Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 07:06 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,012,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I was just in Weirton the other day. It was hoppin’! I hear they’re getting a Whole Foods and a Saks Fifth Avenue soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 07:12 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I was just in Weirton the other day. It was hoppin’! I hear they’re getting a Whole Foods and a Saks Fifth Avenue soon!
It looks like you are correct. What you saw is growth. Big development going on down there.

Manufacturing- jobs paying 30-120K a year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wtr...n-decades/amp/

Retail and housing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wtov9.c...und-in-weirton

Old 07-29-2020, 07:25 PM

806 posts, read 260,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It looks like you are correct. What you saw is growth. Big development going on down there.

Manufacturing- jobs paying 30-120K a year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wtr...n-decades/amp/

Retail and housing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wtov9.c...und-in-weirton
You couldn't pay me $120K to live in Weirton.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
That’s fine. The job will go to somebody who wants to work and have a police force. I’d wager if that development happens it will be quite the desirable place to live. You only have to drive 35 miles if you want to see chaos.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
That’s fine. The job will go to somebody who wants to work and have a police force. I’d wager if that development happens it will be quite the desirable place to live. You only have to drive 35 miles if you want to see chaos.
Agreed, I only have to drive 35 miles to get to Weirton.

Your dip**** gimmick might work on people who don't live in the city. It doesn't work on those of us who do.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:29 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,246,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghSportsGuy420 View Post
No chance of that happening anywhere, lol

Old 07-29-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No chance of that happening anywhere, lol
It’s funny isn’t it. Complaining about affordable housing, lives in Beechview and now proclaim they make money. I envision a starving artist out of work.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:36 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,012,601 times
Quote:
As I was watching a couple of kids tag a building today, I was thinking you are actually correct here. I do believe small towns are going to come back like Weirton. I really do. Things are cyclical in nature, so the city did really well over the last decade, but still lost population, but still for Pittsburgh it did well enough. I do thing it peaked. Who will I blame? The far left leaders that really are clueless when it comes to economies. They really just don't get it at all. I can honestly say, we peaked. It isn't that upsetting, because the far left types really sort of deserve what they get.

I have never voted republican. I don't think I will vote republican this election either, but I doubt I will vote Biden. Just to give perspective. The far left is killing cities. They just don't get money at all.

Just wait. Defunding of schools. Roads are a mess. PAT cutting routes. Rivers getting polluted more. Crime rising to the point of white flight again. Cycles do happen. Pittsburgh looks like crap right now. Graffiti everywhere. Promoting criminals via murals? Really? Thugs shouldn't be painted anywhere especially if they came from a drive-by.

Can't people see this stuff? Really?

Old 07-29-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have never voted republican. I don't think I will vote republican this election either, but I doubt I will vote Biden. Just to give perspective. The far left is killing cities. They just don't get money at all.
For the observers, this is a classic right wing tactic they spread on Breitbart and on thedonald.win. Pretend you're a democrat and post full on Trump / Republican stuff. Dunno who they think it fools.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:39 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,246,752 times
Quote:
It’s funny isn’t it. Complaining about affordable housing, lives in Beechview and now proclaim they make money. I envision a starving artist out of work.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh