Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
If someone was busting your face up do you now not have the right to defend yourself?
Yes, blame it on the victim.

I believe in the justice system and getting a fair trial. However, there was no investigation and Zimmerman was never brought to justice. This is the only reason the story even got into the news. The Sanford Police swept the entire incident under the rug. Even in Zimmerman's own words, he told a friend he was hoping things would just blow over.

The police have no pictures showing Zimmerman with a broken nose and a bloody face. That would not prove to me he was justified in killing Martin, but at least it would help me to understand why he panicked. Nobody, I repeat, nobody - including Zimmerman's attorney - said he went to the hospital, yet they continue to claim he was so badly beaten that he had to shoot a teenager to death. According to neighbors, he just stood up and walked away. If you are beaten in the head, you get dizzy and disoriented. He shot Martin directly in the chest, killing him the first time. Was there an ambulance that took Zimmerman to the ER? In 2010 I was knocked down in a store and they immediately called an ambulance to make sure I didn't have a concussion. If Zimmerman was hit in the back of the head, he would have been told how important an X-ray is after a head injury. But, no, he went to the police station (probably even drove there in his own car) and then went home, wearing the same clothes.

Speaking of clothes, if there was a struggle, and Martin punched him that hard, there would be DNA evidence, since Martin would have Zimmerman's blood on his knuckles. Zimmerman's attorney said the cuts were very deep and required stitches. Did he go home and get out his sewing kit? This is just common sense to me. Who treated these serious injuries, these open wounds that required self-defense with a gun?

I agree the story has been on the news a lot and, just the like Casey Anthony trial, is getting too much exposure. However, the Sanford Police have a history of racial profiling. What about the Black homeless man who was beaten unconscious?

[url=http://www.ktre.com/story/13759437/homeless-man-attacked-by-police-officers-son]Homeless man attacked allegedly by police officer's son - KTRE.com Lufkin and Nacogdoches[/url]

What about the Black man who was shot in the back in a parking lot in 2005 and the shooter was acquitted?

[url=http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2006-01-29/news/GUARDS29_1_sanford-ansley-security-guards]Fatal bullet hit teenager in back, records reveal - Orlando Sentinel[/url]

They will continue to fabricate lies to free Zimmerman. However, if he is really innocent, then let him explain why he followed Trayvor Martin with a 9mm semi-automatic after he was told the police were sending a unit and to stay in his car. Let him explain why he thought he was suspicious looking in the first place. Let him explain why he's made nearly 50 other 911 calls and most of them are about young Black males he thinks are suspicious looking and up to no good.

I want Zimmerman to get justice, but he isn't the victim. He isn't dead from a gun shot wound to the chest. Now that I'm hearing Martin went for his gun, if this is really true, it sounds as if Martin was "Standing His Ground" and had every right to take that gun and shoot Zimmerman. Would he have been released without an arrest or criminal charge?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,396,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Black people are out of control over this Trayvon Martin thing.
Comments like this is what pisses me off about non-black people. You will have a group of black people and an issue will occur. Some won't care at all either way. Some (like myself) will try to discuss the issue logically and rationally while still having an opinion. And some will go off the wall crazy over dramatic.

And guess who the non-black people focus on. The CRAZY ones. Forget about the ones who actually agree with you on some points. Forget about the ones who have valid arguments. Lets ONLY talk about the CRAZY black folk and then complain about media bias.

"OOOOO look how the black people are acting"
"The black people are out of control"
"Black people are overemotional"
"That's how black people act

I guess this just is another example of a time where I'm no like "those" black people. I'm some sort of urban legend who has the ability to think on my own. It's dishonest and offensive.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Martin's parents kept a close eye on him, but they didn't have to be too strict, since he stayed out of trouble, Collins said. However, he had recently been suspended from school for five days for tardiness, his English teacher, Michelle Kypriss, told the Orlando Sentinel. School officials did not respond to a request for comment.
Page 2: Slain Teen's Friends Say He Never Picked a Fight - ABC News

Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM

52,760 posts, read 34,654,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
As folks have been saying, more facts are being learned about this case. New information is coming out all the time (including Zimmerman's statement that Trayvon decked him and sent him to the ground). Do you think facts of a case all come out at the same time? IME, they usually come out in order of relevancy, importance, etc.
seems to me that knowing zimmerman claimed to have been attacked by martin and that martin tried to take his gun away, is about as relevant and important as you could ask for, but that certainly didn't come out right away.
however, those facts were something that could not be obtained by the media until the police finally gave them up.

8,346 posts, read 7,054,697 times
...And?

68,351 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
no point at all.
Well, we all know how aggressive marijuana makes people

Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,448,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
no point at all.
It goes to character I guess. Personally I smoked a little bit of weed when I was Trayvon's age. I'm sharing it because there was considerable debate in the closed thread over the nature of Trayvon's suspension.

23,838 posts, read 23,159,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Comments like this is what pisses me off about non-black people. You will have a group of black people and an issue will occur. Some won't care at all either way. Some (like myself) will try to discuss the issue logically and rationally while still having an opinion. And some will go off the wall crazy over dramatic.

And guess who the non-black people focus on. The CRAZY ones. Forget about the ones who actually agree with you on some points. Forget about the ones who have valid arguments. Lets ONLY talk about the CRAZY black folk and then complain about media bias.

"OOOOO look how the black people are acting"
"The black people are out of control"
"Black people are overemotional"
"That's how black people act

I guess this just is another example of a time where I'm no like "those" black people. I'm some sort of urban legend who has the ability to think on my own. It's dishonest and offensive.
Under normal circumstances, I would have considered an elected mayor of a big city to be a logical and rational person. Afterall, by virtue of his position he speaks for multitudes of people.

And then he weighs in on the Trayvon Martin case with incendiary remarks that do nothing for logical and rational debate.

I am of the opinion that people like you are logical and rational. Unfortunately, I was wrong about Michael Nutter.

5,524 posts, read 9,949,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Unbelievable. This case is clearly a hate crime against a white innocent, so you refuse to believe it because it doesn't fit your narrative that blacks are always the victims. Disgusting. There is plenty of evidence, they will have fingerprints and get these punks eventually. The evidence includes his burns and hospital records and the 911 call. The neighbors are probably too scared to say they what they witnessed, if anything. Can't blame them.

Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home from school and set him on fire: cops* - NY Daily News

maybe this is the solution, separation!

Kansasmom09:28 AM
Mar 25, 2012
I live in KC - I wouldn't send a "white boy" to HS at East in KC even if someone gave me a million dollars. It's an all black school in a worst part of town. It would NOT be safe and I can totally see this happening there. But, I can tell you if a "white boy" set the "black boy" on fire - all hell would break lose and Al Sharpton would be here calling for justice.

Read more: Teenagers poured gasoline on boy walking home from school and set him on fire: cops* - NY Daily News
If it was clear they would have a suspect. The only thing that is clear is that a kid was lit on fire (by whom no one knows) and he said it was two black kids. That's it. Nothing else.

If they haven't found finger prints yet they aren't finding any. Once they catch someone and prove they are the people who did it I will call it a hate crime.

BTW I have never once said that Zimmerman and Martin was a hate crime only that it was shoddy Police work. Move your soapbox to another corner.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Black people are out of control over this Trayvon Martin incident.

Loyalty To The Race™ apparently is a very strong emotion. Taking this tragedy personally has gone to a whole new level.....for reasons no one can seem to explain.

Racism has not been established. Murder has not been established. Self-defense has not been established. But yet there seems to be tangible evidence that black people have already drawn their own conclusions as to what happened on that fateful day judging from the response and outcry.

Can we expect the same level of indignation over crimes involving dead white children? Heck, i'll even settle for the same level of indignation over black-on-black crime.
And many white folks are right there with us (on both sides of the issue, of course).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies