Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 05:41 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,525,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
His ranting about currency and his Youtube videos ARE FACTS which we know about him. Direct evidence, so to speak. They tell us about his INTERESTS.
Yes, but he's not talking about getting the fed back on the gold standard.

He's talking about creating his own currency out of dreams.

It's a completely different kind of crazy.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,113,697 times
So far I have not seen any of the hating lefties sickened by that crud USING the murder of these people to attack Palin. He is dancing on the graves of innocent people killed and injured for his Democrat leftist agenda.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,097,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Yes, but he's not talking about getting the fed back on the gold standard.

He's talking about creating his own currency out of dreams.

It's a completely different kind of crazy.
Stream of consciouness writing sort of.......and sort of crazy. But there is still a political thread through it.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM

25,604 posts, read 56,686,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Except there's no evidence that what you are talking about has anything to do with what happened here.

Except that the shooter appearently listened to leftest hate music, there's no reason to believe this was in anyway related to political pundits or rhetoric.
You miss my point. We have had a overall climate of HATE in this country for at least a decade. This is a young, impressionable, unbalanced kid. Of course, he will be affected by the atmosphere. He's been absorbing it for his entire life, virtually. Being a loner only exacerbated the situation because he had no challenges to his skewed psychotic views.

In addition, he was a racist. He hated immigrants (poor grammar) and Mein Kampf was on his favorite books list. Do you think it was a coincidence that Ms. Giffords was Jewish and also opposed to the AZ immigration law? I don't.

Those were his motives. And the 'take 'em out' and 'put 'em in your crosshairs' atmosphere did not escape him.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,806,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
His ranting about currency and his Youtube videos ARE FACTS which we know about him. Direct evidence, so to speak. They tell us about his INTERESTS.
So what do they say about him? Not much.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:52 PM

38,697 posts, read 26,502,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
He was a wacko, but he wasn't liberal OR conservative at this point - and as I said yesterday, even Andrew Breitbart was a liberal once! I think the guy had changed into more of an Infowars type and YES they are also Palin's audience.

Look at my posts because I agreed yesterday that the guy was probably a paranoid schizophrenic.

The Pima County Sheriff himself said unbalanced people are more susceptible to vitriol. Do you need more evidence, really? Exhibit A!

So he was a liberal flag-burning Sarah Palin supporter?

Where does this desperation to link every nut in the country to conservative speech end?

As for "vitriol", the truth is always seems vitriolic to someone. I'm sure conservative efforts to rein in public service unions like SEIU would seem vitriolic to public service employees like our sheriff.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
You miss my point. We have had a overall climate of HATE in this country for at least a decade. This is a young, impressionable, unbalanced kid. Of course, he will be affected by the atmosphere. He's been absorbing it for his entire life, virtually. Being a loner only exacerbated the situation because he had no challenges to his skewed psychotic views.

In addition, he was a racist. He hated immigrants (poor grammar) and Mein Kampf was on his favorite books list. Do you think it was a coincidence that Ms. Giffords was Jewish and also opposed to the AZ immigration law? I don't.

Those were his motives. And the 'take 'em out' and 'put 'em in your crosshairs' atmosphere did not escape him.
I have seen nothing that said he hated immigrants. He went on about grammar in a very weird way, and thought it was the way the government exercised mind control. It was not a reference to immigrants. (He also listed the communist manifesto as one of his favorite books, as well as one by Ayn Rand, about as different as one can get.)

His writings are not coherent. You can't make logical sense out of it because he appears to be a disorganized schizophrenic. Given the other things being said about him, I strongly doubt he every agreed with Palin or Beck on anything. But he did listen to leftest punk rock, which was pretty incendiary. Maybe that had some effect.

Let me ask you, do you believe the author of the Catcher in the Rye should be held responsible for causing Chapman to kill Lennon?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:03 PM

If he shot the Representative for political reasons, then it was probably because she wasn't far enough left for him.

He was a far left wacko, who smoked dope, burnt flags, rallied against the wars, campaigned for Kerry over Bush, etc.

She was a moderate to conservative democrat who was a former republican business owner, chastised Obama for not sending the National Guard to the boarder and didn't vote for Peloise for speaker.

But I think he was just a disorganized schizophrenic who was fascinated by her.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,529,267 times
she's dead at the hands of a madman.

mentally ill.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:06 PM

38,697 posts, read 26,502,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
How does right wing rhetoric influence a paranoid schizophrenic? I strongly believe that the shooter is paranoid/schizophrenic and is delusional. Some of the right wing rhetoric that is out there feeds into this, and in his delusional mind, substantiates. In his YouTube ramblings, the videos go on and on about the Constitution, the legitimacy of our currency (think of some of the comments made concerning gold here). Sound familar at all?

So speaking to issues like following the Constitution and maintaining a strong US dollar means I could set off a loon and need to be silent on such matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies