Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is a picture of the guy, right?

http://www.drudgereport.com/tz.jpg
That would be incorrect.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Zimmerman should be tried and convicted for hitting Mr. Martin's fist with his nose, and then littering blood on the ground, from repeated ground strikes with the back of his head.

I'm sure Obummers EPA will have him up on charges for that.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,727,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That would be incorrect.
Proof?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
An empty bag of marijuana!?

Holy cow!!

I also heard he dipped Becky Thatcher's pigtails in the inkwell!!

I'm surprised someone didn't kill him years ago ...

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Suspended for 10 days for "being tardy" ? Nah..no way.
Kids here in Texas get suspended for 3 days if they get in a fist fight.
So many tardies gets you after school detention or ISS (in school suspension).

Yeah, must have been something big for 10 days suspended.

3,091 posts, read 3,969,620 times
Sanrene, you're stepping into a fight that you don't have a dog in between me and another poster. No one is saying that only those that agree Zimmerman gunned down a kid in cold blood really care. No one is saying that all.

As I have stated before, no one knows all the facts. And SYG is very much at the forefront. Zimmerman is claiming self defense. It's the law that will decide here in Florida. There is not one person on this forum who does not agree that if Zimmerman had followed his own homeowner's association rules for watch patrols and listened to the police, no one would have died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right. Only those that agree Zimmerman gunned down a black teen in cold blood really, really care.

22,923 posts, read 15,505,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Cinebar, I hate the job overall BO has done, but agree with you fully. Obama responded like a parent at an age where he could have had a 17 year old son now.

Totally appropriate comments, and he'd be properly admonished if he showed no empathy.
This is so wrong on so many fronts.

There are young people being murdered senselessly every day, why does Trayvon warrant special attention from the POTUS?

EVERY young person dying needlessly could be somone's child, why does HE assimilate to the POTUS'S non-existant son?

We can all make assumptions of guilt in this instance and the fact that the local police have screwed the pooch on this from the get-go is tantamount to malfeasance.

Your nation is one of the guiding lights when it comes to your system of laws as checks and balances but for that system to work it needs to be held at arms length from extraneous influences, most assuredly ones with the power of the office of the President. His jumping on the band-wagon does nothing for all those other young children and merely serves as a distraction from the impartiality needed.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,671,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Proof?
Sorry to burst your bubble

Twitchy, a RW website, posted those pics. They simply searched Facebook and posted them without verifying it was actually his page. It was not.

They posted a correction.

Why #TeamDueProcess is important for justice; Correction and update: Twitchy issues apology for fake Trayvon Martin photo | Twitchy

Correction, 8:56 pm ET March 25, 2012: We made a mistake. The photo on the right is not of the Trayvon Martin who was shot by Zimmerman. We apologize to our readers and to the Martin family.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,843,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I'm suggesting that's exactly what he was doing - but he wanted to keep track of him, so the police could talk to him.
Kinda hard to talk to a dead person, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Smoking pot is not the issue. The issue is the purposely misleading image of their child that's the issue. It's hard to lean on the infractions of George Zimmerman and hold him out to be Satan Incarnate when indeed its possible that Trayvon Martion wasn't the person that everyone thought he was.

That's the issue. And as details come out, it will factor into the case. Bet on it.
Oh, for God's sake! If your kid was shot, would you be out there saying "Oh, he was suspended from school for having a baggie with marijuana residue"? No, you'd probably point out that he HAD NO JUVENILE RECORD!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Uh oh folks looks like Trayvon was suspended multiple times and was caught with burglary tools. Hmmm.

Read more here: Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
It just keeps getting thicker. Makes me want to go back and quote myself and the multitudes of posts where I asserted that restraint is needed until we get more details into what happened.

I hate "I told you so's".....but i'd be more than happy to shove a few towards some poster's on this forum. Their allegiance to the Trayvon Defense is disgusting.....especially as they routinely ignored calls to reserve judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies