Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,463,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, blame it on the victim.

I believe in the justice system and getting a fair trial. However, there was no investigation and Zimmerman was never brought to justice. This is the only reason the story even got into the news. The Sanford Police swept the entire incident under the rug. Even in Zimmerman's own words, he told a friend he was hoping things who blow over.

The police have no pictures showing Zimmerman with a broken nose and a bloody face. That would not prove to me he was justified in killing Martin, but at least it would help me to understand why he panicked. Nobody, I repeat, nobody - including Zimmerman's attorney - said he went to the hospital, yet they continue to claim he was so beaten up that he had to shoot a teenager to death. If there was a struggle, and Martin punched him that hard, there would be DNA evidence, since Martin would have Zimmerman's blood on his knuckles. Zimmerman's attorney said the cuts were very deep and required stitches. Did he go home and get out his sewing kit? This is just common sense to me. Who treated these serious injuries, these open wounds that required self-defense with a gun?

I agree the story has been on the news a lot and, just the like Casey Anthony trial, is getting too much exposure. However, the Sanford Police have a history of racial profiling. What about the Black homeless man who was beaten unconscious?

Homeless man attacked allegedly by police officer's son - KTRE.com Lufkin and Nacogdoches

What about the Black man who was shot in the back in a parking lot in 2005 and the shooter was acquitted?

Fatal bullet hit teenager in back, records reveal - Orlando Sentinel

They will continue to fabricate lies to free Zimmerman. However, if he is really innocent, then let him explain why he followed Trayvor Martin with a 9mm semi-automatic after he was told the police were sending a unit and to stay in his car. Let him explain why he thought he was suspicious looking in the first place. Let him explain why he's made nearly 50 other 911 calls and most of them are about young Black males he thinks are suspicious looking and up to no good.

I want Zimmerman to get justice, but he isn't the victim. He isn't dead from a gun shot wound to the chest. Now that I'm hearing Martin went for his gun, if this is really true, it sounds as if Martin was "Standing His Ground" and had every right to take that gun and shoot Zimmerman. Would he have been released without an arrest or criminal charge?
If the police determine it to be self defense, YOU ARE NOT ARRESTED! You are simply let go free! No trial, no nothing. Just watch "The First 48". Whenever the cops determine something is self defense, they let the suspect go without charge. AGAIN people, there is NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS on murders!! Charges CAN and WILL be brought up on Zimmerman AFTER ALL the facts have been raised and an arrest is warranted. Why do people think that you are supposed to be arrested and charged at the moment of the crime? It doesn't always happen that way! How quick do you expect the system to work and bring someone to justice? Murder trials take YEARS to resolve! Man, are some Americans DUMB as STUMPS!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,374,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I wouldn't be so sure. There are plenty of white idiots that have weighed in with the same opinion. Never mind examining the evidence or the statements of witnesses.
You are absolutely correct.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
I smoked a lot of trees when I was Trayvons age.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:56 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It goes to character I guess. Personally I smoked a little bit of weed when I was Trayvon's age. I'm sharing it because there was considerable debate in the closed thread over the nature of Trayvon's suspension.
Goes to character in what way? How did your weed smoking as a teen affect your character?

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, we all know how aggressive marijuana makes people
Weed may not make you aggressive per se....BUT...it can absolutely make you paranoid....

2,729 posts, read 5,374,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Comments like this is what pisses me off about non-black people. You will have a group of black people and an issue will occur. Some won't care at all either way. Some (like myself) will try to discuss the issue logically and rationally while still having an opinion. And some will go off the wall crazy over dramatic.
I have a dead serious question for you, and I assure you it's not race-baiting or anything like that. I simply want an honest answer from a person who seems like a very intelligent and honest black person.

Do you think there's any truth to the story of this witness, who claims he saw Martin assault Zimmerman?

I wasn't there, so obviously I don't know what happened. And at this time last week, I was as POd as anybody, regarding why Zimmerman hadn't been arrested and charged. But it seems as though this changes things.

Thanks for your honest answer. And again, I'm dead serious about my motives behind asking the question.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is why everything in America is so screwed up. STUPID TWISTED LAME COMMENTS THAT DISTORT THE TRUTH

The kid got shot for beating the living crap out of Zimmerman. Not for pot.

The relevancy is that you are not a credible source of (biased information).
Pot........meet kettle.

Beating the living crap out of Zimmerman? According to a shoddily done Police report it was a bloody nose and a cut on the back of his head which obviously required no crime scene (oh wait there wasn't one) photographs or a doctors visit.

Now who's using
Quote:
STUPID TWISTED LAME COMMENTS THAT DISTORT THE TRUTH
Th cops screwed up. No one exactly what happed to start this nor what happened during the actual shooting. Just an eye witness saying Trayvon was on top and then he was dead but no account of exactly how other than shot. One witness and he was the one who pulled the trigger. No forensics is what makes this a joke.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:58 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,463,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
For the people who hate that race is involved in this case, you have your ancestors to thank for that. If they hadn't done what did for so long, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The reality is, we have documented history of whites attacking blacks for no other reason than their skin color. This includes law enforcement (even though in this case, zimmerman was a wanna be cop). Race will always be invloved in these discussions until racism goes away. Guess what, it won't go away so we will always have these issues.
Full blown racist alert!!!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,772,749 times
All I will say is a 10-day suspension for finding a "trace" of the drug on an empty bag? What the...

Is it really that bizzare in schools these days? That is probably making the issue worse by keeping him out of school and not doing anything that long.

Whatever. It is decision making like that which makes me fear for the future at times.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,465,685 times
How are suspension from school and using a firearm with the intention to kill related?
If you dig deeper you may also find that Trayvon was rude with his neighbors about 2 years ago...
Instigate and ye'll find.
Not to derail this thread, but in an interview, Matt Lauer asked the wife of the soldier who massacred 16 Afghans what kind of father he was. Can a dumber question be asked? What's the connection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies