Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 09:23 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,461,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You're right; it's a political metaphor and one that she well knows will appeal to her base. Mrs. Palin certainly isn't to blame for the actions of every whackaloon sociopath out there.

Nonetheless...if it were me, I'd be feeling a tinge of personal responsibility right about now, but that's just me.

Could you explain why?

The guy wore a plastic garbage bag for pants while he burned a flag.

Did Sarah Palin say something that caused him to wears plastic trash bags for trousers?

If that did cause him to wear a trash bag for pants, is anything anyone ever said to him the cause of his actions?

Did sarah Palin tell him he needed to invent a new grammar-based currency?

I have heard nothing that connect this loon with Palin in any way, yet the left was blaming Palin before the bodies hit the sidewalk. Liberals are truly shameless.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,912,986 times
Quote:
Loughner, an ardent atheist, began to characterize people as sheep whose free will was being sapped by the monotony of modern life.
Quote:
The Loughner they met when he was a freshman at Mountain View High School may have been socially awkward, but he was generally happy and fun to be around. The crew smoked marijuana everyday, and when they weren't going to concerts or watching movies they talked about the meaning of life and dabbled in [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]conspiracy [COLOR=#366388 ! important]theories[/color][/color][/color].
Mistrust of government was his defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world.
Quote:
When other students read their poems, meanwhile, Coorough said Loughner "would laugh at things that you wouldn't laugh at." After one woman read a poem about abortion, "he was turning all shades of red and laughing," and said, "Wow, she's just like a terrorist, she killed a baby," Coorough said.
"He appeared to be to me an emotional cripple or an emotional child," Coorough said. "He lacked compassion, he lacked understanding and he lacked an ability to connect."
Shooting suspect's nihilism rose with isolation - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110110/ap_on_re_us/us_congresswoman_shot_gunman_11 - broken link)

Old 01-09-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The problem is you keep tossing that kind of rhetoric out there and sooner or later some psycho is going to act on it. People like me were saying that months ago while you people were giving the same song and dance then, and now it's looking like we were right all along.

On a side note, Sarah Palin just opened herself up to massive civil suit possibilities. Maybe even criminal charges, although admittedly it would be a real big stretch.

Sarah Palin disagrees.

Well I guess we can officially toss out the First Amendment since anything anyone says may "cause" a second person to do something for with the first person would be responsible.

The liberal assault on conservative free speech and the Constitution rages on.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:46 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,096,426 times
Appears that Federal Public Defender, Judy Clarke, has been appointed to represent the defendant in the federal court cases.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,906,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Could you explain why?

The guy wore a plastic garbage bag for pants while he burned a flag.

Did Sarah Palin say something that caused him to wears plastic trash bags for trousers?

If that did cause him to wear a trash bag for pants, is anything anyone ever said to him the cause of his actions?

Did sarah Palin tell him he needed to invent a new grammar-based currency?

I have heard nothing that connect this loon with Palin in any way, yet the left was blaming Palin before the bodies hit the sidewalk. Liberals are truly shameless.
Because the inflammatory rhetoric is instrumental in dividing and wrecking this country (which is why I would feel a tinge of personall responsibility).

The kid himself.....more and more it's coming to light that he was not inspired by Sarah Palin to commit this shooting.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's the problem...

When supidity has a platform, they do not realize that craziness exists and that they need to be responsible in the choice of their words and actions. There are impressionable, mentally unstable people that hear what they want to hear and act upon those words in a way that the speaker never meant them to be interpreted. People like Palin speak to serve themseves and although I am going to refrain from passing judgment until the facts are out, she really has set a bad example in the way she conducts herself politically. She is a very dirty fighter and there is no honor in that!
How is free, Constitutionally protected political speech the cause of irrational actions by an obviously insane person?

The left has never stooped lower than to use a tragedy like this to attempt to silence conservative voices. They have no answers to the nation's problems; this has been proven over the past two years in a way that is indisputable. So what is left for rejected Democrats to do except blame Palin for the actions of certifiable loon?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,185,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How is free, Constitutionally protected political speech the cause of irrational actions by an obviously insane person?

The left has never stooped lower than to use a tragedy like this to attempt to silence conservative voices. They have no answers to the nation's problems; this has been proven over the past two years in a way that is indisputable. So what is left for rejected Democrats to do except blame Palin for the actions of certifiable loon?
Why don't you read the post and make an attempt to understand it before responding. Nowhere in my post did I blame any outside influence, BUT I did say that people such as Palin (since her name has come up on this thread) do not say much of anything that is constructive and instead tend to incite people with rhetoric and dimwitted slogans and metaphors. A person has the ear of a portion of the public needs to act responsibly.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,042,435 times
The Associated Press: Shooting suspect's nihilism rose with isolation

He was a 9/11 truther too.

Pretty clear now, isn't it?

Some messy old egg on some faces tonight.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,912,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

If info keeps coming out like this,expect this to stop being an important story.....

Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,067,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Clear as mud. All we really know about him is that he is mentally ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies