Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Now wait a minute. Didn't our president just order the assinations of Americans?

The Obama administration has taken the extraordinary step of authorizing the targeted killing of an American citizen

You mean a terrorist? And you disapprove?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
These "progressives" and "liberals" are such flaming hypocrites. I mean where were they with this outrage when Bush was being hung in effigy? When CafePress came out with their "Kill Bush" t-shirts? Or when the movie about Bush being assassinated was released?

Manufactured outrage here, make no mistake.
Maybe we weren't posting on CD. I know that I certainly was NOT. Where were you looking for them back then? Obviously in the wrong places. I did not condone any "Kill Bush" t-shirts, etc.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post

No I don't disapprove if he is killed but I do not trust this president not to take it further and target others. Putting the right to assinanate Americans in the hands of someone I do not trust at all is not comforting.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Don't rule out a possible set up as most of these things turn out to be. The guy had probably borderline retarded IQ and had been on drugs like the past "terrorists" all were.

The whole thing was probably designed to scare more Americans into being willing to give up EVEN MORE of their rights to the "all loving protector of the people, Uncle Sam/Big Sis".

It should be noted that the incident was stopped by civilians who took control of the situation. It wasn't like police or TSA stepped in and saved the day.
44 - Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails

UPDATED: Arizona Assassin Obsessed With Mind Control

Is it odd to anyone besides me that our "protectors" are never around until these incidents are over and the damage is done? What GOOD are they? We may as well shut down Homeland Security all together. They only thing they seem to be good at is harassing innocent Americans.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:45 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Don't rule out a possible set up as most of these things turn out to be. The guy had probably borderline retarded IQ and had been on drugs like the past "terrorists" all were.

The whole thing was probably designed to scare more Americans into being willing to give up EVEN MORE of their rights to the "all loving protector of the people, Uncle Sam/Big Sis".

It should be noted that the incident was stopped by civilians who took control of the situation. It wasn't like police or TSA stepped in and saved the day.
44 - Jared Loughner's behavior recorded by college classmate in e-mails

UPDATED: Arizona Assassin Obsessed With Mind Control

Is it odd to anyone besides me that our "protectors" are never around until these incidents are over and the damage is done? What GOOD are they? We may as well shut down Homeland Security all together. They only thing they seem to be good at is harassing innocent Americans.
What would the TSA be doing there? The shooting was not at an airport.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
I certainly disapprove. The execution of a US citizen by assassination after a non-judicial decision that he is worthy of death is simply too terrible a precedent. Imagine such a capability in the hands of a Dick Nixon.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
I said that I thought his politics were definitely scrambled....a little left, a little right. Do you really think that it's impossible for a madman to conjure up a political motive in order to take action?

Well then it really isn't politics after all is it? It is the actions of a nut, as I have been saying all along.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Maybe we weren't posting on CD. I know that I certainly was NOT. Where were you looking for them back then? Obviously in the wrong places. I did not condone any "Kill Bush" t-shirts, etc.
Ah, but did you speak out against it and decry those that pushed that agenda?

If you did not, you are as guilty as them.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:50 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's what the TP supporters on this forum have been trying to tell us, the TP has a lot of diversity.
So you have evidence that the killer was a member of the Tea Party? Let's see it.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
Quote:
So you are of a new crop of CDers who, unlike your predecessors, decry violent rhetoric. Glad here for the change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies