Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,398,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You rarely get pictures of children, and this child has been victimized enough. He won't be used for politics. White people don't do that.
What news do you watch because I've seen pictures of child victims on the news; usually they just blur out their faces but they show their injuries.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,215,670 times
'HE'S RIGHT BEHIND ME' - The Daily

Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,823,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What difference does this make? Why is this relevant at all? I smoked PLENTY of weed in my teens. I'd venture to guess that many folks (who are not professionals) did. Some probably still do. I know that smoking weed is illegal, but I didn't realize that a penalty was a shot to the chest. I've also been suspended from school (twice I think..maybe three times); still not seeing the relevancy.

BTW, toxicology tests were done on Trayvon. He obviously wasn't high at the time of this altercation, so I'm not sure what difference this suspension makes.
I won't matter. As long as he's doesn't have a spotless past, it will be a lot easier for people to blame him. That is the way this always works. Hell, even when he did have a spotless past as far as we knew, there were people still coming up with ways to make it his fault.

19,893 posts, read 18,472,373 times
None of us witnessed the attack, however Zimmerman seems like someone who could protect himself and get away if he truly wanted to.

The scenario being different would not change a damn thing. Me being a Mother, if someone took my son, or one of your son's in this way, how would you be feeling right now at this moment. No Son, he is dead, because of why exactly.
Out of the two, Zimmerman looks like he could protect himself with no problem, if he wanted to. But i was not there, which still would not matter, if this were my Son, i too, would have a pretty damn good laywer, wouldn't most of you.

12,770 posts, read 11,583,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And now you know why people are so upset.

Yeah there are fringe crazies wanting Zimmerman's head on a stick but there's ALWAYS gonna be crazy people...stop paying attention to them and they go away. The REAL issue is that the police didn't do their job.

If they had done a tox test it wouldn't matter if he "sounded" drunk on the tapes. Maybe he just slurs his words...but they didn't do it and now it's open to speculation.

They admitted that he was questioned by a narcotics detective BEFORE he gave his statement to a homicide detective.

They didn't take any pictures or even have him examined by medical staff...I didn't realize that was even optional....don't ambulances usually go to murder scenes? There was no one there who could look at Zimmerman's injuries? He was so badly beat up that he needed stitches but didn't go to the hospital because it was too far away? I see car accidents here all the time where police take pictures but no one thought to take a picture in a homicide case; self-defense or not?

They've just done a crap job of handling this case.
Assuming facts not in evidence.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,398,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ah.............................. the accusation of "racism" whenever an "inconvenient truth" is revealed.

1. There is a witness who said it was self defense
2. The witness said the kid was on top of the guy beating him to a pulp
3. The 'accused" has bruises and was bleeding from his face
4. The 911 call has the "accused" yelling for help in the background while the kid is beating him.
1. The witness saw the fight AFTER it started so he can not testify to who started the fight.
2. See response to #1.
3. That no one has seen any documentation of and that he didn't seek any medical attention for even though "it was so serious it merited stitches"
4. No one has verified who is calling for help in the background. There's is just speculation at this point.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is why everything in America is so screwed up. STUPID TWISTED LAME COMMENTS THAT DISTORT THE TRUTH

The kid got shot for beating the living crap out of Zimmerman. Not for pot.

The relevancy is that you are not a credible source of (biased information).
If it's not the point, why post it at all? Why the interest in why Trayvon was suspended? You and I both know that folks are looking to make him out to be some thug who had it coming. Stop playing innocent.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,678,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
What difference does this make? Why is this relevant at all?
um.. did you even read the title of this thread?

Extreme media bias, and suchlike?

why did it take over a month to learn that the reason trayvon was even in that locality was because he had been kicked out of school?

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You rarely get pictures of children, and this child has been victimized enough. He won't be used for politics. White people don't do that.
Oh, please. Just face facts that this white family is lying their a$$ off. He won't be used for politics, yet the story is on the Internet.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,972,860 times
Zimmerman's father is a retired judge.

Martin's girlfriend, who was on the phone with Martin at the time he was being pursued by Zimmerman, relays how Martin was trying to get away from Zimmerman, at one point he thought he lost him, but Zimmerman reappeared.

Here's the link to the news article which shows the telephone log of the time of the phone call.

Trayvon Martin Arrest Now After ABC Reveals Crucial Phone Call - ABC News

Zimmerman was told by the police dispatcher to not follow Martin.

Zimmerman broke homeowner's association rules by following Martin when the rules were to stand back and let the police handle the situation.

Zimmerman fails to comply and now Trayvon is dead.

And now, today, Zimmerman's friend appears on national TV saying Zimmerman's life is over too, and he has no doubt Trayvon's mother thinks the screams on the tapes are not Zimmerman's, but her own son's, but they are Zimmerman's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies