Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

If we were each the parent of this young Man, how would we now feel, having a dead child. Put yourself into the heads of those parents, who no longer have a child.
With facts without facts, someone is living and someone is dead, the larger of the two alive, the other one dead. Still without being there, i cannot pass judgement, only know what hell the parents must be going thru.
If this were my Son, i too would have an attorney, wouldn't you if this were your dead child.
But from some facts heard, appears zimmerman has been paranoid in the past, without probable cause.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:41 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Except he didn't use that word.
It has been bleeped out in most national broadcasts.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:42 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Wait...I thought Martin fell on top of Zimmerman after he was shot and that's why his screams stopped so suddenly. I guess Zimmerman was on top of Martin and then Martin fell on top of him while Zimmerman was on the top of the bottom.

A lame attempt at humor.

Again, are you really suggesting that "who started" the argument has any relevance at all? I think that the conflict started with the assault, which was initiated by Martin. If you don't want to get shot, do not initiate an assault.

Martin could have chosen to simply walk away from a conflict, but chose instead to incite one. It is certainly terrible that he paid for his poor decision with his life, but it was, in the end, his decision.

Would everyone be more happy if Martin had killed Zimmerman? It appears that way and that many here are condoning assault and battery as a logical and normal means of problem solving. Here is the problem- assault and battery is a crime. Further, if one is assaulted and thier life is in danger, responding with lethal force is acceptable. Perhaps this will be a message to thugs everywhere.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The op is just like all the conservatives that have basicailly said its ok to kill blacks if they refuse to tell you why you are out walking.

Those are your words, not mine. I've never said it was OK to kill anybody.

And nobody has to tell anyone why they are walking on public property.

You are just like the other liberal extremists. You dream up racist thoughts and then try to transfer them to other people. Just because you may be a racist doesn't mean somebody else is.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
good point, especially in light of the fact that they have had black people in that neighborhood interviewed defending zimmerman's "intention".

i heard that zimmerman called the police at least 40 times to report suspicious people in the neighborhood, so he was, at the very least, an overzealous neighborhood watchman with too much free time on his hands. (did he even have a job?). clearly, he was a wannebe cop who got shot down in his desire to be a policeman/enforcer.

i will say that this whole thing is a tragedy, (which clearly deserves the grand jury that it is receiving) with yet another tragedy in the making. from the black panthers:

The New Black Panther Party has offered a $10,000 reward for the 'capture' of George Zimmerman.

The group's leader Mikhail Muhammad said the bounty was 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'.

Read more: Trayvon Martin case: Anonymous witness claims teen attacked killer George Zimmerman before fatal shooting | Mail Online

i am sorry but this country has too many "neighborhood watchers" of all persuasions, with too much free time, deciding on their own course of justice. muhammed should be embarrassed, but i am sure that he isn't.

i think a parallel issue is that we don't have enough americans working anymore, and they ALL have too much free time-with wannabe vigilantes everywhere.
On the contrary, perhaps this suggests Zimmerman shouldn't have been out there all alone. Neighborhood Watch should be done in groups of at least two. Don't blame the Watch programs, they are trying to ensure safety for the residents. He knew who belonged and who didn't. This kid was a newcomer and could have just spoken to George, then none of this would have happened.

I see him wanting to keep track of this kid until the cops showed up, he lost him, was walking back to his car, when the kid confronts him, fight ensues, and Trayvon tries to take his gun, he loses. End of story.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Lynch mob is grasping at straws now.
Well, what would you call the $10,000 bounty put on his head by the Black Panthers? That's not exactly Welcome Wagon.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Zimmerman was challenging a stranger who did not belong based on previous criminal complaints in that neighborhood. We need more "Mrs. Kravitz" who care.
Oh, do substantiate!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Sanrene, to criticize the mother for blocking others from profiting from her son's death doesn't mean she didn't love her son. How cruel and insensitive!! By the way, I'm sure the family has legal fees to pay. Maybe she'll use any money she gets to start a counseling center. How do you know? John Walsh lost his son Adam and made an entire career out of it, but it doesn't mean he still doesn't grieve every single day of his life.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
On the contrary, perhaps this suggests Zimmerman shouldn't have been out there all alone. Neighborhood Watch should be done in groups of at least two. Don't blame the Watch programs, they are trying to ensure safety for the residents. He knew who belonged and who didn't. This kid was a newcomer and could have just spoken to George, then none of this would have happened.

I see him wanting to keep track of this kid until the cops showed up, he lost him, was walking back to his car, when the kid confronts him, fight ensues, and Trayvon tries to take his gun, he loses. End of story.
i am certainly not against neighborhood watch programs, but clearly this did not have a happy ending for ANYONE, and the community will probably be facing a lawsuit from the family, as well.

i think it is nice when neighbors help look out for each other.

i won't rush to judgement on what happened, because i wasn't there, but i think that carrying that gun made zimmerman a braver man than he might have been otherwise, and also probably more aggressive than he might have been otherwise.

maybe neighborhood watch people should just report and not try to enforce, and then maybe we wouldn't have a tragedy like this one.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He was?

That is odd - I don't recall the investigation being concluded and charge of murder being filed against anyone.
That's OK... some on this board don't believe in investigations, grand juries and trials. Just prejudiced judgement before they know the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies