Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 06:07 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,570,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
For some odd reason, you forgot these "words";
Not odd at all. And equally deplorable. As I said, the tone of the communication among us must change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I have seen nothing that said he hated immigrants. He went on about grammar in a very weird way, and thought it was the way the government exercised mind control. It was not a reference to immigrants. (He also listed the communist manifesto as one of his favorite books, as well as one by Ayn Rand, about as different as one can get.)

His writings are not coherent. You can't make logical sense out of it because he appears to be a disorganized schizophrenic. Given the other things being said about him, I strongly doubt he every agreed with Palin or Beck on anything. But he did listen to leftest punk rock, which was pretty incendiary. Maybe that had some effect.

Let me ask you, do you believe the author of the Catcher in the Rye should be held responsible for causing Chapman to kill Lennon?
No. But neither was there a constant push on the airwaves at that time of the nastiness that exists today. Civil disagreement in views is one thing. Daily, nonstop hateful and angry rhetoric on either side inflames - especially the unbalanced.

Oh, I agree leftist punk rock is not helpful. But fan of Communist Manisfesto? Weren't they in the business of pogroms and all that?

That kid has been influenced by fanaticism - past and present. Had he not done this terrible thing, he would have joined one of the white supremacist groups, of that I am sure.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:08 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,095,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
If you view it that way you must view him as a lefty. Those on the right do not burn the flag. I do not view these as political videos. They are a train wreck, the product of a disturbed mind.
I'm sure there will be psychological evaluations of this man by both sides, and someone will use those videos in the trial, unless this guy were to just plead guilty. I think his "politics" were definitely scrambled! And have we not heard many on the "right" advocate for a "revolution"? How is that loyalty to the flag?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 PM

44,670 posts, read 61,774,875 times
Did you hear what the Sheriff said during the TV conference. He blames the media for promoting hatred in the US, and that's what sets off these psychos. So Rush Limburger cheese, Glenn Beck, Howard Stern, etal, keep your mouths shut.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,095,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Not odd at all. And equally deplorable. As I said, the tone of the communication among us must change.

No. But neither was there a constant push on the airwaves at that time of the nastiness that exists today. Civil disagreement in views is one thing. Daily, nonstop hateful and angry rhetoric on either side inflames - especially the unbalanced.

Oh, I agree leftist punk rock is not helpful. But fan of Communist Manisfesto? Weren't they in the business of pogroms and all that?

That kid has been influenced by fanaticism - past and present. Had he not done this terrible thing, he would have joined one of the white supremacist groups, of that I am sure.
I'm thinking neo-nazi, white supremacist group too.

20,702 posts, read 12,569,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The same group whose members made death threats against Judge John Roll.

This cannot be a coincidence.
except that he didn't plan to attend until that day.

8,624 posts, read 9,103,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
she's dead at the hands of a madman.

mentally ill.

That is the bottom line. He was a sick individual and know one can know what random crazy thoughts were running around in his mind. Using drugs only added to his insanity.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,785,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
I'm sure there will be psychological evaluations of this man by both sides, and someone will use those videos in the trial, unless this guy were to just plead guilty. I think his "politics" were definitely scrambled! And have we not heard many on the "right" advocate for a "revolution"? How is that loyalty to the flag?

You simply can't deny flag burning is leftist imagery. While I think he is a psycho with no political motive, those insisting it is political must explain his copying of leftist imagery. Rather than try to invent connections to Palin.

By the way I have not heard many on the right advocate revolution, please point me to some evidence.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,490,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Did you hear what the Sheriff said during the TV conference. He blames the media for promoting hatred in the US, and that's what sets off these psychos. So Rush Limburger cheese, Glenn Beck, Howard Stern, etal, keep your mouths shut.
I guess if the Sheriff said it it must be so!

Do you people have no shame?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:14 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,490,991 times
The guy was a flag burner. Just like the rest of those conservatives.

Oh wait............

Old 01-09-2011, 06:14 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,210,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
By shutting them up the exact opposite is achieved, their loyal listeners will protest. If only those loyal listeners would realize that their media heros are demagogues, and ignore their rants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies