Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,191,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama cannot win with only the liberal vote.

He only won because he was able to fool the indys and millions of reps to vote for him.

He has lost the indys and surely wont be getting the millions of reps votes after the disaster he has been.

Why on earth would ANYONE vote for someone who has been an utter failure in all aspects of the job?

Romney nor Palin will be the candidate, they might play roles but I do not think they will be the candidates.

Romney might be in the hunt for VP but I do not think Palin will be the nominee.

Reps have a ton of rising superstars in the making. Someone said the reps do not have anyone to beat Obama. Wrong! Keep thinking that please.

Reps have many who could defeat Obama, its a matter of which one and who the VP is going to be.

20% of liberals cannot re elect Obama on their own. Obama has to have ALL of the indys and millions of reps. Not going to happen unless some kind of miracle happens.

Calling Acorn!!!!!
I am independent and he did not fool me last time, and I did not vote for him. McCain didn't fool me either, so I didn't vote for him either. Next time, however, there is no point in trying to fool anyone because people will look at his accomplishments, and they are rather impressive. I am not saying I agree with all his policies, but he is definetly getting things done. If he runs against someone like Palin, I'd rather pull for Obama, than her, and I think there are many who think like me. The last two years the right wing MSM has done its darnest to smear Obama in every possible way, but a lot of people are smart enough to see through the smoke and partisan bickering. After four years he will be the only one out there with experience in the WH, and if the economy is in decent shape, then there is not much anyone can do to keep him from getting reelected.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-23-2010 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 11:01 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,566,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Has it dawned on you how things have changed in the past 75 years? A lot of things happened even 20 years ago that would not happen today. As a society we think differently now than our parents and grandparents did.

Nita
Of course i realize it. But that has nothing to do with the answer i gave that poster.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:52 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Of course i realize it. But that has nothing to do with the answer i gave that poster.
sure it does. You gave Roosevelt as an example, my comment to you, those days and these days are totally different. You can't take something that happened 75 years ago and think it will be the same again. If the economy is in the ditches in 2012 you will not see a repeat of 1936. If it isn't, then you might see Obama win a second term.

Nita

Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,483,511 times
Obama is a joke even among those who voted for him. If he is all the dems have, well, then he will not win.
Palin is just messing with you dems, she isn't going to run, I don't think. I think towards the end the Conservatives will pull someone out to run, that will win.
Why would anyone vote for that disaster Obama again? So they can watch him go on 10 billion more vacations on your dime?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,483,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am independent and he did not fool me last time, and I did not vote for him. McCain didn't fool me either, so I didn't vote for him either. Next time, however, there is no point in trying to fool anyone because people will look at his accomplishments, and they are rather impressive. I am not saying I agree with all his policies, but he is definetly getting things done. If he runs against someone like Palin, I'd rather pull for Obama, than her, and I think there are many who think like me. The last two years the right wing MSM has done its darnest to smear Obama in every possible way, but a lot of people are smart enough to see through the smoke and partisan bickering. After four years he will be the only one out there with experience in the WH, and if the economy is in decent shape, then there is not much anyone can do to keep him from getting reelected.
If the economy is in decent shape, it will be because he has adopted Bush's policies. Like extending the Bush tax cuts. And he knows that. So by acting like Bush, he will try to get re elected.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,880,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
If the economy is in decent shape, it will be because he has adopted Bush's policies. Like extending the Bush tax cuts. And he knows that. So by acting like Bush, he will try to get re elected.
Yes because the Bush Tax cuts helped the economy so much in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and now in 2010. Well, 6th year's the charm they say.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,095,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Really, how many jobs were created under Bush's tax cuts? Clinton had better numbers with higher taxes, hmmmmm If the economy is in better shape it will be due to businesses going back to taking risks and moving forward. FYI the government does not create jobs and it is not their job to do so, that is a right wing myth The economy is slowly improving and by 2012 it will not be a major issue the Repubs will be able to point at, in fact they will be better off ignoring the subject. I still laugh that one of the first acts as President Bush cut taxes stating that it was a major issue for the American People, when in fact it was low down the list of priorities at the time, who benefitted most by those cuts, the middleclass or rich, think about it. As Finn said, if someone like Palin is the GOP candidate Obama gets four more years, plain and simple. If the GOp wants to regain the Whitehouse they better come up with candidates that have actual new ideas and a track record to go with it. As it stands now Obama will most likely be re-elected in 2012.
Casper

Old 12-23-2010, 02:25 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,412,472 times
They also thought the GOP was in deep trouble just two years ago.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,280,191 times
Pollsters Say Obama Will Win Re-election in 2012

End of first term always favors the incumbent, but no offense, I think it is a bit early to make this claim. A lot can happen and we don't even know who is running to challenge, let alone the state of the nation or the mood of the people a year from now.

Place your bets folks, its wide open at the moment.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:35 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

Place your bets folks, its wide open at the moment.
My bet's absolutely on Obama out after one term. The real question is who will be his opponent (and the next president).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies