $150K

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I'm well acquainted with how the justice system works. The fact is that Martin is dead now. He was the victim of a shooting. That's simply a fact. He's dead. I'm sure he didn't want to die. He didn't kill himself. He was the victim of a shooting. He got shot.
You see, you do it again. You already know who was the attacker and who a victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Whether or not Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in self-defense will be determined by the courts in the future, either at an immunity hearing, or a trial. Assuming that Zimmerman does not decide to plead guilty if the State offers him a plea deal.

I'm also well acquainted with the presumption of innocence which I support wholeheartedly. I always thought "Lady Justice" wore a blindfold. Justice doesn't have a "side."

It does: you already know who's the victim here...

Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I would wait for the courts to make that determination. You can't, right? Justice has to be "on your side". You already knew who was guilty when you first heard the story. For you is the same all story all over again. Being victims is part of identity.
Since you edited your post AFTER I responded to it the first time, let me continue.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I didn't know who was "guilty" when I heard the story the first time, NOR do I know who is guilty now. I won't form that opinion until I hear the evidence put on by both the State and the Defendant. At this point, my position has been, don't be so sure that what you've read or heard in the media is ALL the evidence the State has in this case. I'm waiting to see their case presented in court or an immunity hearing.

FYI, I'm white. When you continue to post about victim identity, WHO are you talking about? Whites? Blacks? Victims of auto accidents? Victims of war? Victims of domestic violence? Who?

Old 06-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You see, you do it again. You already know who was the attacker and who a victim

It does: you already know who's the victim here...
Yes, I do know who is a victim. The dead guy. Certainly the dead guy is more of a victim than the guy who is still alive. You understand what the word "victim" means, don't you? I'd say that being shot and killed was certainly the result of a "destructive or injurious action," whether considered justified in a court of law or not.....wouldn't you?

Of course, this analysis may be outside the realm of your sort of talking points.....I guess no one ever explained exactly why a certain group of people is considered to have a "victim identity" when they were feeding folks this type of right wing talking point.

vic·tim

   [vik-tim] Show IPA
noun 1. a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency: a victim of an automobile accident.

Victim | Define Victim at Dictionary.com

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-11-2012 at 04:31 PM..

Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
The biggest issue was that zimmerman killed someone AND the police tried to cover it up by taking his word for it. Actually it really would not have make a big difference if Trayvon was white or asian if the fact that anyone got away with a murder the way the zimmerman did
The investigation was ongoing. There was insufficient evidence establishing probable cause for an arrest on the night of the killing, in their opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies