Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,202 times

Advertisements

Yeah gee, maybe the next thread Aero will start will be about Trayvon toilet papering a neighbor's house at Halloween when he was little. PROOF that this was a criminal waiting to happen! But nipped inthe bud by the ever watchful and intrepid Mr Zimmerman!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Not really, no.

It really doesn't reflect negatively on Trayvon in any way.
Certainly it does. Anyone suspended from school because of drugs will have a NEGATIVE REFLECTION.. that's just common sense.

As a parent, my child would not be allowed to HANG out with Trayvon had I known he was suspended from School because of drugs.. PERIOD... That's called negative reflection and you can bet i would not be alone in this arena.

That doesn't make Trayvon a bad guy at all... STUPID, yes, but not a bad guy...

I am on the side of justice and feel that it has been left at the alter in this case but please don't brush things like drug abuse to the side as if they don't reflect negatively.. because they do..

Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
And you know this how exactly?
He was given a drug and alcohol test. Surely you know this, so stop playing dumb.

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Certainly it does. Anyone suspended from school because of drugs will have a NEGATIVE REFLECTION.

Not really.

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
so he deserved to die at the hands of a police academy reject?
Nobody deserves to die under those circumstances. But lets keep it in perspective. As more details come to light, we see that Trayvon wasn't exactly the Angel that you, the media, and everyone else believes he was. In fact, it points to the opposite, which could have been a factor in the fight against Zimmerman.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,399,862 times
if son walks, smh.....i feel
for trayvon's mother.

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
The point of this thread is to:
Smear a dead boy.

Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nobody deserves to die under those circumstances. But lets keep it in perspective. As more details come to light, we see that Trayvon wasn't exactly the Angel that you, the media, and everyone else believes he was. In fact, it points to the opposite, which could have been a factor in the fight against Zimmerman.
Yeah, skipping classes and hitting some weed makes you want to defend yourself against people that stalk you, get out of their vehicle and then shoot you in the chest.
I can see your point. I don't see how they have anything to do with each other, though. Weed .....didn't make that man kill that child. Weed....didn't make that man get out of his car. If the guy in the car had been home smoking some weed, that kid would still be alive.

I can't believe someone is trying to insunuate that if you smoke pot, you deserve to get shot on the street.

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
The people who are "OK" with Zimmerman killing Trayon are likely to believe that his murder was justified purely based on the fact that he was Black, no more and no less. Reason and justice are concepts that are truly lost on these individuals.

4,520 posts, read 4,207,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Certainly it does. Anyone suspended from school because of drugs will have a NEGATIVE REFLECTION.. that's just common sense.

As a parent, my child would not be allowed to HANG out with Trayvon had I known he was suspended from School because of drugs.. PERIOD... That's called negative reflection and you can bet i would not be alone in this arena.

That doesn't make Trayvon a bad guy at all... STUPID, yes, but not a bad guy...

I am on the side of justice and feel that it has been left at the alter in this case but please don't brush things like drug abuse to the side as if they don't reflect negatively.. because they do..
We have no proof that Trayvon abused drugs. (Oh vey..the drama!!)

I smoked plenty of weed in my teens. Who knew my reflection was "negative"? I guess my honor roll status disguised that good enough.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Not so fast there fella, he was suspended over an empty bag of weed.

And even if he had an ounce back at the house, what bearing does this have on Zimmerman trailing him and then confronting an unarmed kid with a weapon? Are you saying this makes it ok?
An "empty bag" doesn't get a person suspended. Indeed millions of empty bags leave the lunch room every single day. Filled with what? Sandwich crumbs.

An "empty bag" consisting of trace marijuana gets you in trouble. You should acknowledge this sooner rather than later if you expect your defense of Trayvon Martin to hold up to scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies