Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:04 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This is not an exercise in mere speculation. We know what would happen in such a case. There would be no white mobs in the street chanting "No justice, no peace!" There would be no whites holding a "million hoodie march" in New York City. There would be no white equivalent of Al Sharpton, the professional race-baiter behind the 1987 Tawana Brawley hoax, leading marches in the streets of the shooter's hometown. There would be no Federal civil rights investigation by the Justice Department. There would be no comments from a president who seems congenitally unable to keep his mouth shut on matters involving left-wing political correctness. And there would be no national media attention from biased, left-wing "reporters."

That's right After the initial news reports you would not hear of it again.
You would not have to because they would have arrested someone by now.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM

210 posts, read 381,159 times
I'm starting to think we should just offer up Zimmerman as a sacrifice. Let them take him into the concrete jungle, never to be heard from again.

The upside, we wouldn't see an aids stricken looking Sharpton and the dbag Jesse Jackson for awhile.

I do laugh at the irony of seeing white racists supporting Zimmerman. My enemy's enemy is my friend theory is at play here.

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hadn't seen that pic.

Good link except for all the hating Jew crap on there.
Mainly because it isn't Trayvon. Only the pic with the gold teeth looks even close to being him. The other definitely isn't.

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's a big deal.
Not really, no.

It really doesn't reflect negatively on Trayvon in any way.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Weed may not make you aggressive per se....BUT...it can absolutely make you paranoid....
Hey - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't a creep in a car trailing you.
Quote:
It's a big deal. Why? Because the whole narative is underpinned by the idea that a baby-faced, innocent, black boy could have NEVER harbored any sort of ill-will towards anything, or anyone. The history of his life has been used to bolster that notion.

Now we see some evidence of a not-so-innocent kid. If George Zimmerman's background is fair game, then so is Martin's.

When can we expect Al Sharpton to expound upon this new development on his show?
You really must be desperate. Of all the transgressions the kid might have committed, smoking pot is about the least harmful I can think of. Most of the potheads I knew in my youth were as mellow as they could be.

Is this a good time to remind you that Zimmerman has a record of violent behavior? As in, he got into a brawl with a police officer?

Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I don't see this interpretation at all. I see no attempts to spin Trayvon into an innocent saint. Instead, I see it being reported that an unarmed teen was killed. Do you dispute this?

You're overreaching and trying way too hard.
You can't be serious.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Dutch View Post
I do laugh at the irony of seeing white racists supporting Zimmerman. My enemy's enemy is my friend theory is at play here.
No, it's called WAITING for the FACTS! Let the justice system do it's job is what people are saying. If it was truly self defense, sorry, Zimmerman walks. If NOT, then there will be a trial or a plea deal. We HAVE TO WAIT!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,260 times
Quote:
You can't be serious.
I am. Of course, if you have links that show that Trayvon is being reported as a Boy Scout who helped elderly ladies in his spare time, feel free to post them.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,118,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Hey - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't a creep in a car trailing you.

You really must be desperate. Of all the transgressions the kid mighthave committed, smoking pot is about the least harmful I can think of. Most of the potheads I knew in my youth were as mellow as they could be.

Is this a good time to remind you that Zimmerman got into a brawl with a police officer?
Whether pot is "the least harmful" or not is 100% irrelevant. The issue is the narrative surrounding Trayvon Martion asserting that he was a baby-faced, innocent, black kid mauled down by a overzealous racist.

Innocent children don't have disciplinary actions over drugs.

Attempts to try to circumvent the narrative to conclude marijuana possession is of no relevance to the notion that Trayvon was an innocent kid is disgusting.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:09 PM

639 posts, read 828,176 times
Quote:
Whether pot is "the least harmful" or not is 100% irrelevant. The issue is the narrative surrounding Trayvon Martion in that he was this baby-faced, innocent, black kid mauled down by a overzealous racist.

Innocent children don't have disciplinary actions over drugs.

Attempts to try to circumvent the narrative to conclude marijuana possession is of no relevance to the notion that he is an innocent kid is disgusting.
so he deserved to die at the hands of a police academy reject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies