Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 04:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,177,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
I feel the reason that most conservatives don't want Zimmerman to be convicted is because it would affect laws like SYG and any other law that concerns the possession and use of guns. So they blame black leaders for "igniting the fire" and having an agenda. The reality is they have an agenda as well.

I hear the NRA membership has exploded...
Totally the NRA and let's no forget how they were attempting to ram the SYG laws on states that wanted no part of it.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,705,289 times
Quote:
I feel the reason that most conservatives don't want Zimmerman to be convicted is because it would affect laws like SYG and any other law that concerns the possession and use of guns. So they blame black leaders for "igniting the fire" and having an agenda. The reality is they have an agenda as well.

oh, please.

SYG and other gun laws are state influenced. You can absolutely rest assured gun laws in my state won't be even remotely affected. In fact, my state recently went from concealed carry to open carry.

If you didn't notice black 'leaders' igniting the fire, you might be blind. Or something...

Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,574,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
During the "interrogation" video he keeps saying that Trayvon Martin was slamming his head on the sidewalk. That's also what his brother said he was told. Can anyone explain to me how Trayvon managed to do this and also cover George's mouth while pinning him down? George's head was shaved, wasn't it? So what was Trayvon holding while he was "slamming" his head? Obviously he had to use both hands. Honestly, I am trying to picture this. For someone to slam a head on the ground, he would need to use both hands, that is, unless that person had a lot of hair to grab. Am I missing something? So Trayvon the magician was slamming his head, covering his mouth and nose, punching him, and going for his gun at the same time.

You're right. Low IQ and mental incompetence might be his best defense.
and don't forget that Zimmerman was yelling for help with the mouth and nose covered!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What motive did Zimmerman have to kill Martin?
to be the hero that he always wanted to be.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,705,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
to be the hero that he always wanted to be.
And what motive did Sweet Little Trayvon have to attack Zimm?

To be the hero that he always wanted to be.

Winning...............NOT.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,527,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
You think he will do time very foolish judgement yourself not going to happen. Whatever you think about whether or not a person has the right to walk down the street behind you if you turn and ask that person if he has a problem and then punch humor her in the nose you might well die and if you are that mean stupid maybe you shouldn't die but you shouldn't get away with it. Maybe just shoot ur d off off you have one.
My belief that he'll be convicted has nothing to do with the evidence, law, or what really happened. Politics, social pressure will trump everything else. If I'm wrong and you're right, so what, I'll read O'Mara's book either way.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Amen

Why does'nt anyone wonder why faux automatically took the side of zimmerman? They lead the charge of calling black leaders "race baiters" eventhough they knew the whole thing smelled funny from the get-go. All the Martins wanted was justice and not let this lying murderous POS walk just on his word alone.
Exactly! I would think that each and everyone on this forum would want the same thing if it was their child.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Old 06-22-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And what motive did Sweet Little Trayvon have to attack Zimm?

To be the hero that he always wanted to be.

Winning...............NOT.
We don't know that. Perhaps he was protecting himself.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,848,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
So dead Martin and dumb Zimmerman are just fodder for political gain? I wondered how long it would take for the human element to leave and the mechanics of politics to set in. All of this starting from one black kid that everyone assumed was street wise because he was black- but was not- and a yahoo with a gun to dumb to understand what happens when a round leaves the barrel.

Good luck my dear AMERICAN friends and I hope you all get to keep your toys. Some how the idea of the right to bear arms has turned into the love of an object- a toy....I like guns too..they are fun...but not that important. All of your toys should be under lock and key and no person should be allowed to take the gun out of the house unless your dad is with you....You folks need supervision, Apparently AMERICA for all there history of personal weaponry are not mature enough to have guns...strange but true...It's as if you never got any further along than the old DAISY BB gun- which I believe you should all return too.

Cos' you can't be trusted with the real thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.