Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM

6,455 posts, read 7,018,958 times

Advertisements

Uh oh....after Trayvon knocked Zimmerman down, he also says that he went for his gun.

Quote:
George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He was?

That is odd - I don't recall the investigation being concluded and charge of murder being filed against anyone.
Yeah just like many black men gunned down by rw have never been classified as murder nor anyone charged.

No power=No Justice

Old 03-26-2012, 04:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,993,573 times
That's cause Zimmerman kept the 7 year old black girl he feared under his watchful gun, oops eye (sar).

Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah just like many black men gunned down by rw have never been classified as murder nor anyone charged.

No power=No Justice
What do any of those incidents(which you refuse to name specifically) have to do with Zimmerman-Martin?

22,632 posts, read 14,964,593 times
I don't think Zimmerman set out that day to kill a black kid. It wasn't pre-meditated murder or a planned assassination.

On the other hand, I don't think Martin did anything to threaten or intimidate Zimmerman that would justify the shooting. Claiming he felt his life was in danger is a tactical ploy by Zimmerman to justify his illegal use of a deadly weapon against the black teenager.

I don't see how anyone can accuse Obama of "shooting off his mouth" or "politicizing" the unfortunate incident. I guess it's the same Obama-bashers who are eager to spin anything they can to portray Obama in a bad light. This is not about Obama. He wasn't there and he has nothing to do with it. He is entitled to an opinion, just like you and I.

My guess is Zimmerman will be charged with a Hate Crime and given a "slap on the wrist" like a $300 fine and 100 hours of community service.

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It is amazing how with each passing day we get more of the story. Now if all of these was in the orginal report why are they releasing pieces of it at a time? And wasn't it the orlando sentinel who reported that Zimmerman's lawyer said his injuries merrited stitches but didn't go to hospital? So did the lawyer not know he received treatment the next day? Was it secret treatment?
Glad to see you're finally coming around. Cooler heads have said all along that people should let the process play itself out. The police have NO obligation to tell you details. Leaked details are not collaborative or all encompassing. We get what we get from the media.....which has NEVER been an accurate or all-inclusive story from the beginning.

Wouldn't it have been more prudent not to rush to judgement? Of course it would.....but that didn't happen.

I'm disappointed in my fellow Americans. And yes, black people are at the front of the line because even now they lead the charge of crucifiying Zimmerman in the court of public opinion even as these details continue to pour out and present a fuller, and perhaps more accurate, picture of what happened. We don't know for sure, but we sure know more than we did. Right?

It's absolutely shameful how black people (and others) have rushed to judgement during this incident.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,288,160 times
When did President Obama say this and could you quote verbatim what he said :
And I didn't realize that our president was called " OB ", I thought that was a feminine hygiene . more clarity and facts from you would be appreciated before I can respond..just want to be sure where this is headed .
Thanks

166 posts, read 347,622 times
Default Martin is 6'3 Tall and 200 lbs.............?????

Really? And they (the media) keep showing a picture of a 13 year old that seemed like 5'3 and 110 lbs.

And he is a marijuana smoker or dealer too? Do schools really suspend a student for having marijuana for more than a month? Or do you think he did something else?

1,661 posts, read 1,394,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't think Zimmerman set out that day to kill a black kid. It wasn't pre-meditated murder or a planned assassination.

On the other hand, I don't think Martin did anything to threaten or intimidate Zimmerman that would justify the shooting. Claiming he felt his life was in danger is a tactical ploy by Zimmerman to justify his illegal use of a deadly weapon against the black teenager.

I don't see how anyone can accuse Obama of "shooting off his mouth" or "politicizing" the unfortunate incident. I guess it's the same Obama-bashers who are eager to spin anything they can to portray Obama in a bad light. This is not about Obama. He wasn't there and he has nothing to do with it. He is entitled to an opinion, just like you and I.

My guess is Zimmerman will be charged with a Hate Crime and given a "slap on the wrist" like a $300 fine and 100 hours of community service.
A Hate Crime is usually a variation of a regular crime with excessive time tacked on for the "hate" part.

29,094 posts, read 26,042,510 times
Does anyone know why Trayvon Martin was in that lady's backyard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.