Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:58 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,289,908 times

Advertisements

Pollsters Say Obama Will Win Re-election in 2012

That's probably not a bad idea. The less the government can get done the better off the rest of us will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,566,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The political novice is the one that doesn't understand that presidents in charge of poor economies don't get re-elected.
Roosevelt was elected twice during a Depression! Of course, the voters blamed the Republicans back then, as they should right now for this recession.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:14 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,880,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

No, the Chairman of the Democrat Party is the de facto head of the party.

If the DNC Chairman decides that Obama will only get $1 Million for political ads and his challengers will get $10 Million then that's the way it will be and Obama can't do anything about it.

FDR and Clinton are the only Democrats to get "automatic re-nominations" but even Bill Clinton had token challengers. Carter had to fight tooth and nail to get renominated.

If you're going to berate others for being a novice you could at least get the name of the party right. It is the Democrat Party, not the Democratic Party

Except Johnson.

Johnson was asked to step down because of the angst over Vietnam and the economy.

The strategy for a Republican win is simple: field a fresh candidate (one that did not run in 2008) who is viable, has common sense and no ties to any religious groups.
You would be wrong. They are the DEMOCRATIC party. They are made up of Democrats. The DNC stands for the Democratic National Commitee. These things are easy to look up, no reason to air your ignorance for all to see! If you are going to play Grammar Police, make sure you have the facts on your side!

Tim Kaine is not the head of the the democratic party, he is the chair of the DNC. And while he is charged with Fund Raising, if the DNC really chose to withhold funds from Obama, Obama could easily raise funds on his own. Remember, most ppl don't donate to the DNC b/c of the name recognition of Tim Kaine, it's because of the name recognition of Obama.

So you are wrong on Grammar, you did get me on Johnson, I was mistaken about him. I would refute your other points, but I don't understand what you are saying.

I do agree with you though that a winning strategy for Republicans would be to field a fresh candidate and lose the religious oppression the traffic in. They need young voters and young voters are turned off by homophobia and racism, and fair or not, that is the image that the GOP portrays.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 AM

13,019 posts, read 13,857,640 times
With the close of this session I would think he set the bar awfully high for all incomming newbies. If they can do in two years what he got done in a week or two they might get a second look.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:26 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,406,443 times
Obama cannot win with only the liberal vote.

He only won because he was able to fool the indys and millions of reps to vote for him.

He has lost the indys and surely wont be getting the millions of reps votes after the disaster he has been.

Why on earth would ANYONE vote for someone who has been an utter failure in all aspects of the job?

Romney nor Palin will be the candidate, they might play roles but I do not think they will be the candidates.

Romney might be in the hunt for VP but I do not think Palin will be the nominee.

Reps have a ton of rising superstars in the making. Someone said the reps do not have anyone to beat Obama. Wrong! Keep thinking that please.

Reps have many who could defeat Obama, its a matter of which one and who the VP is going to be.

20% of liberals cannot re elect Obama on their own. Obama has to have ALL of the indys and millions of reps. Not going to happen unless some kind of miracle happens.

Calling Acorn!!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM

13,724 posts, read 20,958,897 times
Pollsters Say Obama Will Win Re-election in 2012

I have said as much here and still think so.

Not a slam dunk though. I recall the first President Bush had atmospheric ratings and yet was defeated by a relatively unknown governor from Arkansas.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:25 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,688,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama cannot win with only the liberal vote.

He only won because he was able to fool the indys and millions of reps to vote for him.

He has lost the indys and surely wont be getting the millions of reps votes after the disaster he has been.

Why on earth would ANYONE vote for someone who has been an utter failure in all aspects of the job?

Romney nor Palin will be the candidate, they might play roles but I do not think they will be the candidates.

Romney might be in the hunt for VP but I do not think Palin will be the nominee.

Reps have a ton of rising superstars in the making. Someone said the reps do not have anyone to beat Obama. Wrong! Keep thinking that please.

Reps have many who could defeat Obama, its a matter of which one and who the VP is going to be.

20% of liberals cannot re elect Obama on their own. Obama has to have ALL of the indys and millions of reps. Not going to happen unless some kind of miracle happens.

Calling Acorn!!!!!
^^^Thanks for the laugh! Crazed rants are always funny

However, President Obama will be re-elected in 2012 because the rest of us are very happy with him.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 AM

24,570 posts, read 23,353,798 times
So they're that intent on keeping a spineless jellyfish in the Whitehouse that does as he's told that they'll throw the election to keep him in another 4 years. I guess no matter how we vote the election is already decided.
But Obama should be unpopular enough that there's no way they can rig the election.
We may not get an independant that will fight for the people but we should get somebody a little less damaging to the country.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:30 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Roosevelt was elected twice during a Depression! Of course, the voters blamed the Republicans back then, as they should right now for this recession.
Has it dawned on you how things have changed in the past 75 years? A lot of things happened even 20 years ago that would not happen today. As a society we think differently now than our parents and grandparents did.

Nita

Old 12-23-2010, 10:56 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,081,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
So they're that intent on keeping a spineless jellyfish in the White house that does as he's told that they'll throw the election to keep him in another 4 years. I guess no matter how we vote the election is already decided.
But Obama should be unpopular enough that there's no way they can rig the election.
We may not get an independent that will fight for the people but we should get somebody a little less damaging to the country.
Just the thought of 4 more years of Obama
Is he going to run on the Republican ticket next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies