Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 PM

89,391 posts, read 86,352,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Once again, for the hard of hearing and the stupid, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey were privatizing all of their properties, those properties included, among things, the Port of Bayonne, JFK Airport, Newark Airport, various bus, rail and subway terminals and stations, and of course, the WTC.

ROFL. Just noticed this little bit of wild imagination. The Port Authority was privatizing all these facilities? REALLY? They exist to operate exactly these types of facilities in a bi-state region, and they've never been privatized nor are there any plans to do so. They were privatizing the WTC through a net lease--which they still retain ownership of--because their mission is not really supposed to be the real estate business.

Quote:

The WTC was originally scheduled to be placed for bid in 2004.

For some reason, the bid was moved up to 1999.
Don't know where you got that from, and you didn't answer the last time I asked, but given that you posted quite a bit of imaginative information about the whole thing, I'm guessing it wasn't too reliable a source.

Quote:

Bid specs were released sometime in October 1999 and bids accepted starting in January 2000.

The closing date was December 31, 2000.

The bid was awarded in February 2001 to a realty group in Chicago.

Yes, that's right folks, Larry Silverstein was NOT awarded the bid. He did NOT win the bid.

I would have also investigate the realty group in Chicago to determine why they suddenly and inexplicably backed out of the bid which they were awarded.

Vornado was NEVER awarded the net lease. The PA and Vornado could not come to terms, so negotiations ended and it went to the second low bidder. There's a whole lot more bs in your post about this, and I've addressed some of it elsewhere, but this is pretty basic stuff that you might be able to pull over on a certain element on the Internet, just not anyone involved in the WTC or in NYC commercial real estate in general.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/20/ny...er-chance.html

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-13-2011 at 08:41 PM..

Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,318,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
If I was American, this would worry me most of all.

I don't think it was conspiracy, I think it was complacency.

don't forget the egomaniacs between the Alphabet agencies. They didn't want to share information.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,437,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post

“The important thing is to never stop questioning.”

- Albert Einstein
I know people who've never started.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,937,846 times

9/11: A Conspiracy Theory - YouTube

Old 09-14-2011, 05:14 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,817,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I am seeing "9/11 was a hoax" on recent threads.
I am also trying to understand this statement.

If you do believe that, please fill me in. (This is not snarky; I really am trying to understand what it is that so many are convinced of. Maybe I'll be convinced? Who knows?)

What I know is:
- A plane hit each World Trade Center tower
- A plane crashed in PA
- A plane hit the Pentagon
- From cell phone convos, we know what happened on those planes
- We know Muslim terrorists were carrying out a plan
- The twin towers each collapsed (and some people are saying they "impoded," is this an "alternative theory" to the one that says the heat was too much for internal steel beams and they collapsed from the heat?)
- Thousands of people died between the Towers, Pentagon, and Shanksville field, including plane passengers and rescue/emergecy personnel.

So which parts am I getting wrong?
If it was a "hoax", wouldn't that mean the twin towers were actually still standing? lol.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:43 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,558,751 times
Quote:
Once again, for the hard of hearing and the stupid, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey were privatizing all of their properties, those properties included, among things, the Port of Bayonne, JFK Airport, Newark Airport, various bus, rail and subway terminals and stations, and of course, the WTC.
Haha, this is particularly hilarious to anyone that knows what they're talking about. If the Port actually wanted to privatize their airports (they never would), they would have to proceed via the Airport Privatization Pilot Program established by Congress in 1997.

The act only allows one large hub airport to be included in the program, so JFK and EWR could never both be included. Not to mention the first (and only, as far as I know) large hub airport to even apply was MDW in 2006.

edit: From a report from the FAA I found on the subject dated 2004:

Quote:
Only five airports have
applied for participation in the program; no large hub airports have submitted an application. Of the five applications received, one airport application was approved and one airport application is currently under review. Two airports withdrew their applications prior to completing the application process, and one airport’s application was withdrawn after FAA commented on the feasibility of the proposal. All the applications submitted to date have been for leasing airports; no application has proposed the sale of an airport to a private entity.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:03 AM

29,920 posts, read 39,695,427 times
Press Release Article - Port Authority of NY & NJ
Quote:
New York Governor George E. Pataki and New Jersey Acting Governor Donald T. DiFrancesco today hailed the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey\'s decision to privatize the management and operation of the World Trade Center, a world-renowned icon that for three decades has been New York City\'s most famous landmark.

Silverstein Properties, Inc., and Westfield America, Inc. will lease the Twin Towers and other portions of the complex in a deal worth approximately $3.2 billion – the city\'s richest real estate deal ever and one of the largest privatization initiatives in history.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 09-14-2011 at 06:21 AM..

Old 09-14-2011, 07:19 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,415,804 times
Regardless of what you all think, you can come to an agreement on one thing: Iraq had nothing to do with it

Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,076,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Regardless of what you all think, you can come to an agreement on one thing: Iraq had nothing to do with it
Timeline of the Rothschild family

This war is mainly about stealing Iraq’s water supply for Israel and is being fought with the blood of the American military which the State of Rothschild, I mean Israel control.

Israel has always struggled for water, it had to steal the Golan Heights from Syria which provided Israel with one third of its fresh water 36 years before, yet still in Israel water extraction has surpassed replacement by 2.5 billion metres in the last 25 years.

This means the water is far more precious to them than the oil reserves which are the second largest reserves of oil on the planet.

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed states in a speech,

"Jews rule the world by proxy. They get others to fight and die for them."

Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM

33,194 posts, read 19,841,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
no-one ever said it did

but iraq did have to do with terrorists training
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies