Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,988,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
No they don't, the black community wants revenge against George Zimmerman for the last 25 years of young black men shooting each other. This case has become a scape goat for everything wrong with the black community. If black people really wanted Justice they wouldn't be calling for riots or for GZ's murder before a trial ever takes place.
Bless your heart! You really don't know any better. I will let you continue to be an expert on the Black community. All these Black people are calling for riots! I tell you these Black people are vicious.

White people are so much better and deal with all of their problems collectively. So does everyone else except Black people!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
All that meant was that zimmerman followed someone that obviously whoop that azz! For all that you know, zimmerman could have been drunk and fell after being punched in the face. Here is a question for you, if zimmerman had flashed his gun do you really think that Trayvon would have attacked him? Even after he flashed it, did he really have to shoot him in the chest? Why could'nt he have shot him in a non-vital area? How about if he did there would be two sides of the story instead of one

For that matter, Zimmerman might have simply used the gun to hit Martin in the head...it would have stunned him, if nothing else. Your point is well made; most people freeze when a gun is trained on them. I don't think that playing high school football prepared Martin for a life-and-death situation. Actually, most of us would be unprepared to deal with a stranger holding us at gunpoint.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Bless your heart! You really don't know any better. I will let you continue to be an expert on the Black community. All these Black people are calling for riots! I tell you these Black people are vicious.

White people are so much better and deal with all of their problems collectively. So does everyone else except Black people!
So you're honestly trying to say that the members of the black community who traveled to FL to protest were acting in an orderly, calm way?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
For that matter, Zimmerman might have simply used the gun to hit Martin in the head...it would have stunned him, if nothing else. Your point is well made; most people freeze when a gun is trained on them. I don't think that playing high school football prepared Martin for a life-and-death situation. Actually, most of us would be unprepared to deal with a stranger holding us at gunpoint.
Just when you thought things couldn't get any crazier in the Trayvon Martin threads someone goes completely off the reservation with the most insane comment so far. Hit him in the head with a loaded handgun while he's on top of him beating his head against the ground? Really?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So you're honestly trying to say that the members of the black community who traveled to FL to protest were acting in an orderly, calm way?
If that's what you read from my statement you have a serious problem.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
If that's what you read from my statement you have a serious problem.
I asked you a simple question, are you able to comprehend what I asked you or not?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 PM

LMBO. This dialog is over!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
LMBO. This dialog is over!
I'll take that as a no, thanks for playing. Come back when you have something of substance.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Over what period of time did he make those calls, I've heard 7-10 years, that would be approximately 5-7 calls a year, I can easily match his number of calls... I've also chased someone down who attempted to break into my cars, twice...I can tell you that I don't have delusions about my authority and I am not an aggressive person, far from it. Also, did he call the non-emergency number or 911, there is a difference. So, no, I don't agree that this speaks to aggressiveness or violent behavior...The hearsay I was referring to was the neighbors talking about his aggressive behavior, ex co-workers, etc. Unless they are called to testify under oath, I take their comments with a grain of salt...

As for the DV incident, both he and his ex were issued Permanent Injunctions against each other, the court does not hand those out just based on someone's word, it sounded like it was an immature relationship where they both crossed the line and got a little physical.

I've looked up his traffic citations, while there isn't any specific detail, both were dismissed because the officer failed to appear, one was a registration citation 320.0605, one was for unlawful speed in a business or residence district 316.189 (2)(a). I would think that if within one of those citations there was an incident of "Road Rage" the officer would have cited him for "Aggressive Driving" 316.1923 which was not listed in his record and at the very least shown up to court.

Yes, I live in Florida and yes that's what I meant, a judge put the kibosh on the drug testing, pretty much right after it was enacted...so, there hasn't been any drug testing since (approx. Oct. 2011). It really turned out to be a waste of taxpayers money because only 2% failed the test...and I agree Florida is just so very "special"...
Re: the bold-he called 12 times in the year prior to shooting Trayvon. He's only 28 years old, 10 years ago he would have been 18. He's also only lived in that complex since sometime in 2009, perhaps not much more than two years.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Re: the bold-he called 12 times in the year prior to shooting Trayvon. He's only 28 years old, 10 years ago he would have been 18. He's also only lived in that complex since sometime in 2009, perhaps not much more than two years.

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was that undesirable? as a neighborhood watch person, should he have avoided calling 911?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.