Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 08:49 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,240,296 times

Advertisements

Thank you, very informative. And I agree, it is a must see. I appreciate your post, took lots of time. Thanks

Old 07-04-2012, 09:56 PM

190 posts, read 302,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Since Black Americans are barely 13% of the U.S. population, it would only be logical that more crimes are committed by whites.
Exactly. But Blacks break the law more often than whites. Have you ever seen black ghetto? Do you know what is going on there?

Quote:
Just because more Blacks are incarcerated doesn't mean that they necessarily commit so many more crimes, only that whites who are arrested can afford a private attorney.
Sure: all white lowlifes are rich and can afford an attorney while black lowlifes are poor and can't. Do you even believe what you say???

Quote:
Anyplace is a dangerous hellhole if that's how you choose to see it. Other people might understand the connection between poverty, poor education and crime without having to try and denigrate an entire race.
I just dont see how this is anybody's fault and why should anybody else be blamed for the stats showing that blacks have higher propensity to commit crimes and go to jail than whites or Asians.

Now, many whites are fed up with black crime. Enough is enough, people are generally delicious of black males in their neighborhoods, they know the statistics.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Exactly. But Blacks break the law more often than whites. Have you ever seen black ghetto? Do you know what is going on there?

Sure: all white lowlifes are rich and can afford an attorney while black lowlifes are poor and can't. Do you even believe what you say???

I just dont see how this is anybody's fault and why should anybody else be blamed for the stats showing that blacks have higher propensity to commit crimes and go to jail than whites or Asians.

Now, many whites are fed up with black crime. Enough is enough, people are generally delicious of black males in their neighborhoods, they know the statistics.
Let me ask you again because you have evaded answering this question every time I asked it today. Do you think Trayvon deserved to die because he was from a town north of Miami (Miami Gardens) and he was a black kid, so he had to be a bad kid because he was from the Miami area?

If you don't feel tht way, why all the repetitive posts about black crime in cities, and stats about the number of blacks incarcerated? What does this subject have to do with Trayvon Martin? I have told you that national crime statistics report that violent crime is down to the same level if was in 1965. That means LESS violent crime overall.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
One thing surprising to police and crime examiners is this. Neither Zimmerman nor Trayvon had indications on their bodies that they were engaged in a viscous fight that was deemed life-threatening. Trayvon had a small abrasion on his left hand fourth finger, hardly consistent with someone throwing many blows to someone's face or head.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,909,461 times
When there is a gun within armslength of an enraged person you better use it before he does.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:16 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,516,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Favorable only if you believe his story. What ever happened to shoot to wound, rather than kill. George could have stopped this at any point, before it got to a physical confrontation then he shoots to kill??
If you can't see that the short distance of the shot is favorable to gz, you want revenge against him, not Justice for Trayvon. Revenge has a bad reputation, but it's a common human reaction, so don't hide it.

Anyone would admit it'd be over for the defense if the shot was from 4 or 7 or 20 feet. Only a revengist won't even admit that a close range shot helps the defense.

Don't worry, admitting there's a little bit of forensic evidence that's consistent with gz's story won't mean you think Trayvon deserved to die or you're blaming the victim.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, I would rather none of this had happened...But, I do not believe I am the only one not willing to stand by and have some of you annihilate the character of a teen that was doing nothing but walking home at 7pm. For this he got shot and killed by a Rambo wanna be on a mission. It sickens me that there were not neighbors willing to help....if there had been anyone willing to try to stop this altercation George may not have thought he could get away w/ this. I find it somewhat suspicious that folks, some of whom were aware of who George was, did nothing to go out and help. Think folks were afraid of the "hot dogger" that George is??? Seems he has had trouble w/ co-workers and policeman as well as girl friends....A pattern emerges.

look everybody !

we have a C-D poster who knew/knows the two people involved !

nice.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:24 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
After listening to her interview with the SA, I'm not so sure they'll even want her to testify. IMO, she said a few things that will hurt the state.

As to credibility. At one point when she was asked, Did Trayvon ever say, ‘The guy’s coming at me…he’s going to hit me?” her reply was, "yeah…you could say that." The SA reminded her to tell the truth, not what she thought he wanted her to say. The part about hearing tm say 'get off' was laughable IMO. I suppose she'll testify, but not at all effectively

Im quoting your post because you mention the "girlfriend"

if you do a little digging, you'll discover she wasnt the GF, she was a friend. 5 minutes after the shooting she was back to tweeting like nothing was wrong.

You have to dig deep, the prosecution has buried it as much as they can.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,019,994 times
[quote=trialbyfire;25027805]Exactly. But Blacks break the law more often than whites. Have you ever seen black ghetto? Do you know what is going on there?/]

No, they don't. And yes...I lived in a ghetto during nursing school. I never had a problem...maybe because I didn't expect to have any.

[quote=trialbyfire;25027805]Sure: all white lowlifes are rich and can afford an attorney while black lowlifes are poor and can't. Do you even believe what you say???/]

Not everyone who's arrested is a lowlife; some of the most insane criminals are on the streets, looking for kids to abduct or women to kill. Those criminals are almost exclusively white. I find that much more disturbing than a Black person incarcerated for drugs. Do you feel the same distaste for white meth heads?
Do you think before you write? (That's a rhetorical question.)

[quote=trialbyfire;25027805]I just dont see how this is anybody's fault and why should anybody else be blamed for the stats showing that blacks have higher propensity to commit crimes and go to jail than whites or Asians./]

Then you need to educate yourself, huh? Here's a start, and there's much more unbiased information out there:

Study shows racial disparities in prison - USATODAY.com

[quote] In Iowa, blacks are imprisoned at a rate more than double the national average. For every 100,000 people, Iowa incarcerates 309 whites and 4,200 blacks, the study said.

Paul Stageberg, administrator of the Iowa Division of Criminal and Juvenile Justice Planning, said the results are not surprising, but the causes are subject to interpretation.

He said the state's disproportionately high black arrest rates are likely linked to high poverty rates among blacks and lower educational achievement.

In 2001, a governor's task force released a report that said 24% of Iowa prison beds were occupied by black inmates even though blacks comprised just over 2% of the state's population./]

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Now, many whites are fed up with racists, and see them as part of the problem, not part of the solution. And seriously...people are "delicious" of Black males in their neighborhood? LOL! Send me a little Terence Howard or Denzel Washington...that would truly be "delicious."

Old 07-05-2012, 05:58 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,970,498 times
What do you think she's going to say on the stand? Martin was on the phone with her at the time Zimmerman and Martin exchanged words which is damaging to Zimmerman, but then again, his stories have inconsistencies anyway, so it won't be any surprise. What did she Tweet? I have a feeling the prosecution does not have to be concerned about bodies in the closet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im quoting your post because you mention the "girlfriend"

if you do a little digging, you'll discover she wasnt the GF, she was a friend. 5 minutes after the shooting she was back to tweeting like nothing was wrong.

You have to dig deep, the prosecution has buried it as much as they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies