Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,967,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Clearly....We do know that George was the instigator of this horrific event....start to finish.
No, we do not know that. We do not know for certain who initiated the physical assault or why he was provoked to engage in the physical assault.

I shall attempt to resist the provocation and not label my opponents or their arguments. It is a really poor and desperate debate tactic.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM

190 posts, read 303,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And Golden Beach and Sunrise.........and those living in the multi-million dollar condos on Brickell Drive.
That as representative of Miami as Ironbound is of Newark New Jersey. LOL
Why you guys pretend you dont know what is going on?

Let me help you:Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

"With a crime rate of 66 per one thousand residents, Miami has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15. Within Florida, more than 92% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Miami.In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Miami to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A."

There is more, have a nice reading.
Again, is this how black people imagine beautiful cities?

Last edited by Yac; 07-18-2012 at 06:30 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 06:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,698,300 times
I heard the judge will reveal his bond decision tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:00 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,260,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, we do not know that. We do not know for certain who initiated the physical assault or why he was provoked to engage in the physical assault.

I shall attempt to resist the provocation and not label my opponents or their arguments. It is a really poor and desperate debate tactic.
Yes, we do know that. GZ saw TM, deemed him suspicious, called the police and started his pursuit, in roughly that order.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:12 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,544,410 times
Quote:
Please spare us your creative/fiction writing projects about this case. If you are working toward attempting to be a professional writer, you need a LOT more practice before you could consider writing a book about this case.

I thought I would never get through that post, but I did. What did I learn? You don't like inner cities..and you seem to not like young black males......by the way, Miami is a BEAUTIFUL place to live, I know many people who live there and I don't hear about these everyday gang problems you're talking about. I believe Trayvon lived in Miami Gardens if you want to look that up and write a book about that area. However, I can tell you the really dangerous part of Miami; it's called Overtown. It's near the Miami Dade State Attorney's Office and Jackson Memorial Hospital. Actually it's about 8 blocks from where Ronald Popo was napping when that guy came along and destroyed his face! In Overtown, Turf wars, yada, yada, yada, and Trayvon didn't live anywhere close to that little historic city, which is basically in the middle of downtown Miami. Still, Miami is one of the most beautiful places you can imagine to live.
Tm attended a high school with a graduation rate of Under 50%. His mother transferred him to a better school further from their home.

It's pretty unlikely tm lived in one of the BEAUTIFUL places of Miami. No Prince of Bal Harbor.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,355,243 times
I appreciate your right to have an opposing opinion. But what I cannot understand from the Zimmerman Zealots is the denial of George's responsibility in everything that took place from the minute he got into his truck w/ a gun. His own words on the 911 calls tell the story...He escalated his actions, and instigated this whole sad situation. He did not identify himself, even as he escalates and confronts Trayvon. He is being held accountable.
We do not know that Trayvon did anything wrong...George has plenty of reason to say Trayvon hit him first....and we know George lies. We also know George has a criminal record involving multiple assault charges....including one on a police officer. The history of those will hurt him. He perpetuated this whole situation, and he had a gun on his person even as he confronted this teen. I maintain that George would have eventually done this to someone....George was wrong on so many levels. If there is any justice in this world He will be held accountable for his actions that left Trayvon Martin dead on the sidewalk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It was in response to the Lord George crapola. You don't seem shocked when those you agree with resort to calling people racists. Two flawed human beings met up that night. One ended up dead. IMO, when you carry a weapon it is your responsibility to avoid the situation that George got himself into. You should never let a person you have already deemed suspicious get within arms reach of your weapon. As far as I know there is no Florida law enforcing this opinion of mine. The preponderance of the weak evidence favors Martin being the one who first engaged in physical combat. There are too many unknowns in this case to get a conviction. Too much room for reasonable doubt. In my son's case there were two witnesses who saw the whole thing. My son was no saint either.

If you are armed and someone assaults you there is a damn good reason to be afraid for your life. In this circumstance your gun can be used against you. It has happened many times in the past. I don't believe a reasonable person would have engaged in physical combat. Of course, neither I or anyone else besides George really knows what happened in those several seconds where a young man's fate was determined. Nor will we ever know. Too many unknowns; Reasonable doubt.

Don't own a weapon myself. However if someone physically assaults me and I was armed it would not take too long before I used that weapon. A weapon within arms length of an angry individual is quite dangerous.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,258,515 times
Quote:
I've been to Miami many times. There's the downtown area, Brickell area, Coconut Grove area, Pinehurst Area, South Miami, South Beach, North Beach, Bal Harbor, Most places east of I-95, there's Golden Beach, All the way up to Hollywood Beach, Coral Gables....too many to name. I know Miami has crime. Do you live in Miami? Have you been the victim of crime there? My sister lives there for over 10 years and never has been the victim of any crime. I am aware that Miami has a bad rep. It's a huge party town. Why do you think celebrities go there? Ocean Drive, good restaurants on the beach, etc., etc.

Is it possible you've never been to those places?

I hae been to Miami before, got carjacked and robbed in Cutler Ridge in 1987, which is still part of miami. wont ever go there again, and if I would have been able to be armed at that time, i would have defended myself by opening fire on the perp.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 07-04-2012 at 07:43 AM..

Old 07-04-2012, 07:40 AM

190 posts, read 303,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I appreciate your right to have an opposing opinion. But what I cannot understand from the Zimmerman Zealots is the denial of George's responsibility in everything that took place from the minute he got into his truck w/ a gun. His own words on the 911 calls tell the story...He escalated his actions, and instigated this whole sad situation. He did not identify himself, even as he escalates and confronts Trayvon. He is being held accountable.
We do not know that Trayvon did anything wrong...George has plenty of reason to say Trayvon hit him first....and we know George lies. We also know George has a criminal record involving multiple assault charges....including one on a police officer. The history of those will hurt him. He perpetuated this whole situation, and he had a gun on his person even as he confronted this teen. I maintain that George would have eventually done this to someone....George was wrong on so many levels. If there is any justice in this world He will be held accountable for his actions that left Trayvon Martin dead on the sidewalk.
What kind of teen confronts an adult?
Is this what you teach your kids?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 AM

16,828 posts, read 15,258,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
What kind of teen confronts an adult?
Is this what you teach your kids?

I taught my children that if someone is trying to break into the home, empty the magazine into their chest.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,432,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Tm attended a high school with a graduation rate of Under 50%. His mother transferred him to a better school further from their home.

It's pretty unlikely tm lived in one of the BEAUTIFUL places of Miami. No Prince of Bal Harbor.
Never said he was. My comment and point was regarding the FACT that Miami is a really beautiful place in response to a long, tedious and repetitious post which included complaining about Miami. Miami not only has crime and poverty, it has wealth and beauty; otherwise, why would people from all over the world spend vacations there? Why would celebrities choose to live and play there? It's an international city with all the positive and negative which that involves.

TM didn't grow up in Overtown (downtown Miami) either, nor Little Haiti, nor Liberty City, nor South Miami Avenue nor Brickell on Biscayne Bay. In fact, he did not live in the city of Miami. From what I've read he lived in Miami Gardens.

Here's a post I found on CD made by someone who claims to live in Miami Gardens and their description of the place.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/11227612-post24.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.