Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,803,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, but when a woman goes to court to demand child support be given her, it would be better if the father had a chance to have primary custody instead.
Note the specimen has made a career at responsibility avoidance. The queen of all welfare queens wagging his bony finger of accusation every which way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 11:42 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Do women not need to make sure their eggs don't cause pregnancy? Women don't need to get fixed?
Men and women have absolute control over what they choose to do with their reproductive parts. A man exercises his choice when he uses his part for insemination. That's where his choice and his control end.

Women have more choices because biology gives them more responsibility in the reproductive process. That's just the way it is. You don't like it? Blame biology, or, if you're one of the religious types, blame your god. But don't try to make this an equality issue, because when it comes to human reproduction, the male/female roles are NOT equal.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,348,659 times
Quote:
Tubal ligation does. So does abstinence.
Men are the ones screaming about how unfair the process is. My comment was directed to them.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,319,530 times
Quote:
You and someone else has said that, but either of you have yet to tell me what these points are.

If you want a level-headed person to see things your way, then y'all have got to give me a better explanation than "men are evil and are to blame for everything, and women can do and control whoever/whatever they want."

Why isn't a man allowed to walk away from a pregnancy, but a woman is?
Nor will I.
I'm not here to interpret or summarize a thread for you.
You can be as ill-informed as you choose; and I see that you choose to be.
Your choice.

A woman is the only person who gets pregnant. Duh.
Try some basic biology.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:51 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,306,876 times
Quote:
Like I said earlier BOTH parents should be equally obligated to provide the financial support for the child. If the mother doesn't work, then the child will grow up a burden on the taxpayers and if there is a working father who would want custody then of course he should be given custody.

In this case the father is about to marry and the mother simply goes through boyfriend after boyfriend. It's not just the issue of financial support but the father will be able to provide a much more stable home life.
Says you, but since you are not intimate in their lives you are only hearing one side of the tale as well.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,803,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Once again you have no idea of what you are talking about *I think we can see a pattern here*. Courts usually award joint custody with parents unless one is deemed to be unfit. Financial support is balanced against other thing in regards to custody as well, if a child's mother makes 40 k and the father makes 100 but works 80 hours a week then that's not necesarily giving the child a better life now is it?
You do realize that RTL'rs are running a dialog hoping to petition science to create an artificial womb so as to replicate the services womankind provides to humanity. No chit. Right there on the blaze website. The more they plot and scheme, the deeper the hole they dig, and the more they disgrace themselves.

Let me disabuse you of a premise you're operating on. You cannot educate the unwilling. When they're hell bent trying to prove square pegs fit in round holes, never allow them authority over anyone or anything or expect congressional sessions to turn into a freakin 12 step program meeting. You leave them in their grown up diapers until they're tired of sitting in their own poop. I've never seen anything else work save for a bolt of lightning epiphany once they've hit rock bottom. If anyone has seen otherwise, I'd be happy to hear it.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,363,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Men and women have absolute control over what they choose to do with their reproductive parts. A man exercises his choice when he uses his part for insemination. That's where his choice and his control end.

Women have more choices because biology gives them more responsibility in the reproductive process. That's just the way it is. You don't like it? Blame biology, or, if you're one of the religious types, blame your god. But don't try to make this an equality issue, because when it comes to human reproduction, the male/female roles are NOT equal.
Biology did not make abortion legal. Society did.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Many men don't take it to court because the judges are extremely sexist wand almost always give primary custody of young children to the mothers.

I know a guy right now who is trying to get primary custody and he works while the child's mother does not, and not only that, he's about to be married to a woman who also works and they will be able to provide a much more stable life without welfare handouts for that child.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that he gains custody.
Once again you spew off with data that has no basis in fact . Any lawyer will tell you that custody cases decided by court cases it's much more equal.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You do realize that RTL'rs are running a dialog hoping to petition science to create an artificial womb so as to replicate the services womankind provides to humanity. No chit. Right there on the blaze website. The more they plot and scheme, the deeper the hole they dig, and the more they disgrace themselves.

Let me disabuse you of a premise you're operating on. You cannot educate the unwilling. When they're hell bent trying to prove square pegs fit in round holes, never allow them authority over anyone or anything or expect congressional sessions to turn into a freakin 12 step program meeting. You leave them in their grown up diapers until they're tired of sitting in their own poop. I've never seen anything else work save for a bolt of lightning epiphany once they've hit rock bottom. If anyone has seen otherwise, I'd be happy to hear it.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:01 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,489,995 times
So how about a compromise? Instead of 18 years of servitude, instead require 1-5 years of support.

Good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies