Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

I feel sorry for the mayor and the city council. Watching the rally now they all look so pitiful: they are in a no win situation and the world is watching.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Exclamation The Trayvon Martin's Case

Let's start by saying that what happened to Trayvon is a tragedy, that perhaps could have been avoided. May he rest in peace, and my deepest condolescense to his parents. No parent in the world such outlive their children.

However, the President's intervention in this case is not, to me, warranted simply because the child was Black. Many other children who are of different races or cultures have been killed across the USA, and we have not hear the President speak on their behalf. Mr. OB stated, "If I had a son, I would want him to be like Trayvon." This statement catapulted all the mothers of America, as well as all the young people to initiate an avalanche across the USA, to protest this killing.

I am not going to go into the Stand Your Ground Law, which is a DUMB LAW initiated in a DUMB STATE, and should be repealed, but, do you think that by Mr. OB infuriating all these mothers and young people, and creating such an uproar across America may help him politically to win the White House again? Just a thought......

Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
I'm not sure I feel sorry for them. I'm sure they knew how putrid their pd was. The mayor is in charge of all departments.

2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Shiloh, And let me guess. You shot at none of them, let alone killed an unarmed intruder. That's the difference.

Stop equating Joe Frustrated But Sane, with this luny tune, homicidal threat to society.
The point is in reference to the mind set of Zimmerman (which the 911 tape clearly helps) and possible 1st degree murder charges - Einstein. I also have never been attacked or in a fight in which that might happen.

You act as if Zimmerman was hunting black kids -

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
The way these people are acting, wild, stupid, with no rational thought, its no wonder races hate each other. Obama is the worst of all, along with the media.
The rw hates Obama to the core. They never hated Clinton like this. Nah its a special hate for Obama. And that special hate is showing up in the good ole south again as its looks like all the racial attacks against him failed thanks to all the white people who see the rw for what it is.

Trayvon was murdered and the rw is glad to see his killer walk.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Between Martin and fearing a 7 year old, I question whether he was predisposed to being more prone to shoot them.

I respect those with the self control to know when to draw lines, not the loose cannons of society. They belong caged.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That's part of the reason hate crimes are so stupid. Unless they have evidence that he targeted Trayvon because he was black it cannot be proven to be racially motivated.
I agree.

Aren't all murders hateful?

OTOH, according to neighbors he told them to be on the lookout for teenage Black males. I realize this does not make him a racist. However, he was obviously profiling Trayvor Martin based on his appearance (race, age, clothing)

I just heard some very bigoted comments so I'm a bit edgy right now. Posting helps me to vent.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Trayvon was murdered
He was?

That is odd - I don't recall the investigation being concluded and charge of murder being filed against anyone.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Lynch mob is grasping at straws now.
Uh, it's in the audio.

So it's not racial, but the presumed attacker utters a racial slur just before the fight?

Unbelievable.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree.

Aren't all murders hateful?

OTOH, according to neighbors he told them to be on the lookout for teenage Black males. I realize this does not make him a racist. However, he was obviously profiling Trayvor Martin based on his appearance (race, age, clothing)

I just heard some very bigoted comments so I'm a bit edgy right now. Posting helps me to vent.
A reporter asked chief lee if there was a record of break-ins or other crimes in that area committed by black males. He declined to answer at that time. I haven't seen an answer since...I could have missed it but I haven't seen any of the neighbors agree that there were lots of break-ins. If I'm wrong someone post a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies